Assassin's Creed Origins (Xbox One, PS4, PC)

• @Axel lol. Will you be able to share your thoughts in the future on what u did or is that forever locked away?

• @CGamor7 I can say what I worked on but I'll wait until people have reached it. But I can't really share my thoughts beyond "That was my favourite part" or something :)

• Met my wife, so that's where I'm now. Amazing stuff. On my way there I saw two of the Seven Wonders of the World in the distance (one far away, the other closer). The plot is surprising because of spoilers, really interested to see what this means at this point, but I'll call it a day for now.

The map is huge, almost ridiculous. In a good way. I scrolled down south and as it just continued after where I thought it would stop I had to laugh in disbelief with a stupid look on my face. :D This'll take ages to conquer, and it's just what I like. The game's structure is so good, the way it opens up all the time and introduces things and places to me. Wonderful feeling to play this.

Still, though, a couple of negatives. I don't like the other players' photos on the map. There's a filter for that to hide them, but for some reason it doesn't stick, so you have to choose it every time when looking at the map if you so will. I hope it would remember the choise I made. The other thing is from the same place, meaning those Souls-like notices of where other players died. Really unnecessary, I feel. And there's even a dead body on the ground if you go there, which breaks the magic, as it's just dead Bayek on Bayek's feet there.

• @ISee nah i am gonna wait and get it cheaper

• Twitch prime has AC:O loot, just in case...

• Banned

Cleared the tutorial area and got to the title screen. It's finally a fun game to play and it only took them removing the Ass Creed from Ass Creed to do it.

Origins is the best discount generic brand TW3/Horizon I could've ever asked for.

• I love this game. I'm soon about 12 hrs in, and I have to say that this has climbed up there to compete for my GOTY choice with Horizon: Zero Dawn. It all just seems to click for me when playing this.

I just met Cleopatra and oh boy, did the plot open up in a big way. Really, really good stuff. I just love this structure now. The world keeps revealing something new of itself all the time, both geographically and storywise. Bayek gets better all the time, meaning I'm way into his character and story, and sure, he's also evolving with the numbers in the stats. The fighting is the best it's ever been in AC games, this totally new style is now so much better. And there's still that assassination stealth, too, like when clearing enemy camps and garrisons without being spotted.

I almost feel stupid already when praising this so much, but it just feels so good when a game has all the things you like and it does it all so well. Uuuhh.

• @Sentinel-Beach just picked it up along with Mario. I will update my thoughts on it in a few days. Be prepared @Axel to take the full brunt of my criticism lol. I'm jk.

• Ok Ubisoft. Like the normal crocodiles weren't enough. I saw what you did, and it scared me shitless. That thing was like a car, a small bus or something. Crocodile Lair, what a surprise when I was just travelling down that small creek, and suddenly it emerged behind the plants. Honestly, that moment sent shivers down my spine.

• Banned

Finished Ass Origins.

Aya is the worst character in the franchise. The people that created her should be ashamed.

95% of the game is bandit camps and the other 5% is cutscenes. Typical Ubisoft garbage.

• I absolutely love it. The world FEELS alive and I love Bayek, or at least the relationships he has with other characters. Combat while still nothing to write home about has been improved and is at least satisfying. The animations during combat itself are fantastic though. Can't wait to explore more.

• what does everyone think of the game so far?

• @The_Andredal I've started it. Just left the first city and roaming around the desert. Havent had lots of time to play. It's an average game set in a beautiful world. If it wasn't for the setting, not sure i would be playing it. I doubt my feelings towards it will change as I progress. I like a lot of the things they fixed. The combat is weird to me. Don't feel much like an assassin. If you got the time to burn, it's worth playing.

• I didn't manage to play this for a week for a certain reason, but now I'm back in Egypt. Level 28, just about to enter Krokodilopolis' arena. A marvelous game, I've enjoyed all of it very much. Bayek's story feels good as well as the man himself. Being a Medjay out there. I love that some of the side missions are so tightly connected to the main story, and just in general as well the side missions have been mainly interesting as they cover so much of that culture and world.

A huuuuge game. I'll be playing this a long time still.

• @Sentinel-Beach yeah this is the first character since Ezio that I thought was cool. I'm looking forward to the arena.

• @CGamor7 from what i have seen it looks great

• I finished the game. Took me about 40 hours, I was lvl 36 in the end. I think this is now my favourite Assassin's Creed. It is really, really good. Practically everything I love in a video game. What a journey. Just wow.
    kind of a sad, melancholic sigh

And now... the completionist in me awakens. What a challenge lies ahead! I still haven't opened the map entirely, there are huge chunks still black out there, and I'm super eager to find out what the sands hold a secret. And a loooot of side quests. Which I really like! One of the biggest surprises in the entire game was both the quantity and the quality of the side missions. They were always longer than you first would've guessed, which was a good call for the game in my opinion. Really interesting cultural info in these ones, I like it a lot.

A few words of the final story moments:

I really liked "the eagle skull from the beach sand" moment, that was elegant and made me smile somehow really warmly. Great moment. And the final image of Bayek's journey was just simply beautiful. Amazing moment. "Jump, papo. Jump." The way things came a full circle, to that moment that felt like it had happened ages ago. Warmed my heart, that one. I love that ending.

• As the ultimate goal in the game, I'm slowly but surely going for the Old Habits trophy, which means "Complete every location". A huuuuge task, but I enjoy exploring the map a lot. The trophy's being earned naturally.

However, a question. If I at some point feel that I've found everything but nothing happens, is there some good way to check what's still missing? Kind of a checklist map or something to compare my findings? I mean there are still new question marks appearing in areas I thought were already explored or just empty when I take a new road I haven't travelled before. (I think it's 500 m radius that the ?s appear for you.) So it could be really frustrating if in the end there's still one or two missing after I've checked everything in my opinion.

Has anyone yet done this? How was it, any thoughts?

• @Sentinel-Beach said in Assassin's Creed Origins (Xbox One, PS4, PC):

As the ultimate goal in the game, I'm slowly but surely going for the Old Habits trophy, which means "Complete every location".

Man, you couldn't even force me to do that. All the sidequests were so boring and repetitive in this game. If it wasn't for how the game gated storymissions with level reqs I wouldn't even have done any of them.

• Banned

@suplextrain the only challenging part would be defeating the two elephants, but even then it's not too hard because you get UNLIMITED AMMO for your arrows. What is this, babies first boss fight?