Monster Hunter: World (PS4/XB1/PC)

• I don't know I honestly haven't been to interest in MH in the past but it may be the time to give it a shot, it certainly looks good and I can see the appeal, I think I'll have to see more of it, but at least it got my attention.

• I wonder how they'll deal with Monster HP with drop in/drop out multiplayer, looks okay for now, need to see more, probably in for the PC version when it becomes available, hopefully soon after consoles.

I guess the bit about global releases kills the chance for a day and date localization of XX like rumored by the unusual release date in Japan.

• By the way the posted trailer and the trailer shown during Sony's conference are two different cuts with a lot of different shots. I'll put them both in the OP.

@LinkJr Monsters usually scale, but a lack of health bars has always been one of Monster Hunter's strengths if that's what you mean.

• @Haru17 I was wondering more in the sense of playing town quests in single player versus playing the hub quests in multiplayer, at least I believe they have more HP in hub quests (or more defense, something like that), even if playing alone. I never really delved deep into MH multiplayer (yeah, I know it is weird :p ), and I wonder if this will be more scalable and not really too punishing to players who don't really play multi that much.

• @LinkJr I'm sure they'll make the necessary adjustments to account for their new, more free-form design.

• alt text

Oh baby, Capcom is a leaky sieve! A UK community manager is confirming all sorts of things on Twitter.

Namely that ALL 14 weapons, potions, stamina, sharpness, and the roasting music will be returning. It's literally a whole Monster Hunter game transposed into an open world environment. You can even see Rathalos soaring overhead in real time while the new toad monster gulps down that Aptonoth.

• alt text

Here's some more art with a shot of the lance.

• https://www.facebook.com/KaroshiMyriad/videos/1457587990930643

So there's an extended cut of trailer that gives a much better picture of the game. Just environmental noise, no music. It definitely looks a little early, but I think that's just Capcom being honest more than anything. They still have to play with some of the animations and sound effects.

The underwater clip they showed is only an area transition, hopefully there are true underwater areas besides. But that flood of water is this sick area transition of it spilling over and — you just need to see it.

At 1:17 you can see some sort of town way off in the distance. Perhaps that's the Guild's foothold in this new land? There are sharper, craggy mountains inland from the forest region shown — perhaps that's a mountain area? I think the forest with the giant Avatar Home Tree is like one 'area' in a traditional Monster Hunter game, and they'll expand out from their with a few more larger biomes based around a certain theme; plains, volcano, tundra, ocean, etc.

Edit: Dammit, the extended trailer got taken down! Anyway, you can see the town a little bit in the normal trailer.

Edit 2: I found the extended cut trailer again! Please watch that water clip, it's so, so good...

• looks like i'm going to need to make some friends

• @orgnoxv You can search the forums for the link to the EZA discord, or just use Worlds' SOS beacons to call in random hunters from around the globe!

• It seems like they made it open world but kinda not? There are still different areas and you can move from one to another using transitions like sliding /ropes/using the monsters.

It also seems that alot of people are mad, but as a fan since the first game. I think this is a step in the right direction even if MH5 will be a different game.

• @The-Last-Villain That's the best thing about it — it's open world but not empty and flat. I imagine the world will feel more like that if there's a plains area, but this is a forest: It should feel dense and vertical exactly like this. This screenshot is from the more open beachfront area, but I really like the scale it provides. There are dense forest zones all up that great tree, and many up in its canopy.

alt text

• @Haru17 yea the area didn't feel empty and monsters were all over the place too. I like that they finally made the stealth useful and how the monsters can chase you between areas and not always have to fly to reach it. + i may be alone in this but the graphics dont look as realistic as people say which is a good thing imo.

My only fears are not related to the difficulty because generations is already too easy as it is. but what i worried about is the possibility of making the tracking too easy. That and shooting/killing monsters from other areas (although that would actually be hilarious)

• alt text

• I just saw the allies reaction during the conference and you can clearly see Kyle has no idea how Monster Hunter works xD

also, the more I see the more excited I get, the rumor still makes me nervous with the "westernization" talk, but I do see a lot of things that can be streamlined without making the game feel "dumbed down"

• Oh geez. So apparently Sony also paid for 'exclusive content' on Playstation 4. Hopefully it's just some shitty Horizon armor or something.

• Banned

What did he mean by this?

alt text

• @Art Unsure, but please the thread I created for that game to reduce cross-talk (heh).

Anyway the series producer Tsujimoto just gave an interview set to some new footage of a fight with the lizard monster and explained a few things. The translator said that they "aren't removing anything" but rather building on the existing combat system. Also the thing on the hunter's arm that fires SOS flares is called the slinger. It comprises both the grappling hook and the bomb-thrower. Hunters can now pick up rocks, nuts, and other things to sling them at monsters for unique effects.

Edit:

• Here is the video of the new interview and gameplay of the lizard monster from earlier.

Youtube Video