EA Play E3 2017 Discussion

• Standard EA fare, not great, not abysmal either. My few takeaways -

• I loved Brothers so I'm on board for A Way Out. The presenter also said I'd be playing with a friend IN my couch, so I'm super ready to become part couch.

• I keep seeing people say that teaser for Anthem got them hyped. What? It showed basically nothing. Also, it's Bioware so I'm biased and already hating on it early.

• Battlefront started with me excited because I love the prospect of playing as a droid. That slowly faded as the multiplayer demo felt too similar to the first iteration and there's still no mention of galactic conquest, so I'm pretty sure it's not included.

• Ending the conference with a mobile game is a trend I hope the industry doesn't continue.

If I had to score it, I'd give it a 4. The presentation was better than last year but if I'm only interested in one game after the conference, I honestly can't give it any more accolades. EA just isn't for me apparently.

• @SabotageTheTruth said in EA Play E3 2017 Discussion:

Standard EA fare, not great, not abysmal either. My few takeaways -

• I loved Brothers so I'm on board for A Way Out. The presenter also said I'd be playing with a friend IN my couch, so I'm super ready to become part couch.

• I keep seeing people say that teaser for Anthem got them hyped. What? It showed basically nothing. Also, it's Bioware so I'm biased and already hating on it early.

• Battlefront started with me excited because I love the prospect of playing as a droid. That slowly faded as the multiplayer demo felt too similar to the first iteration and there's still no mention of galactic conquest, so I'm pretty sure it's not included.

• Ending the conference with a mobile game is a trend I hope the industry doesn't continue.

If I had to score it, I'd give it a 4. The presentation was better than last year but if I'm only interested in one game after the conference, I honestly can't give it any more accolades. EA just isn't for me apparently.

Funny thing is they ended last years conference with the Star Wars mobile game after showing nobody anything worth mentioning in their little montage of the star wars games people are working on.

• @ZyloWolfBane I honestly don't remember that but that press conference had me hard checked out for most of it so it doesn't surprise me.