Assassin's Creed Origins (Xbox One, PS4, PC)

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUuKIpCM2o0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX0fd4q0baQ
    Youtube Video

Finally! It's finally been officially announced, and I can talk about it.

So, full disclosure, I've been working on this game for the past year as a level/quest designer, so I won't give my opinion about it as it would be biased. But I'm very curious to hear what everyone thinks of it, both now and when you actually get to play it (if you choose to play it).

Also excited to see what the Allies will think of it, they seemed pretty enthusiastic after the reveal!

And if you're negative about the game, don't worry, you won't hurt my feelings, so no need to pull any punches.

• @Axel I personally am happy to see how it looks. I love Ancient History so that helps even though I was hoping for this to be even more ancient lol. I've heard this takes place during Cleapotra's time, is that true? Any chance we will get a quest or DLC with a cameo from Jesus? Maybe a quest to Jerusalem? Anyways I'm definitely going to get this. I haven't played AC in a long time, it's now time. Can't wait to see more.

• Banned

How similar is it to previous entries in terms of exploration? Running, climbing, etc.
    Classic Ass Creed mechanics?

• Game looks fine to me, however to me how this games looks and plays is really irrelevant, this franchise no longer means anything to me and I doubt anything can be done to get my interest again.

The first AC was my first game last gen, and I loved it and after that ending I was ready to go all the way with the franchise ready to see what Ubisoft planned to do with that story. Well clearly at some point if there was an intention of some grand story and genuine artistry it was thrown out the window in favor of simply using the name.

I understand that is how many things work nowadays in the industry, but it doesn't mean I have to like it and I certainly will not support this franchise again, despite of the quality it may have.

• I'm not allowed to reveal any aspects that haven't been officially announced, so I can't answer most of the questions, sorry!

The journalists who play the E3 demo will learn all this info so it should available in previews pretty soon!

• @Axel Jesus confirmed!

• Banned

I prefer Tomb Raider Jesus.

• Well it looks pretty good.
    Despite knowing I never finish these, I'll probably buy it and enjoy running around in the world.

• Banned

I see Ubisoft HR is busy deleting Youtube comments already.

WE

• Well I absolutely love the ancient egypt setting, but it's AC. Have to wait and see how it develops.

• Global Moderator

Since I havent really touched a AC game since 3, I kinda feel ready to jump back into the series with this part! I mean the little we saw at microsofts press yesterday really resonated with me and I liked that the combat seemed smoother than just parry and counter... even though they having the Y-shaped trees still made me giggle

• I'm excited. Ancient Egypt looks really good, that sun and everything under it, the way the colours and the sand, for instance, look. I really hope the story is good, that we'll see interesting places and stuff like that. The main character seems interesting, but I need to know more of him, of course.

I have to admit, though, that the movements and all that felt a bit too familiar-looking, like it immediately hit me that oh, I've seen this a million times. (I own all the main series games.) <-- Which means I still love the series, despite what I said.

Just keep those multiplayer trophies away from the games, because I love getting platinum trophies in AC games, collecting everything and searching through the maps. Those worlds are great, and this one seems like a real gem.

• I'm 100% sold on this game. I assume it'll have some bugs and stuff as usual, but I'll buy it day one and really get into it.

Great mix of RPG elements, leveled enemies, and open world assassins creed gameplay. Wouldn't want anything less.

• Honestly the only AC game I finished was the first.. all the other ones just felt way to similar to hold my interest unfortunately.

It looks like this one is changing things up enough that I might want to come back to the series. I like the addition of rpg elements and the new combat system looks really good. As always the setting looks amazing, and I think Ancient Egypt is really cool choice.

I'm intrigued by that giant snake.. I'm wondering if there might be boss fights or similar scenarios. Honestly I'd be ok if they took a bit of a fantasy approach with this one.. but I still hope the modern day stuff is reduced or removed completely.

• Nine Cool Things I Noticed While Playing Assassin's Creed Origins

So the stuff kotaku talks about aren't huge innovations or changes, but I like the idea of poisoning a corpse, throwing it on a horse, and sending that horse into enemies.

I had checked out on the actual gameplay only really caring about running around the environments, so it's nice to see changes and improvements.

• Assassin's Creed has been hit and miss with me for a long time, but I have to admit origins has my attention right now. It looks far more polished than past games (As it should), and the loot system is shamelessly my main trigger point for wanting to play the game right now.

All those times I get roped into fighting dozens and dozens of guards now finally have a purpose, I can collect all their gear.

• Seems interesting enough, but the loot system is really off-putting. I'm really burned out on loot systems.

• The world looks beautiful and I'm definitely intrigued to see where Bayek and his story goes. Also, really eager to see what the Templars are like and what their name will be!

But the janky looking combat, return of the painfully arbitrary enemy levels from Unity and Syndicate, Destiny/No Man's Sky menus (seriously, who thinks these cursors are easier than simple button presses?) and "loot" have turned me off quite a lot.

If I see reward boxes of any kind, I am hard out entirely.

• @pphair I'm eagerly awaiting Huber's experience with Assassins creed origins tonight.

Personally I love Diablo-style loot systems. Dopamine is fantastic, and it beats having one or two weapons throughout the whole game.

• @Stormcrownn I get that. I used to enjoy loot in games like Fallout 3 and Oblivion, but the recent overload in games has really turned me off. Horizon was just an unbelievable pain in that regard.

I don't want to play this game for an hour, just so I can hunt down that one rare pelt to get a good weapon.
    I suppose my problem is more with crafting than loot.

Also yes, very eager to hear from Huber!