Anthem (PS4/XB1/PC)

• I imagine it will act as a mount with some form of time limit/cooldown.

• As a Mass Effect fan, I am a bit irked by this. It looks like a bad PR statement.

gamingbolt.com/biowares-anthem-has-been-in-development-for-five-years

This will make Mass Effect fans very angry, especially because there's no story DLC coming for Andromeda. Also, I'm impressed that BioWare has worked on this since primary development began for Dragon Age: Inquisition

• @jifw52 Angry because they were working on this while Andromeda was still in development? They are two different development teams, so the staff wasn't working on two games at once. However, I guess you could argue that resources and funding may have been diverted towards Anthem and away from Andromeda... Regardless, I have the opposite reaction; I'm very happy that Bioware has put a lot of time and energy into this project. Increases the chances of it being a great experience.

• @jifw52 said in Anthem (PS4/Xbox One/PC):

This will make Mass Effect fans very angry, especially because there's no story DLC coming for Andromeda. Also, I'm impressed that BioWare has worked on this since primary development began for Dragon Age: Inquisition

I honestly don't care. The problems with Andromeda wasn't tied to this and getting more story DLC on par with what with got in the main game (or worse) doesn't exactly excite me.

Andromeda got screwed over by the engine change, poor direction and a not very talented team (compared to the core team). The game director was especially questionable, he didn't seem like the right man for the job at all.

If we had gotten something on par with ME2 I might've gotten annoyed, but right now I couldn't care less.

• The game looks beautiful obviously, but I'm really sad knowing that this is what Mass Effect died for. It looks kinda bland. I really want to hope that it's full of BioWare character/story, but I seriously doubt it. Looking forward to seeing more but...man :(

• Banned

I know you guys are sad about no Andromeda DLC, but look on the bright side.

Anthem will be PACKED with DLC.

Thanks for the Destiny/Division clone, EA. You're really on top of things.

• @Art I wonder if we'll new Anthem expansions every year, just like Destiny. Maybe the product will release in 2018 in an incomplete state, just like Destiny. Oh, I love the parallels. Ooooo, maybe we'll get an Anthem 2 in 2021!

I'm making huge assumptions with that, but I'm worried about Anthem being too much like Destiny.

• Game Informer did a Rapid Fire questions interview with BioWare's Mark Darrah on Anthem. I always love these videos:

Youtube Video

• Global Moderator

I feel like my hype for this game has deflated after EA's press.

• @lotias I'm in similar territory. The more we've learned about Anthem, the more mixed I feel about it. I want to love this game which looks so great visually and is quite compelling to me setting-wise, but I feel like EA is pushing me away by making it heavily multiplayer focused.

• @lotias Yeah... i feel like they need to do a deep dive like Battlefront 2 did last year, and instead they talked about it more. Typical EA. Anthem really needs more gameplay reveals.

• Global Moderator

@chocobop @bam541 Yeah, I mean this game SHOULD be right up my alley. wear massive suits, fire big guns and fight bigger monsters. Yet I dont feel it. I think Destiny took out a lot of my willingness to kill, grind, pvp, repeat. I also think the date is too early as they had to revamp a lot of the game for removing lootboxes. But we will see, just dont feel it.

• My hype for Anthem is dead after seeing that Hubs are NPC only. So much for a living world...

• I'm still looking forward to this, but I've learned to not blindly trust Bioware anymore. I look forward to seeing more in the next 8 months...
    But I'm also super skeptical of that release date.

• I am not as hyped. I'm sure it will have a cool story but I dunno

• Banned

With Division 2 coming out, I have negative hype for Anthem.
    YA FUCKED UP, EA

• Game Informer published their 14 page cover story on Anthem online: https://www.gameinformer.com/feature/anthem/flying-to-a-new-frontier

Even though this article is a week old now, it gave me a better idea of what Anthem will be like than anything from E3 week.

• Here's a great article about it:

www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2019/2/11/18214604/bioware-anthem-dragon-age-ea

I was not excited for the game prior to reading this, but my hope is now a bit restored. It's nice to hear directly from the devs how passionate they are.

• Banned

Played the beta. Big meh from me. Destiny 2 is still the Elder God of loot shooters.

• I was going to buy this even if its a 7, but i just listened to a 45 minutes review and i lost all interest in this game.