Sony E3 2017 Discussion

• - The MvCI story demo will be available at 4am on PS4 and 6am on Xbox One, both UK time.

• Things that should have been there.

Bloodborne II

Final Fantasy VII

Deep Down

FromSoft New IP

PSone library

Name change (has to happen eventually)

PSnow is being incorporated into the yearly PSplus membership. Price of membership stays the same.

• @CGamor7 That last point is literally the most insane thing I've read in awhile, haha.

• I think its safe to assume that From Software is working on something with Nintendo.

• @SabotageTheTruth lol 😂 yup.

they need to make that plus membership mean something lol. I know Sony wouldn't do it. They gotta come up with something better though.

• @Stormcrownn Mario Souls...

• @CGamor7 I think the last 2-3 things on that list would make a lot of sense for PSX announcements. You have a whole lot of people watching E3 that may not even have a Playstation system but you're more likely to have the more dedicated and focused group of Playstation fans at/watching PSX. You're totally right about the names, they gotta happen eventually.

• I can't help but think this conference being disappointing is more on too high expectations then on the conference itself. I won't lie, I was super hoping to see a weird Kojima thing, something out of From Software, more of FFVII, Shenmue remastered and Devil May Cry 5.
    But it was my favourite conference to watch. It wasn't too short or too long, there wasn't much talking, the live music at the beginning was great and I enjoyed the use of sound and light. As someone who owns only a PS4 the games had more meaning to me.

-Uncharted is one of my favourite series, so I'm excited for more.
    -Horizon dlc is great, especially exciting for my BF who finished and adores that game.
    -Monster Hunter World looks great and is the most interested I've been in the series, though I know I won't play it because I am not good with these games.
    -Detroit looks more interesting to me than every other David Cage game.
    -Days Gone is not for me. It seems too stressful for me, but that bear was pretty great.
    -Call of Duty WWII is not something I care about but even so it looked pretty good.
    -That mouse from Moss is soooooooo cute. Even though I don't have VR.
    -God of War continues to impress me, which is surprising since I have never liked God of War before. Kratos has never seemed like a character I want to spend time with, but in this he does.
    -Shadow of the Colossus looks gorgeous. Finally I can feel even worse about killing them. Was not expecting this one.
    -Spider-Man! I think it looks pretty great, I'm hyped for it. I love comics and so it speaks to me as a fan. I need to see more of the nitty gritty but I was pleased with what I saw.

So for me it was an 8.75.

• I might be in the minority here but I actually liked Sony's conference. Sure it may have been underwhelming compared to previous Sony events and factoring that the other conferences this year were pretty decent it would have had to do even more to stand out from the rest. It is still the one that had the more interesting game for me. I'll be buying almost all of the games and dlc they showed. Whereas with the other ones, 2-3 games caught my eye. Yes, they maybe putting on a show but the games are the reason to show up and for me, at least, it had more of what i'm into.

• @Jamicov I agree, they can't have mind blowing reveals every year. There are legal hoops and actually making the games they announced that come first. If we all got everything we wanted when we wanted, it would defeat the point of getting so excited when we finally get them

• It's almost like announcing 2018 (if not delayed) games in 2016 was an elaborate ruse designed to boost system sales that proved unsustainable when they realized, a year later, that they had the same first-party games to show along with COD and Destiny. Sony actively kept Ni No Kuni — its only game actually releasing in 2017 — off of the main stage because they're Too Cool for weird JRPGs like Gravity Rush (genre-complex) and Persona 5. Oh, and if you believe them when they say Days Gone is releasing on December 29th — the literal end of the year — you're just lying to yourself. That's going to be delayed into 2018, and probably God of War will be delayed later in the year.

Monster Hunter looked amazing, but it's shitty that Sony paid to specifically enforce the third party cross platform hegemony of PS/XB/PC that's been choking Nintendo systems to death for the past two generations.

If we let them, they'll turn video games into a monopoly. It's almost like every one of my criticisms and cautions over the past few days rang true, lol: Ubisoft wins E3 unless Nintendo shows a worthy Metroid.

• @Haru17 I don't see why it is Sony's fault that the Switch can't run Monster Hunter World.

• @El-Shmiablo Lol, that's totally not it. The vindicated rumor stated that Capcom and Sony signed a contract for Monster Hunter '5' to be open world and on PS4. It allowed for PC and Xbox, but specifically prohibited Switch. They paid to try to further starve Nintendo's platform basically.

• I think the allies expected way to much from Sony, the Conference was 8/10 with alot of games coming to us in the next 2 years.

Plus the announced some big news and release dates on the pre show.

• @A7X458 Its funny that my GF was actually more stoked about preshow reveals like that new Supermassive (Until Dawn guys) game you play using your phone with vote in choices, and that party game that Shu was in the ad for.

@Haru17 excuse me while I get angry about unsubstantiated rumors that Sony paid to have Nintendo lose a game their platform wouldn't have been able to dream of running in the first place.

• @El-Shmiablo The rumor predicted XX on Switch and an open world Monster Hunter 5 on PS4, maybe crossplatform, and not Switch at the start of this year. Seems pretty substituted, maybe you should go look it up. I even made a thread to discuss it here with the screen grabs at the top.

And obviously if the deal hadn't been penned Monster Hunter: World would have been developed with Switch specs in mind. Not to mention that Switch could run it fine with some nominal downgrades.

• @Haru17 said in Sony E3 2017 Discussion:

@El-Shmiablo The rumor predicted XX on Switch and an open world Monster Hunter 5 on PS4, maybe crossplatform, and not Switch at the start of this year. Seems pretty substituted, maybe you should go look it up. I even made a thread to discuss it here with the screen grabs at the top.

And obviously if the deal hadn't been penned Monster Hunter: World would have been developed with Switch specs in mind. Not to mention that Switch could run it fine with some nominal downgrades.

You assume a bit too much there, the only reason Nintendo has been able to produce them so far is because sony gave up the license. That very license may no longer belong to Nintendo or capcom has wised up and realized there's a demand for high def controller based versions of monster hunter in japan as well as in the west and decided they should let as many companies produce games with the IP for as long as there's a demand.

If Sony and MS hadn't been interested in doing this project there may very well not have been a MHWorld in the first place as Nintendo is currently pushing XX.

No matter what people assume about the switch, it wouldn't have looked as good on switch. It'd look just like XX.

• Banned

@ZyloWolfBane Don't be silly. The Switch is a powerhouse and a technical achievement. Possibly even more powerful than the Xbone X.

• @ZyloWolfBane said in Sony E3 2017 Discussion:

It'd look just like XX.

You have no idea what you're talking about whatsoever.

Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Version looks as it does because not only is it uprezed models from the 3DS version as the name implies, but it also supports Switch and 3DS crossplatform play. They literally can't change the models because then people playing online would get weird lag and miss hits that should have landed because the other game was thinking of different shapes. Understand now?

• @Haru17 The Switch can barely run the Vita port of Dragon Quest Warriors. I doubt it is going to run a seamless open world Monster Hunter with completely new animation and physics system.

Also, I guess you have never heard of hitboxes. They could easily update the models while maintaining identical gameplay. Monhun has never used per pixel hit detection, and it would feel completely different if it did.