E3 2017 Bets Showdown

• @supermaxio I was wondering if they'd keep the persona's between E3 years, or make new ones. I really like the stakes for this year.

I do wonder how it will go over in the community, if people will really care either way.

• I definitely liked the betting special, thought I'd give some initial impressions:

Liked: There were definitely some funny moments in this special (favorite was when Kyle said to More of a Sports Guy about what he was talking about "I can't care", great moment lol). Everyone was doing quite well with the responses I thought, and I loved the introductions to the degenerate quartet. I also liked the Gut Check challenge a lot, a ton of rapid fire bets where your first instinct is what you have to go with, and a lot of good variety there in the bets themselves.

Didn't like as much: I do miss having everyone in the same room together like the Nintento betting special so that there could be more funny interactions between everyone. Also, I didn't quite like the 3 second rule for the initial bets. While it introduces another layer of strategy and drama, I personally would have rather seen these bets have the chance to get properly thought out instead of how Blood had to rush through just about every time.

All that said, you can tell that a lot of thought and prep went into the betting special as always and I always appreciate all the effort that goes into them. Looking forward to the results!

• Well, no matter what happens, BenZilla is safe and that's what really matters.

• @Will-Schmuck I agree with the rushing, but they did have a lot of bets to get through.

Hopefully they'll have plenty of breakdown on the bets during the E3 Bets results.

• Love the Degenerate Quarter segment, i think it great idea to wager points.

1 questions: what will be the tie breaker?

• @A7X458 Mario Party Mini game would be killer nostalgic tie breaker. Bring back Slusser!

• I'm also hoping Cold Blooded takes it. Those stakes legitimately shocked me and as much fun as it is to have the entire gang run wild with personas, I gotta admit nothing compares to Kyle and Huber trash talking each other. Plus, we've had multiple allies stream Dark Souls 3 already, that doesn't really get me excited at all.

• Add me to the Coldblooded side.
    Those stakes are just way more interesting, though I though he meant everyone's alter egos would go extinct, not just Ian and Jones and Brad? Seems more even that way.

I liked the wagering on the bets, added a layer of strategy to it.

• YES. YES. YES.

I'm rooting for Cold Blooded. Those stakes are THE BEST.

• @Inustar I also thought Cold Blooded's stakes meant retiring all the alter egos too. But I'm not 100% so I just went by what he said.

• So if Cold Blooded wins, the entire Degenerate Timeline will be reverted? This is madness!

• admin

@Blacki138 It's funny how the contract debacle has caused everyone to take things extra-literally now. The intent was to encompass all of the personas.

• Crisis on Infinite Allies

• You heard it here first everyone,
    If @Bloodworth wins, he's erasing Persona from history! Nooooo!

:p

• Just imagining the video of each of them getting destroyed/frozen is enough to make me excited to see it. Now I'm really hoping for a game in the Chrono Trigger series to be announced.

• i think Ultima Brad will win this year (again)

• I want Ultima to win, and then in the next betting special, someone else also tries to erase the timeline, and Ultima just keeps winning, until they make a great battle with all of their powers combined against Ultima (and if they somehow end up losing again they just declare it the season finale and start over anyway :p )

• @Bloodworth huh ok. Had me on edge there. Literally. :D

• So, I have no idea why I thought of doing this, but I just wanted to point out that the answer to Double Down on Don is 1, not 0, but either way it's a clear victory for Ultima Brad!

https://www.math.hmc.edu/funfacts/ffiles/10005.3-5.shtml

• So far after EA
    How many letters will be in the first and last name of the final presenter with the most letters in their first and last name?
    Ultima Brad (UB): 10
    Cold Blooded (CB): 17

EA Final Presenter is Patrick Soderlund 15 letters

Double Down on Don (worth 2 times 2 (4) points)
    During the EA press conference when Madden NFL is shown, what is the value of X^Y?
    Where:
    X = However many times the ball carrier makes a spin maneuver
    Y = However many times the ball carrier makes a hurdle maneuver

UB: 3^3 (= 27)
    CB: 5^3 (= 125)

1^0=1

For CB: Will Michael Jordan be shown in NBA Live?
    No

UB: 4 points CB 3 points

After Microsoft
    2 points
    BONUS: At the end of E3, what will the price difference between Project Scorpio and Playstation 4 Pro? If no price is announced, void this bet.
    UB: $50
    CB: $75
    SO FAR $100

Degenerate Quartet
    Brand Manager
    For UB: Will the Scorpio controller have any changes other than color and insignia? (wagered 3)
    Yes
    NO

For UB: Will Crackdown 3 be given a release date? (wagered 3)
    Yes
    YES
    +3

Rainy Day Ian
    For UB: Will a coin be collected? (wagered 3)
    Yes
    YES
    +3

The Rojo Caliente Gut Check Challenge (each worth 1 point)

For UB: Will microsoft present a VR demonstration on stage?
    Yes
    NO
    For CB: Will there be a dragon in the Xbox press conference?
    Yes
    NO
    For CB: will an original Xbox-era Microsoft-owned franchised be revived?
    No
    NO
    +1
    For UB: Will there be falling snow in the reveal of the new Forza game?
    Yes
    NO
    For UB: If I'm typing out Project Scorpio's announced name, will I have to press the spacebar more than once?
    No
    YES

UB: 5 points CB 5 points

After Bethesda

For CB: Will we hear Imagine Dragons on Sunday? (wagered 3)
    Yes
    NO

For CB: Will we see a new playable character in a Evil Within sequel? (wagered 2)
    Yes
    NO

For UB: Will there be an apparent love interest within the presentation for the new Wolfenstein?
    No
    YES

UB: 4 points CB 0 points

double jump 1

After Ubisoft
    For UB: Will the final game presentation of Ubisoft's press conference feature violence?
    Yes
    YES
    +1

UB: 5 points CB 0 points

After Sony

Excluding montages, at what time will Spider-man be shown?
    UB: 7:10
    CB: 8:30
    +2 UB

Benzilla
    For UB: Will Shawn Layden wear a shirt featuring a video game character? (wagered 3)
    Yes

More of a Sports Guy
    For CB: Will Wolverine reveal himself? (wagered 2)
    Yes
    No

For CB: Will Mark Cerny speak?
    Yes
    No

For CB: Will Kratos acquire a red orb?
    Yes
    NO

For CB: Will Gundahar reveal himself?
    No
    NO
    +1

For UB: Will Dante make a joke?
    No
    NO
    +1

For UB: Will Spyro make a non-Skylanders appearance?
    No
    NO
    +1

For CB: Will we see a licker's tongue?
    Yes
    NO

For CB: Will Count Dooku be shown?
    No
    NO
    +1

For UB: Will any fictional character apologize for keeping us waiting?
    No
    NO
    +1

UB: 7 points CB -3 points

For CB: Will we see a Belmont during the Nintendo Spotlight? (wagered 3)
    No
    NO
    +3
    For CB: Will Nintendo unveil a new peripheral for the Switch?
    No
    NO
    +1
    For UB: Will we see more than 4 unreleased games featuring a double jump?
    No
    NO
    +1
    For UB: Will we witness the death of a ninja?
    No
    NO
    +1
    For CB: Will Bowser speak a fully voice-acted complete sentence?
    No
    NO
    +1
    For CB: Will we see any men crying in a video game?
    No
    NO
    +1
    For UB: Will anyone on a bicycle fall over?
    No
    NO
    +1

UB: 10 points CB 3 points