Monster Hunter: World (PS4/XB1/PC)

• Oh geez. So apparently Sony also paid for 'exclusive content' on Playstation 4. Hopefully it's just some shitty Horizon armor or something.

• Banned

What did he mean by this?

alt text

• @Art Unsure, but please the thread I created for that game to reduce cross-talk (heh).

Anyway the series producer Tsujimoto just gave an interview set to some new footage of a fight with the lizard monster and explained a few things. The translator said that they "aren't removing anything" but rather building on the existing combat system. Also the thing on the hunter's arm that fires SOS flares is called the slinger. It comprises both the grappling hook and the bomb-thrower. Hunters can now pick up rocks, nuts, and other things to sling them at monsters for unique effects.

Edit:

• Here is the video of the new interview and gameplay of the lizard monster from earlier.

Youtube Video

• Was sad to see no XX announcement but still pretty excited for this. This holiday/Q1 2018 is shaping up to be pretty awesome.

• Youtube Video

Compare the reveal trailer of World to the original concept trailer for 4. Notice anything? This is the same concept: Monsters chasing hunters between areas, climbing across large spaces to travel between regions, monsters sliding off of sloped areas, and monster vs monster combat.

• Banned

I'm so glad the next main entry to the series made by the main development team is looking so good.

alt text

• @Art What's interesting about that shot and the one of the hunter wall jumping over flames and swinging his great sword is that you see the hunter glow and pulse. It isn't as giant and glowy as in previous games, but that is definitely a great sword charge, meaning the aerial charge is included in the great sword at default by now AND that they added a new charge while hunters are mounting a beast.

• Sorry for all the new updates, but there's a ton of new info in Gaijinhunter's video, and it makes a good recap of everything I've been updating with so far:

Youtube Video

Edit: IGN's article contains even MORE stuff: Jose Otero (the host of their Nintendo podcast who actually plays MonHan) got to demo the game and wrote a pretty glowing preview.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/13/e3-2017-monster-hunter-world-looks-like-a-great-step-for-the-series

• I'll keep up with this game and I hope it turns out good. I've only played MH Tri for the Wii a little and enjoyed it.

• I am into this

• http://i.imgur.com/bNwiVV8.gifv

Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god!

Royal Ludroth is back (kinda)! Here are some more NeoGAF gifs and E3 impressions.

• @Haru17 said in Monster Hunter: World (PS4/XB1/PC):

http://i.imgur.com/bNwiVV8.gifv

Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god!

Royal Ludroth is back (kinda)! Here are some more NeoGAF gifs and E3 impressions.

I thought that was revealed to be a new monster? Doublecheked it on gematsu:
    The yellow monster from the trailer is called Dosjugglus, and its smaller types are Jugglus. Dosjugglus leads a pack of Jugglus, has a heavy appetite, and is quarrelsome when hungry. It swallows up the prey it kills and gives what it spits out to its pack. If you attack it while it is eating its prey, Dosjugglus will spit it out.
    The Ludroth was more about spitting water while this one seems to be more about eating (and probably healing itself in the process?).

• @suplextrain If you've played Monster Hunter Tri, you will recognize Royal Ludroth's distinctive roll in the Great Jargas footage. For some reason the Gematsu interview (which I also read) was only directly translated, ignoring the English name for the our new rolling reptile. Only gif I can find:
    alt text

• @Haru17 said in Monster Hunter: World (PS4/XB1/PC):

If you've played Monster Hunter Tri, you will recognize Royal Ludroth's distinctive roll in the Great Jargas footage. For some reason the Gematsu interview (which I also read) was only directly translated, ignoring the English name for the our new rolling reptile. Only gif I can find:

Yeah I've played most of the MH games, including unofficially translated ones like Portable 3rd. Sharing a roll move honestly doesn't mean much. I mean several monsters have the hip check move for example, not just the Plesioth. There are a lot of monsters they've made now so some move overlap is natural at this point.

• @suplextrain I was just excited to see that attack return, lol. Don't be so literal.

• Youtube Video

What if World is literally just replicating the feeling of the (often excellent) Monster Hunter cinematics? Where monsters kill monsters and aggressively pursue hunters to the brink of death, and hunters have to clamber over obstacles and use the interactive, destructible environment to outsmart them?

Also, just watch this cinematic if you haven't seen it. It's like a 3-minute short film and beautiful at that.

• Youtube Video

The closed doors demo leaked! As you might expect the footage is pretty bad, but it gets a little better around 3 minutes in. This game looks downright incredibly, from the day-night cycle that transitions in under 20 to the new crazy animations for the great sword, bow, and long sword.

I imagine it'll get criticized by purists, but I like the scout flies mechanic and the voice acting on the guild marm (?), the later of which will certainly help new players learn arcane concepts like sharpness, etc.

They made all of the different weapons' charge attacks look similar, even the long sword's spirit combo. I like the new, cleaner look, and the little bit of light generated by each weapon strike looks incredible. Even the damage numbers aren't obtrusive at all. So, so excited for this game!

• I was moderately excited when the trailer was shown at Sony's conference, just moderate because I knew it was a bit away, but Ben and Huber's impressions from the demo has me really excited. I'm excited to try the combat on console, especially with their additions like that grappling hook and stuff. Also, the more I watched the trailer, the more I realized that this game is gonna look gooooood.

The open world style has me excited, my main concern is really just hoping that it's not too free, I hope there's still enough of a discernible point of why I'm doing what I'm doing (if that makes sense).