Brandon Plays Pokémon Gen 2

• Given that the Brandon Play Pokémon series 1 are some of the highest watches 'Easy Allies Plays' vids with average of over 25,000 views on YouTube.

With the latest Nintendo announcement of Gold and Silver coming to 3DS shop - more on that on this weeks podcast or an upcoming friend code I'm sure.

Can we expect a series 2 Brandon Plays Pokémon Gen2

Personally it was my favourite show from the Allies. I was looking forward to it even when it first came up as an idea at game trailers.

And I know that the community has requested Gold and silver repeatedly and Brandon acknowledged this in the final episode of series 1.

Gen 2 is varstly superior to gen1 interms of gameplay mechanics.
    We might even see the return of Johnny! Given the pokebank data transfer

I will donate the gym badges for Gen 2 as a group stream gift to get the conversation started, I was the Ally who sent them in for series 1 see pic below.

What do we think, can we expect more Brandon Plays Pokémon?!

0_1496794680758_IMG_2699.PNG

• Personally, I think a lot of the magic of Brandon Plays Pokemon came from the fact that Jones had no experience with the franchise whatsoever, so I feel as though playing the second generation wouldn't lead to as many great moments. That's not to say I wouldn't watch it though, but yeah, just not entirely sure on what the end result would be. I wish they would continue the format/concept with other Allies who may not have played a certain series, but I realize that's a pretty time-intensive request.

• @SabotageTheTruth I agree, and now that Brandon has played Sun/Moon, going back to Gold/Silver would be even less exciting for him. I don't see what could surprise him or lead to interesting conversations.

I would also prefer if they used the same format with a different ally new to a different series.

• I'd only want Brandon and Kyle to play Ultra Sun & Moon, given how much of an anticlimax Brandon Sun, Kyle Moon ended on. Not to mention he basically said 'we're ending this show so Pokemon Stars is fresh material at the end of this year,' and those games are 'Pokemon Stars.'

• Global Moderator

@liamww FYI if you send something to the PO Box you should address it to either "Brandon Jones" or "Easy Allies." Usually Jones is the one to pick things up, and if you address it to Kyle or another Ally they physically have to be there to pick it up, and that would probably take longer.

• I don't see the point. The hook with the show was seeing Brandon experience Pokemon for the first time. Now he has not only done that but played through the latest Sun/Moon game. So a season 2 would not be the same.
    Also, it ate up a lot of Brandon's time (it actually delayed things like reviews) so if we're taking time into consideration it wasn't very time efficient either.

If anything, season 2 should be something NOT related to Pokemon. To stick to the spirit of the show and have Brandon play something else (he hasn't played before) for the first time. He could also bring in another ally.
    The thing that made the first season interesting wasn't Pokemon itself.

• Global Moderator

I would love to see this! However, I feel like he should of done this at the very start after Red/Blue rather than jumping to sun/moon in order to keep the surprises "big". Then again I would be happy just to see the series again.... but it comes down to time for them.

• Sure, it would be fun and interesting, but I don't think it'll happen unless they could do it without disturbing their schedules too much.

• Would love for them to have the time to dip back into Pokemon, shame nintendo didn't think it was worth porting the DS remasters of Gold and Silver for 3DS if they were so deadset on keeping it on 3DS VC. (Those suckers are hard to find now, and EXPENSIVE!)

Otherwise I don't get why they didn't have the original Gold/Silver as a release title for the Switch VC or something, least then it'd be easier for them to capture.

• Gen II is my favourite, but I think they should wait for Pokemon to come to Nintendo Switch before they do more.

• On the Podcast Brandon pretty much confirmed he's not interested in doing Silver/Gold on the 3DS due to how frustrating the capture rig is.

He did acknowledge how badly we want him to play it, and I wish we could communicate that we really don't need the capture. Simply having him chill with Kyle and talk about Gold/Silver for like 10-15 minutes once a week would be plenty for me.

• @Stormcrownn said in Brandon Plays Pokémon Gen 2:

On the Podcast Brandon pretty much confirmed he's not interested in doing Silver/Gold on the 3DS due to how frustrating the capture rig is.

He did acknowledge how badly we want him to play it, and I wish we could communicate that we really don't need the capture. Simply having him chill with Kyle and talk about Gold/Silver for like 10-15 minutes once a week would be plenty for me.

There is an easier way they could do this if they really wanted to but I'm not sure Brandon would want to, Kyle might. Seeing as how they could purchase the carts (Or VC Copy) one of them could easily play the original Gold and Silver games on an emulator and record it with OBS/X-split/etc

The only thing this would leave out is their ability to trade/battle, there's ways around this but it's a huge pain in the ass, but at least they could still get authentic capture footage for the intended purpose of the show.

• @Stormcrownn @ZyloWolfBane Getting a 10-15 minute once a week show is not as easy and simple as 10-15 minutes. He has to make time to play the game which means stop doing other things and also prepare the recording and editing ect.ect.. That takes hours. They have their hands full already and want to focus their time on different things.

• @edsortiz said in Brandon Plays Pokémon Gen 2:

@Stormcrownn @ZyloWolfBane Getting a 10-15 minute once a week show is not as easy and simple as 10-15 minutes. He has to make time to play the game which means stop doing other things and also prepare the recording and editing ect.ect.. That takes hours. They have their hands full already and want to focus their time on different things.

Aware of that, that's why my original post mentions wishing they had the time for it -_^