EA Play E3 2017 Discussion

• so didn't watch the conference but FIFA 18 on Switch sounds like it's the real deal this time.

i personnally couldn't give any less of a shit about FIFA but that's fantastic news 3rd Party Support wise for Nintendo. :)

• alt text

• @Descendant Yeah I saw that. I feel like that game was made for couch co-op in mind and would be best played that way. I might wait to see the price but I'm sure it's a full priced game.

• A Way Out is the one thing I'm potentially interested in playing from all they've showed, and I have a lot of doubts about that one tbh, so yeah overall to me not good, FIFA I already have 17 and I don't buy them yearly anyways (last one I had was 10) but they also lost any potential of me buying it by putting Ronaldo on the cover.

• alt text

alt text

• Personally, the conference was a 6.5/10 (3 stars) and a MASSIVE improvement over last year:

While I liked the drum corps., I felt it was kind of pointless, ESPECIALLY for the Madden block. Also Madden following in FIFA's footsteps with a story mode... Heh.

The YouTuber compilation for Battlefield 1 was a let down, but the map trailers look interesting for Battlefield fans (of which I am not).

ESports.... Sure. If you're in to that (I'm not).

Fast and Fu... I mean for Need for Speed: Payback (See ESports comment)

A Way Out is, to me, THE highlight of the conference. Personally bummed it's mandatory co-op, but I like its take on incorporating a new way to playing a game. I really hope it does well early next year.

The Seed and Scorpio talk was kind of unnecessary.

Anthem's tease was my other personal highlight, but teasing your IP for another conference is weird when viewed from the EA lens, but KUDOS to Microsoft in shelling out the money to get it on their stage. I'm pretty sure the game is multiplatform, but Xbox needs all the help it can get.

NBA Live. Worst. Part. of the Show.

Battlefront II was my most anticipated, confirmed, game for the show and I like the way it looks, it dragged on a bit too much. I do not fault not going Single Player, as this follows the 2015 model where MP is on EA's stage while Sony will probably have a campaign mission on theirs. At least they showed it. And a MAJOR plus how all DLC will be free.

Super bummed no Visceral or Respawn presence, but happy they don't show anything if it's not ready. Also, the collective time dedicated to sports was SMALL, which I'm grateful for AND it was spread out instead of a continuous chunk.

Summary:

Pros: A Way Out, Anthem, Battlefront II looks nice
    Cons: Sports (though it was short) and ESports.

• It was just OK, but are my wife and I the only ones who know Neebs Gaming?

• Banned

@Musou-Tensei

Wonder Woman
    Endless Trash

• I'll keep it short and sweet.

• Sports- Meh.

• No Way Out- I don't like forced Co-op. So nothin outta me here either.

• NFS Payback- Narrative racing games aren't my thing, and it's certainly not what anyone asked for, they tried this with NFS-The Run already and it was awful then

• Battlefield 1 stuff- Game is long since dead to me, next.

• Battlefront 2- Free DLC is cool, but nothing has improved about the game that I didn't like from the first one, no deal.

• Anthem- Well I know nothing about it except that xbox is going to show it, so if it's exclusive I already don't care, and if it's multiplatform but xbox has exclusive rights to something on it, still don't care. So most likely....don't care.

Better presentation then last year, they showed the games Mostly but it's nothing I have any investment in so it was pretty much meaningless to me.

Here's hoping bethesda has something interesting to announce.

• I think the problem with EA's conference, as was the case with previous years, is that even if they have something to show, Microsoft or Sony usually has that locked for their own conferences. As such, I have no idea why EA insists on having its own conference still when their biggest game will only be shown in Microsoft's conference, and their Battlefront showing did not need a show built around it.

• I don't think I really need to say much so I'll try and summarize it:
    Better than last year.
    Too much pointless talking.
    Too corporate and out of touch.
    No real surprises apart from No Way Out (which could be interesting).
    5/10

@Art said in EA Play E3 2017 Discussion:

@Musou-Tensei

Wonder Woman
    Endless Trash

Not to go all off-topic but it kinda is. It's just another mediocre comic hero origin story tying into a cinematic universe. I mean this year we got Logan, a far more interesting and better made movie. I'd much rather have more movies based off comics like that than what we got with WW. They can be so much more.

• Josef Fares is great...

Did you notice the guy who plays Leo is the same guy from this clip, that's made the round in .gif form on the internet (Josef Fares' brother. And the movie the clip is from is also (unsurprisingly) directed by Josef Fares):

Youtube Video – [01:04..]

• Standard EA fare, not great, not abysmal either. My few takeaways -

• I loved Brothers so I'm on board for A Way Out. The presenter also said I'd be playing with a friend IN my couch, so I'm super ready to become part couch.

• I keep seeing people say that teaser for Anthem got them hyped. What? It showed basically nothing. Also, it's Bioware so I'm biased and already hating on it early.

• Battlefront started with me excited because I love the prospect of playing as a droid. That slowly faded as the multiplayer demo felt too similar to the first iteration and there's still no mention of galactic conquest, so I'm pretty sure it's not included.

• Ending the conference with a mobile game is a trend I hope the industry doesn't continue.

If I had to score it, I'd give it a 4. The presentation was better than last year but if I'm only interested in one game after the conference, I honestly can't give it any more accolades. EA just isn't for me apparently.

• @SabotageTheTruth said in EA Play E3 2017 Discussion:

Standard EA fare, not great, not abysmal either. My few takeaways -

• I loved Brothers so I'm on board for A Way Out. The presenter also said I'd be playing with a friend IN my couch, so I'm super ready to become part couch.

• I keep seeing people say that teaser for Anthem got them hyped. What? It showed basically nothing. Also, it's Bioware so I'm biased and already hating on it early.

• Battlefront started with me excited because I love the prospect of playing as a droid. That slowly faded as the multiplayer demo felt too similar to the first iteration and there's still no mention of galactic conquest, so I'm pretty sure it's not included.

• Ending the conference with a mobile game is a trend I hope the industry doesn't continue.

If I had to score it, I'd give it a 4. The presentation was better than last year but if I'm only interested in one game after the conference, I honestly can't give it any more accolades. EA just isn't for me apparently.

Funny thing is they ended last years conference with the Star Wars mobile game after showing nobody anything worth mentioning in their little montage of the star wars games people are working on.

• @ZyloWolfBane I honestly don't remember that but that press conference had me hard checked out for most of it so it doesn't surprise me.