Sony E3 2017 Discussion

• @ZyloWolfBane Capcom has always owned the license to Monster Hunter. It's more of a Dragon Quest situation, where they will put their games on the system with the highest install base. I.e. More people own a 3DS than a PS4, and so on.

• @Brannox said in Sony E3 2017 Discussion:

First and foremost: This wasn't a bad show. HOWEVER, this was the most underwhelming press conference Sony has had in five years. I see it as an 8.5/10, 4/5, but Ubisoft, and I can't believe I'm typing this, was the best conference for me this year.

I pretty much agree with this. Not up to standards Sony's set for themselves over the past few years. They blew some of the impact at psx and chipped away at it a little more during preshow. I was thinking to myself, why are they showing so much before the show even starts? GT Sport release date, Knack 2, Matterfall, even Undertale/Superhot with better trailers could have added more oomf to the main show.

I think preshow might be a better time for that vr block. Not that I didn't like seeing Sony commit to it, but the fractured nature of the presentation really disrupted the flow of the show that they nailed last year.

• @Haru17 said in Sony E3 2017 Discussion:

@ZyloWolfBane said in Sony E3 2017 Discussion:

It'd look just like XX.

You have no idea what you're talking about whatsoever.

Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Version looks as it does because not only is it uprezed models from the 3DS version as the name implies, but it also supports Switch and 3DS crossplatform play. They literally can't change the models because then people playing online would get weird lag and miss hits that should have landed because the other game was thinking of different shapes. Understand now?

Keep telling yourself that,For example as much as MH3U was an improvement over Tri it wasn't That much better. And it was made for that system.

It probably would've looked better on Gamecube. There's no evidence whatsoever that MHWorld, a game intended to run in 4K, would look that good on switch.

And you know damn well if it was a switch title in your perfect scenario where it's only a nintendo game that they would also make a 3DS port too, because of how popular 3DS still is in japan especially when you consider the fact that it has drop-in/drop-out multiplayer so even wi-fi problems won't ruin things for the team, but it just wouldn't be able to push any limits. Just as you said in your own words.

It'd also have to keep effects down and limit things just to keep it running stable in tablet mode, which you know is something they would push for again given the multiplayer aspect of the game, and the mobile multiplayer perks of owning a switch.

• @ZyloWolfBane Monster Hunter 3U was 1: An updated port of a Wii game and 2: had parity with the 3DS version just like Double Cross. So again, Capcom isn't going to push the system in this port that has to be identical to the 3DS game.

4K has nothing to do with what we're talking about. Monster Hunter obviously wouldn't be 4K on Switch, but the system has shown from the start that it can easily run open world games. Moreover, the dense structure of Monster Hunter World doesn't make it that different from the load-segregated games.

Sorry you're having trouble understanding the series from the outside, but you're just purporting a fiction backed by nothing when the obvious truth is readily available. That twice-vindicated rumor said that Sony paid Capcom to keep Monster Hunter 5-turned-World off of Switch, and that's exactly what happened.

• @Haru17 said in Sony E3 2017 Discussion:

@ZyloWolfBane Monster Hunter 3U was 1: An updated port of a Wii game and 2: had parity with the 3DS version just like Double Cross. So again, Capcom isn't going to push the system in this port that has to be identical to the 3DS game.

4K has nothing to do with what we're talking about. Monster Hunter obviously wouldn't be 4K on Switch, but the system has shown from the start that it can easily run open world games. Moreover, the dense structure of Monster Hunter World doesn't make it that different from the load-segregated games.

Sorry you're having trouble understanding the series from the outside, but you're just purporting a fiction backed by nothing when the obvious truth is readily available. That twice-vindicated rumor said that Sony paid Capcom to keep Monster Hunter 5-turned-World off of Switch, and that's exactly what happened.

4K has everything to do with it, that's why it's on PS4, XB1, and PC. How was such a game ever going to be on Switch? You're refusing to see the truth.

You're also refusing to realize that Nintendo may not own the rights to Monster Hunter anymore, otherwise sony couldn't have paid for exclusivity in the first place as you claim, which means even Nintendo isn't fully supporting Monster Hunter.

• @ZyloWolfBane Capcom and Nintendo's exclusivity deal ran out a few games ago during the fourth generation.

And it seems like you didn't even read my post when you're going on about 4K.

• Banned

@Haru17 I agree, it has nothing to do with 4K.
    The new animation system, physics, deformable models, and destructable environments are why the game would never run on Babby's First Nvidia Shield.

• @El-Shmiablo Edgy. Tell me more about Nintendo's 'games for babies' please — it's makes me nostalgia for 2002 and all of its deficiencies.

• Banned

@Haru17 Did I say their games were for children?
    I was more referring to the Nintendo Switch basically being an Nvidia Shield with training wheels.

• In case you guys were still doubting the Sony deal, the game literally has 'Exclusive content on Playstation 4.'

• Banned

@Haru17 All that tells me is that Sony paid for some exclusive content/advertising rights.

• @Haru17 Sony is the last remaining company to enforce platform restrictions on developers with no reason other than profit. Nintendo at least has the portability of the Switch, and the motion controls/etc.

I'll be real happy to see the end of the "Exclusive DLC for PS4" - Although it might be a remnant of the contract they signed with activision for Destiny #1.

I absolutely agree with the ridiculous Monster Hunter World situation, and how they seem to shove the insanely popular JRPG's aside because they aren't cool enough. I think you can put that on Sony of America though.

There was a real possibility in 2014-2015 when the new Microsoft CEO took over that he was going to sell the Xbox brand, so a monopoly isn't entirely a ridiculous idea.

• Banned

This post is deleted!