Sony E3 2017 Discussion

• I still think it was a very solid conference, there weren't really any games that were a miss I think, we just didn't have any Death Stranding or RE7 moments, and it was dangerous to think we would after the way the past two years have gone, that won't always happen.

Spider-Man was so cool though. EXACTLY what I wanted and more.

• Global Moderator

@DMCMaster Aaaand I managed to turn off the alarm instead of snoozing it.. Just woke up... have to media blackout for a day now I guess! =(

• @Minamik said in Sony E3 2017 Discussion:

Underwhelming is the key word for this conference. I needed that RE2 Remake or Shenmue 1&2 HD. Oh well, not every year can be a winner for Sony E3.

The biggest surprise this year is that I never expected to be more impressed by Ubisoft than Sony, lol.

Two games that have had no legit reason to be here this year was your deciding factor? This is why you shouldn't hype unknowns.

• Shockingly bad when I thought Sony were the most guaranteed to be good. They proimised Japanese games, and it amounted to what? Monster Hunter and a Shadow of the Colossus remake? No RE2 remake, no DMC5, No Shenmue HD, nearly nothing

• @Sieghardt said in Sony E3 2017 Discussion:

Shockingly bad when I thought Sony were the most guaranteed to be good. They proimised Japanese games, and it amounted to what? Monster Hunter and a Shadow of the Colossus remake? No RE2 remake, no DMC5, No Shenmue HD, nearly nothing

You're assuming that they were all showcase games though, the majority was always gonna be specifically on the show floor, like Ni-No-Kuni 2.

I'm sure there's a bunch of japanese games people are gonna reveal after they've been played tonight.

• Underwhelming indeed, would have liked to see more of Final Fantasy VII Remake. We're definitely not going to play it anytime soon I'm afraid.

Spiderman wowed me, and I couldn't care less for the character in the first place, so good job there!

Detroit looked great but that trailer dragged on for way too long.

Nintendo can still win E3, otherwise Ubisoft will ;)

• @ZyloWolfBane When I say those 2 titles, I just meant a megaton. There were none, personally speaking.

• @ZyloWolfBane said in Sony E3 2017 Discussion:

@Sieghardt said in Sony E3 2017 Discussion:

Shockingly bad when I thought Sony were the most guaranteed to be good. They proimised Japanese games, and it amounted to what? Monster Hunter and a Shadow of the Colossus remake? No RE2 remake, no DMC5, No Shenmue HD, nearly nothing

You're assuming that they were all showcase games though, the majority was always gonna be specifically on the show floor, like Ni-No-Kuni 2.

I'm sure there's a bunch of japanese games people are gonna reveal after they've been played tonight.

wont make this conference any less boring

• All I really care about in Spiderman is if the web slinging is good, and it doesn't seem to be more of that moonswinging stuff, so I'm hopin.

Not a fan o the fact that it's literally just batman arkham with more qte's, but I can live.

• Am I crazy or was the asylum in The Impatient the asylum from Until Dawn? I jumped up and yelled when the portrait of the asylum appeared on the wall.

• @Caprica Its by the same developers, so thats very likely.

• Lame.

Big SotC fan, and while I was surprised, I really couldn't find a reason to care about a more graphically impressive version of the game.

• Banned

The whole conference could've been the new Spiderman and I'd have been happy.

It looks amazing and spectacular. Truly the ultimate Spiderman game.

• We couldn't even get a confirmation for Dragon Quest 11. :(

• Kinda middle of the road, while some things (mostly the VR stuff bored me) Spiderman looked great, God of War looked like well God of War (with a new camera angle), Shadow of the Colossus remake came out of nowhere, Detroit looks interesting, Hidden Agenda (pre show reveal) looks like a good sequel to Until Dawn, a MvC demo was also a surprise.
    Was also surprised that the PS4 Monster Hunter turned out to be real.

• Banned

Everyone has a beard in the new God of War.

Even the giant snake had a beard.

• @Sieghardt said in Sony E3 2017 Discussion:

@ZyloWolfBane said in Sony E3 2017 Discussion:

@Sieghardt said in Sony E3 2017 Discussion:

wont make this conference any less boring

To each his own, EA and Ubisoft had zero titles I want. Other than Far Cry 5 and MAYBE Ass creed. Microsoft spent more time hyping games I can already play this very second on PC.

Bethesda eh...I want to like Wolfenstein but I had an awful time with Wolfenstein the new order with bugs and their horrible checkpoint system, so I'm hesitant to care about a new game.

That's it for me so far, yet sony has had everything I'm excited for, except VR and Detroit.

@Art said in Sony E3 2017 Discussion:

The whole conference could've been the new Spiderman and I'd have been happy.

It looks amazing and spectacular. Truly the ultimate Spiderman game.

I know everyone is bitching about it but I actually LIKE how it plays so similarly to batman, and it LOOKS great. Not keen on Yuri Lowenthal voicing spidey but whatever...and I could do without all those QTEs, I thought we were past this by now.

• @Ringedwithtile I know it's a pipe dream, but what if they finished the game as intended? There were originally supposed to be 48 colossi. There's locked areas in the game that never got finished and designed colossi that never got into the game...

• @TokyoSlim Oh for sure, that would be incredible. But it's Bluepoint, I'd really doubt that.

I think we'll get some extras here and there though.

• @TokyoSlim
    I seriously doubt they would add all 48, maybe one or two, but not the rest.
    Also I hope they redo the audio for SotC, it sounded.....off can't quite put my finger on why though