Microsoft E3 2017 Discussion

• Much better than I was expecting from Microsoft. Still not sold on an XB1, but at least I didn't walk away bored by it.

• What's going on with crackdown? I was expecting to see cities being destroyed. Nothing like what I was expecting from the power of the cloud description they gave years ago.

Also does anyone else think the new console looks like a updated PS2?

• Banned

I like how you can level up in Ass Creed. Finally a reason to kill all those random cannon fodder guards that serve no real threat.

• @Oscillator said in Microsoft E3 2017 Discussion:

@Musou-Tensei said in Microsoft E3 2017 Discussion:

tfw When I'm more excited about old Xbox games.

Original Xbox BC and Cuphead were pretty much the only things that got me excited. However, I'm not getting my hopes up on the former. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the best titles like PGR 1 & 2, MechAssault, RalliSport Challenge 1 & 2, JSRF, Unreal Championship, and the original Splinter Cell trilogy were hung up by licensing issues.

And when it comes to Splinter Cell, the emulation would need to be FLAWLESS, as the unique lighting engine is the entire game. The original Xbox is home to a lot of unique graphical effects, actually. Good enough will not be good enough.

And of course, without Xbox Live compatibility, the value of this announcement drops by 75%. Xbox Live was added back into the Phantom Dust remaster without access to the full source code, so anything's possible, but given how Microsoft's treated other old games/franchises like Perfect Dark, Halo, and Conker... -_-

Some potentially negative details about this announcement:

"Your original Xbox discs will work. Digital licenses will carry over. AND you can system-link play across all three generations."

This could be a case of the old emulation techniques from Xbox 360 being used, which weren't perfect. Crimson Skies, the one game announced today, might be a one-off special case like the recent Phantom Dust port/remaster, with the rest getting cheapo transfers onto the One.

• I just remembered one thing that really bothered me, I don't know if Super Lucky Tail was already announced, but man at the very beginning I was sure it was going to be a new Conker, man I was mad when I saw that thing, regardless of how the game looks I felt that it was kinda cheap if intentionally done and dumb if it wasn't.

• Banned

@bard91 I think everyone thought it was a new Conker.

You get generic fox instead.

• @bard91 Yeah while I think it looks really cute, I couldn't hide my disappointment.
    My love of Conker is deep, and a sequel is one of the few things that would seriously get me to consider buying an Xbox.

• Hyperkin is coming out with a Microsoft-approved "Duke" controller replica:

Youtube Video

The original was nigh-on indestructible. Not expecting that kind of quality AT ALL in this day and age... -_-

• @Art America isn't as free as it thinks it is. lol.

• Do not see how people continue to complain about the price.

You ask for a premium product, you get a premium price tag.

That's the sell, it's the best console to play third party titles on, and MS is stepping it up with exclusives.

Not everyone wants a gaming PC, so the argument that you can just play everything on PC is null and void.

I think this was Microsoft's best conference in years, addressing the key criticisms from the last few years, an underpowered console and a lack of exclusives.

And you can bet that if MS released a game and said that it was coming to Xbox only they would still get bad reactions off of people.

It frustrates me to no end because it really seems like they can't win with some people.

• @Hazz3r I don't think the price is bad, but the fact is that when compared to PS4 Pro, which is $100 cheaper, and has actual exclusive games, and then to Xbox One S, Which is half the price of that, it's not a easy sell. But regardless of that, the conference was great, and many of the games shown are interesting. It had great pacing, and was entertaining to watch.

• I think they fucked up the price for a 2017 release. In the other hand, I suppose they plan was to make a future proof console. It will be interesting on the X stack up to PS5. Let's say PS5 comes in 2019 at $400, then I don't think it will be much different from the X.

Crackdown seems to be heading to be a dissaster. If they had confidence on the game, they would have show it on the stage. Besides, it seems CloudEngine and Reagent aren''t being mentioned as deveopers which is worrisome, at least for reagent which had the crackdown veterans. The trailer looked terrible, the changes in art direction makes it look like a 360 game and no destruction was shown. Certainly it is a SP trailer and they said it won't have destruction in SP but, for the look of it, seems like the campaign will be 4p coop, so that's mp too.

• Anyone who thinks $500 is too high is very disconnected from reality. It will sell extremely well at $500. You don't launch any hardware with those specs for $400.

I'm extremely convinced that people just wanted it to be $400 because they didn't want to pay more, or they already have PC's. If that's the case, then the product isn't for you. That doesn't make it a bad product, or a bad price. Get with it.

@Hazz3r I echo your thoughts very strongly. This was easily the best conference Microsoft has ever had. They are never doing xbox exclusives again, they are doing Xbox/Windows at most. Anyone who complains about not having Xbox/Console only exclusives is an idiot.

These E3 Conference discussion threads are simply filled up with people who were never going to be sold on the Xbox brand because they are too busy sucking Sony off. There's a difference between a conference being underwhelming/bad, and a conference simply not being for them.

• Banned

If MS expects the X to sell well they're the one's disconnected from reality.

• @Stormcrownn said in Microsoft E3 2017 Discussion:

These E3 Conference discussion threads are simply filled up with people who were never going to be sold on the Xbox brand because they are too busy sucking Sony off.

I happily bought into the Xbox brand with the 360 last gen, because I had multiple reasons to do so, I was looking for any reason to care, but now there are literally zero reasons for me to care about any Xbox platform.

I enjoyed their conference a lot as it actually had pretty good content, doesn't take away from the fact that they are not making an appealing platform for myself and other people.

• Banned

So did anybody else notice that there wasn't a single shot of building destruction in the Crackdown trailer, even though that was the damn selling point of the game in the first place?

And for a the "hurr durr you guys just hate MS because you like Sony" stupidity floating around.... just, no.

MS dug themselves into a hole at the beginning of this generation, and even though they backpedaled on their original vision of a consumer-hostile always on NSA spybox, they haven't really done much else, and after such a shitty start you NEED to go the extra mile.

The main selling point of consoles has never been power. If you have ever bought a console because you wanted to play your game in the highest graphical fidelity possible, you may have brain problems. The Scorpio is no different.

With barely any truly great exclusives to it's name, the Scorpio fills the incredibly small niche of "hardcore graphics whores who don't already own a PC".

This is why nobody cares. There is no reason to.

• @Stormcrownn My collection of 78 OG Xbox and 178 Xbox 360 retail games says no. It's just that this gen, MS sucks, the XB1 is bad, releasing a stronger XB1 won't help. Like I said, the most exciting announcement was BC for OG Xbox games.

• Yeah, this is one of the few times where most people's reactions baffle me, so I'm just going move on with my life. If the countless exclusives didn't do anything for you, then I'm personally fine with people like that going away.

Couldn't be happier with their decision to support Play Anywhere, and Sony is the company stuck in their ways of keeping games hostage on their console (that has identical architecture to PC's) for profit.

Right now, Xbox One X is the only place to get real 4k gaming, and not upscaled crap like PS4 Pro.

• @Stormcrownn please tell me which are these exclusives. I'm not being condescending here, I really don't know which ganes I won't be able to play in my PC from everything show in their conference, all I can remember are console exclusives.

• @bard91

Forza 7
    State Of Decay 2
    Sea Of thieves
    Crackdown 3
    Ori 2
    Cuphead
    Crimson Skies (BC)

All of these are slated to release before E3 2018, something that Sony has not shown that they do. I'd be very interested to see how many games Sony talks about that are slated to be released before E3 next year.

Personally, when I game is set for release over 18 months away, (Holiday 2018, or whatever) I really couldn't care less about it.