P4G Best Waifu?

• @SabotageTheTruth

Futaba just seems weird/creepy to date, I had to look it up, shes only a year younger than the MC, but she seems so much younger

I will say I had a hard time picking between Makoto, the maid and the doctor

• @ACardAttack A year isn't anything! Nerdy girl that loves video games and sci-fi movies, I can't help but love her.

• @ACardAttack I have to agree that Futaba just looks to young and it is honestly creepy for me, her story really makes it hard to say no though.

And I wouldn't agree with P5's being better than 4's, Makoto for sure but Makoto is best girl period, but the rest are comparable I would say.

• @bard91 Not to make this a thing, but how is dating someone a year younger than you more creepy than dating an adult while you're in high school? She's a grade under you, so I honestly don't see the creep factor at all. If the logic is that we're claiming someone as a "waifu" when they're in high school, that would apply to a lot of characters. So if I'm gonna get labelled as a creep for digging her, then that makes this entire thread full of creeps. Admit it everyone!

• @SabotageTheTruth it's not an age thing it more the fact that she really looks like she's 12, specially when you see her beside the other characters.

I'm not saying it is necessarily creepy, or at least not more so than with the other characters as you mentioned :P, but it seemed like that to me personally.

• @bard91 I see you refused to admit to being a creep. It's okay.

We all know the truth.

• @SabotageTheTruth I'm not a creep!!!, that's not me!!!

shadow awakens

• I dont think it's creepy but I do feel she's way more like a little sister than a love interest, she's like the nanako of P5 and I like her, Akira & Sojiro as a family

• @SabotageTheTruth

I had to look it up that she's only a year younger. She seems about 5 years younger and she's like a sister. That's the issue for me, she seems so much younger.

As for the other, there is a double standard for men dating older women. Not saying it's not creepy, but MC seems closer in maturity to the adults than Futaba

• I'd say maturity wise Ann seems much younger, but I guess you put a character in a red leather suit and people don't question it.

• @SabotageTheTruth said in P4G Best Waifu?:

I'd say maturity wise Ann seems much younger

Than Futaba!!?? No way, I really don't see how that would be the case.

• @bard91 It depends on your perception of maturity then. You have to keep in mind Futaba was a shut in and didn't get to experience the world for quite awhile, so she does view the world with a child-like wonder at times, often being very excitable. Think of our own hype man Huber, he's the most excited person I know yet I wouldn't say he lacks maturity.

Futaba is a lover of games like all of us, enjoys classic sci-fi, and is an incredible hacker. Let's not forget that

she saved your life. Without her intellect, the MC would have died. Ann didn't contribute to that whatsoever.

Then we have Ann that has an incredible first arc, she shows some major growth and then... Nothing. Her Confidant link is pretty shallow, with her main motivation being to do better than someone else, she makes constant comments about wanting candy, and she's often depicted sticking her tongue out. I realize she has a body but I'm talking about emotional maturity here. A waifu isn't all about looks, she has to have brains too!

I said I didn't want this to be a thing and here I am defending my choice of video game character. Whew.

• @SabotageTheTruth I know we are no longer talking about the physical side anymore, and I agree about Ann and her story outside of the first arc.

Regardless of the circumstances Futaba is not mature person and as you mention has child like mind in many cases, Ann is well a teenager and has the maturity of one, so even if she's not exactly a mature person, I'd say for sure that she is a more mature person than Futaba, whose likes, skills and relevance to the plot are not really relevant to this point the way I see it.

• @bard91 I'd argue that having crippling anxiety and trying to overcome it is one of the more mature struggles any of the characters face, but I'm just gonna bow out and go with my number 2, Takemi.

• @SabotageTheTruth said in P4G Best Waifu?:

@bard91 I'd argue that having crippling anxiety and trying to overcome it is one of the more mature struggles any of the characters face, but I'm just gonna bow out and go with my number 2, Takemi.

That's is definitively true, there are different sides to all things, including maturity and I wouldn't say that one experience in particular, regardless of how daunting it could have been, would necessarily imply more maturity.

I'm not really sure if I put Takemi 2nd myself but she's definitively on the top 3.

• My plan was successful, to turn a P4 waifu discussion into a P5 waifu discussion.

Take that, P4!

jaykay, you're still pretty good.

• @SabotageTheTruth

huh? Ann's social link directly ties back to those early events and is about her wanting to become a stronger person that people can rely on. That's good, character development doesnt just mean "become functional" lol

• @Sieghardt I just didn't relate to her general motivation. It felt like she was improving more for competition's sake then her own.

• @SabotageTheTruth you know you are absolutely right, so let me go back to something about the second best game ever (imo obviously)

This is something that was definitively done better in P4G than in 5, because the consequences of the harem route in 5 were just meh.

WARNING!!! If you've played this game and like the characters these scenes are BRUTAL, like I honestly have a hard time watching them.

Youtube Video

• Everybody please, we all know Kawakami is the best in P5.