Thinking of Buying A GameCube

• One console I really feel that I missed out on was the GameCube. My first console was the PS2, and the next one I got was the Wii. Over the years I've heard a lot about the awesome games that were out for game cube and I've always wanted to play them. Though I've been hesitant to buy a GameCube or even just a controller to plug into my Wii because I've been holding out hope that those games would come to virtual console. If the GameCube games aren't announced for virtual console this E3 should I take the plunge? If I do, should I buy the whole console or just the controller?

The games I'm mainly wanting to play are:
    -Wario World
    -Super Mario Sunshine
    -Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
    -Luigi's Mansion
    -Pikmin 1/2
    -F-Zero GX
    -Viewtiful Joe
    -Mario Kart: Double Dash

• If you've got a hundred dollars to blow Gotcha Force is incredible.

If you don't then Wind Waker is also highly recommended.

• You would need both a Gamecube controller and memory card to play on a backwards compatible Wii, but other than that it's a perfect system to play the games. SNES isn't even coming at the 2018 launch, so I think you'll have a while before GCN comes to virtual console, but who knows. The Gamecube is probably my favorite console, so I would highly encourage you to try it out.

But since this is an online gaming community, of course I have my own suggestions for your list. Namely Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, and Super Mario Strikers (I've actually only played the Wii sequel, but I really like this style of "soccer" game.). The Thousand Year Door and Luigi's Mansion are among my favorites as well, and Sunshine and Double Dash are both really fun games.

• It is too bad that we haven't heard any VC news... It is annoying to have to track down accessories and used games that may be pricey.

But alas, the GameCube is probably my favorite console as well! I have so many fond memories, and the games are simply incredible. It was Nintendo's last traditional console before motion-controls, and as such it contains many deep and immensely entertaining titles. Just looking at these lists makes me want to hook mine back up right now.

I'm sure I'm just miming everyone else's suggestions, but my favorite titles are:

Metroid Prime (1&2)
    Super Mario Sunshine
    Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
    Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
    Zelda: Wind Waker
    Pikmin 2
    Custom Robo
    WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$

Edit: I am so so sorry that I forgot to put you on the list, Melee. You truly are Lord of the GameCube.

• Surprised Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader hasn't been mentioned.

In terms of third-party, if you haven't played them on PS2, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 and Bloody Roar: Primal Fury (aka 3) are good.

If you want a really offbeat game, you may want to check out Cubivore. But be warned that it's very minimalist in all respects.

And the Game Boy Player is great.

I would strongly recommend Wind Waker HD (Wii U) over the original. Bigtime graphical and gameplay enhancements (Twilight Princess HD, on the other hand, is barely an upgrade).

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.