Easy Allies Writing Club

• So let me preface this by saying I'm really enjoying my time here on these forums and realize it's filled with a lot of interesting, well-spoken people. I like the idea of creating even more unique ways that we can all interact and considering we're using forums to communicate with each other, all of us must enjoy writing in some regard. What I'm suggesting is a writing club of sorts, where we all are given a prompt and have to write a short story using it within two weeks. I've pretty much plucked the idea from the now defunct Fantasy Fiction (episode chosen due to one of my questions being answered towards the end.)

I'd want us to be relatively rule-free. You can write in whatever style you choose and length is entirely up to you. Whether it's a poem or a screenplay, anything goes. Even if you're not feeling that particular prompt, the main goal here is to write and read what others have written, the prompts are just to help those that need an extra nudge.

Edit: A Google doc has been created here as a hub to hold all the stories. If you want to be added on, reply on this thread with the name you want and your link, or send me a message, whichever you prefer. Please add a "recently updated on xx/xx/xxxx" towards the top of your page so I can fill out the main page appropriately.

• Google docs for something like this sounds like the best option. I suggest using the blog section to keep this from being buried too deep and easier to find.

• I am all for this! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with

• I'd be a fan of this idea. Always wanted to practice writing more but never had a good reason to start.

I wouldn't be against taking some ideas from /r/WritingPrompts

• Cool idea.. I'm not sure how much I could contribute but I look forward to reading it!

• Here is a scenario suggestion for a fantasy setting. "A deal gone awry." That could mean a whole lot of things and could encourage people to think outside of the box.

• @BogusMeatFactory I like that prompt a lot. I was aiming towards the more specific (Misunderstood Minotaurs kept springing to mind) but I think something a little more vague like what you suggested should allow people to go off into vastly different directions.

So far, I should be looking into creating a Google doc to hold and store our collected works and every two weeks create a post similar to this under the Blog section, to avoid it getting buried. Great suggestions so far, keep 'em coming!

• I did write ADOM parody with my friend Travis Prue eons ago, sadly, it's now gone. (Besides the few spin-off chapters I have on DeviantArt) But I might write something, if I get a inspiration. Google Doc might be the best solution, as everyone willing can write at their leisure, but we do need to make some ground rules in here.

• @jipostus What ground rules did you have in mind?

• @SabotageTheTruth If we indeed do a Google Doc, that all who are invited can write on, we need to have some ways to communicate with each other, and if we are allowed to edit what others have written and so on. I think those two need to be made clear before we start this writing project.

• @jipostus Good point. I think it would be best to have each page linked to a certain user, with a main hub for comments and suggestions that way we're not altering someone's work directly. I'm not entirely familiar with Google docs (looking into it as we speak) so if this isn't feasible or isn't the best route to go, lemme know.

• @SabotageTheTruth The best way would probably to have a master google doc, which has links to everyone's individual docs.

The master doc can have a "last updated on..."

Stormcrownn's Stories; <Link>
    Last Updated On 7/7/2016

• @Stormcrownn That's a good idea, as that would have a central location for everything to be viewed, and individual users can decide if they want to leave their stories up to editing and the like.

• I just got somewhat stupid idea that I might actually write, even if it's retarded. ADOM parody, in which the EZA crew are main heroes xD I know I have slight obsession with that game, but the lore in ADOM is phenomenal, which is one of the reasons I love that game.

• So I've got the placeholder page up here. I'll handle adding on everyone's pages once they're created so either post the link here or send me a message, whichever you prefer. I elected to go with @BogusMeatFactory's prompt as it was the first suggested and should be a good way to kick things off.

If there's any other suggestions to improve how we're doing this, keep the ideas flowing.

• Thanks for setting things up. Add me to the list and I will start working on a story.

• @BogusMeatFactory Just need a link to a page of yours and what you'd like it to be called.

• This is really cool. I am definitely in!

• Global Moderator

This seems really cool! believe I would enjoy to be in! I will just be super busy over the next 2 weeks, but after that I should be able to do my part :3

• Writing up some stuff. Will probably have a rough draft early next week. I can't wait to share with you all!

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.