13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

• @bard91 Another game for Playstation to say 'Too Japanese, icky!' and throw off of their E3 stage into the prison Gravity Rush and Hellblade stay in.

• @Haru17 I think it would be next to impossible for Sony to show this, for whatever reason it seems like they don't coordinate stuff at all with Atlus, because if P5 couldn't get more than a few seconds worth of images on the E3 press conference and the PS Experience Keynote, then I don't see how they would do it for this.

• @bard91 That's so borked dude, I almost forgot about Persona.

• Youtube Video

I've been waiting for years for this to release and it seems like it wont dissapoint, dont sleep on it if it looks interesting.

https://opencritic.com/game/10110/13-sentinels-aegis-rim

• I'm so god damn hype for this, I really hope EZA review this game.

• Love VanillaWare and like y'all have had my eye on this game for a long time. I'm so glad its being well received because I've been a little worried about this game because of the combat and how very different it is from their past work. Seems like to story is really good, very much looking forward to this next week.

• @themarcv Not gonna lie I still can't tell what the hell is happening during combat based on the gameplay I've seen which had me a bit concerned, but people that've played the game do say that it is pretty clear what is going on once you actually play it.

• @bard91 Yeah, its just been worrying for years trying to get any glimpse of this game and basically just seeing characters running left or right. Even though they looked awesome cuz the art from Vanillaware is second to none its like, I know there's giant robots, I know they are going to fight something, show me that! When we finally saw it, it was a bit deflating.

• @bard91 said in 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim:

@themarcv Not gonna lie I still can't tell what the hell is happening during combat based on the gameplay I've seen which had me a bit concerned, but people that've played the game do say that it is pretty clear what is going on once you actually play it.

This not their first time they made RTS.
    alt text

It just personal opinion but to me the gameplay looks fun and fast paced.

• @danjin44 oh yeah I liked GrimGrimoire, flawed as it was, but I mean that was like 15 years ago and the game is just fine, to me the thing is that seeing the combat at first glance it can be hard to understand what exactly is happening and what you are actually doing, but from what I've heard so far I have no concerns about the game being entertaining.

• @bard91 From the reviews the battle section starts out simple so they can ease you in to how the combat works but later on ramps on the difficulty.

• This was not on my radar at all but my interest is now piqued!

• I have been wondering, is EZA planning to review this game?

• Maybe but I wouldn't count on it, Ben would be the most likely to it, but he is pretty sloppy and inconsistent on regards to what he actually ends up reviewing.

• @bard91 Thats a shame, I would loved to hear their thought about the game, but I guess the game is too niche for them.

• @danjin44 I don't think it's too niche, they are just not consistent and commited to delivering reviews, I'm pretty confident Ben would play this and possibly Damiani or Brad, but that doesn't mean they'll review it.

• @bard91 Yeah, I know but I hate to see this game gets overlooked, I'm pretty sure this game is going sell really badly on west.

• So started it up last night, have to say, don't love the very opening of the game. It very much just kinda throws you right in the middle of it with no explanation. However, as one would assume once that's dealt with it circles back and more gently introduces the character and world. Those aspects of the game are very cool, it didn't take long at all to start feeling a connection with the different characters.

Still very early in the tutorials but this games narrative is already getting it's hooks in. I'm still not crazy about the battle system, I don't even mind the actual mechanics it's mostly the visuals that are kinda leaving me hanging. For a studio with such amazing art its disappointing to go into battles and see what they are showing us. I will say I so appreciate the little video clips showing your mech doing the different attacks when selecting the attacks, just wish the battle field and such looked that good.

• We're getting a review boys
    0_1601122319004_Screenshot (131).png

• @demonpirate HELL YEAH!!!