13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

• @bard91 Yeah, I know but I hate to see this game gets overlooked, I'm pretty sure this game is going sell really badly on west.

• So started it up last night, have to say, don't love the very opening of the game. It very much just kinda throws you right in the middle of it with no explanation. However, as one would assume once that's dealt with it circles back and more gently introduces the character and world. Those aspects of the game are very cool, it didn't take long at all to start feeling a connection with the different characters.

Still very early in the tutorials but this games narrative is already getting it's hooks in. I'm still not crazy about the battle system, I don't even mind the actual mechanics it's mostly the visuals that are kinda leaving me hanging. For a studio with such amazing art its disappointing to go into battles and see what they are showing us. I will say I so appreciate the little video clips showing your mech doing the different attacks when selecting the attacks, just wish the battle field and such looked that good.

• We're getting a review boys
    0_1601122319004_Screenshot (131).png

• @demonpirate HELL YEAH!!!

• I really would love to get into this but the gameplay looks rather off-putting. Would love to have somebody's perspective on this matter.

• @jdincinerator I would say the gameplay is more fun to play more than watching on youtube. My biggest advice is, if you enjoyed games like Zero Escape series then this game is no brainer.

• @danjin44 Ok thanks for your advice-does the game have difficulty settings?

• @jdincinerator yes, it has easy, normal and hard.

• I'm only 10 hours into the game, and I want to avoid being unnecesarrilly hyperbolic, but my god this game...

Clearly Vanillaware's best work and I just adore what the game does and how it is structured, and the story, man I don't know how many more wtf moments are in store I expect many but it definitively makes it worth going through the story, I don't wanna judge the game before I finish it but this is on it's way to be an all time great for me.

• @bard91 said in 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim:

man I don't know how many more wtf moments are in store I expect many

alt text

• I took a step into unknown and started to play this. Not usually my genre (if I can even tell the genre??), but the slowburn hype for the game was finally enough for me to give it a go before Cyberpunk now. Who knows, maybe this really IS a GOTY contender? The following days and weeks(?) will tell...

• The sad thing about 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim is that if it doesn't catch on it'll be called 13 Sentinels: Aging Rim-badum-tish.

• After 43 hrs I just finished the game with the platinum trophy. That was some weird shit, you all! I really rarely play these kind of games, but I decided to give this a chance because of the positive buzz around it. And yeah, I enjoyed it mostly. A pretty staggering amount of story and dialogue and it all rose up to some really heavy scifi levels. Miwa-chan ftw! And BJ, too!

• Welp it's time to see what the fuss is about. Aegis Rim should be on sale now but I don't know if Americans get the same sales as us Brits.