Bethesda E3 2017 Discussion

• @CGamor7 said in Bethesda E3 2017 Discussion:

I imagine a SciFi game seems the most likely since we already have elder scrolls and fallout.

That's why I don't really believe the rumor. Generic Star Wars / Mass Effect sci fi is what we would think they would do, but none of their universes are usual. I want to see something unique and focused around the natural world. I think it's safe to say the random generation rumor was fake though.

Bethesda games are about living in a world and doing cultural anthropology IMO. Using an established universe like Game of Thrones would lose that discovery aspect, and honestly, I don't want to live in that world. Would we die all the time or stay as hyper-powerful player-gods? I just don't think the series makes much sense for Bethesda to adapt.

• @Haru17 but they could do the whole cultural anthropology thing set across a galaxy full of planets and aliens. I see what your saying, and I can't really argue because I have no clue what they're making but I have a hard time believing they would do anything remotely similar to ES or FO. What other setting set in exploring a natural environment could you see them doing?

Yeah I don't feel GoT fits Bethesda.

• @CGamor7 I liked how Anthem was wild despite sci fi and mech suits.

• @CGamor7 I think Todd Howard said in one interview that they were given a chance to make a game using GoT licence and whatnot, but They refused because they want to focus into making their own worlds, which I think was the right call.

• Banned

@jipostus I doubt they could do GoT justice anyway since it requires a large amount of good writing.

Would've been interesting to see it go head to head with the witcher tho. Two giant already established gritty fantasy worlds competing in the video game market.

Oh well. I'm sure it's happening in another parallel dimension somewhere.

• @Art I do agree, that Bethesda wouldn't get a worthwhile story written into GoT universe, nor is their usual gameplay suited for it. Also, having Bethesdas attempt at GoT go against Witcher? CDProjeckt Red Would have made Bethesda feel ashamed for creating something that not nearly as good as it could be.

But when it comes to creating their own worlds that are interesting and full of little bits of interesting lore here and there, Bethesda is pretty great at that, which is why I love Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim.

• Nothing's going head to head against the Witcher unless they've been hiding a fourth game for this decade.

• Banned

I was speaking hypothetically in alternate dimensions.

• The Xbox Bethesda Games Showcase was an amazing game. Microsoft Gaming has come to the surface over the 30 latest Xbox Series X games in a 95-minute conference. Everything is arranged to be introduced in the next 12 months, and most with real in-game footage instead of in-engine cinematics, which the company had pointed out for the reliance. Without any doubt, it was an appealing way, and there's a hell of a lot to deal with now as an outcome. To find out more about it, users can look for https://takeown.com/bethesda-mobile-game/ this like now. The Xbox Bethesda E3 2022 Showcase was bookended by increased gameplay demos of two Bethesda games known as Redfall and Starfield. But there were numerous high points in the middle, such as the latest game from Obsidian, the latest Minecraft spin-off, and news that Hideo Kojima is associating with Xbox Game Studios on a potential exclusive.

• @kimber said in Bethesda E3 2017 Discussion:

I appreciate that they didn't drag things along just to fill time, and they seem to only be showing stuff coming out soon, so that is also appreciated. I'm excited about New Colossus but other than that I would like to see something new from them.

I kind of agree and New Colossus does look good. I kind of wish they had maybe hinted at a sequel to last years Doom though, that was a fantastic return to form and I'd love to see another one.

• Omg, did we went back in time?

• @phbz
    Great Scott

• @sheria said in Bethesda E3 2017 Discussion:

@kimber said in Bethesda E3 2017 Discussion:

I appreciate that they didn't drag things along just to fill time, and they seem to only be showing stuff coming out soon, so that is also appreciated. I'm excited about New Colossus but other than that I would like to see something new from them.

I kind of agree and New Colossus does look good. I kind of wish they had maybe hinted at a sequel to last years Doom though, that was a fantastic return to form and I'd love to see another one.

Hope they are working on Quake 1 reboot in Doom style.

Doom Eternal is among the greatest FPS of all time along with STALKER, Half life, System Shock 2, FEAR.

• I was really hoping they were going to announce on online Fallout with a massive empty world.