Nintendo Spotlight E3 2017 Discussion

• Alright folks, this is it, the one we've all been waiting for!

It's going to be short and snappy, with some games we'll see for sure and hopefully some surprises.

What we expect to see:

• Super Mario Odyssey: a full gameplay blowout, probably the main focus of the Direct. And how about a shadow-dropped demo on the eShop?
    • Splatoon 2 / ARMS / Pokkén Tournament: they should be mentioned, but I doubt they'll spend much time on those since they have their respective tournaments happening this week.
    • Fire Emblem Warriors: I expect to see a story trailer as well as gameplay, this will be their big Fall title alongside Mario if all goes well.
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Everyone claims there's no way it will release in 2017, but why not? The development seems to be going along just fine! Even if it's delayed, we'll definitely see more of it.
    • Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: It will probably be mentioned, maybe another trailer, it's too big to leave it only to Ubisoft.
    • Fire Emblem 2018: Maybe we'll see another teaser for it, maybe first gameplay? Now that Shadows of Valentia is out, they can show this one without fear of cannibalizing their own sales.
    • Monster Hunter XX: I don't expect them to spend a lot of time on it since it's been shown by Capcom a lot and is not exactly new, but they've gotta mention it, it's huge!
    • 3DS games: Ever Oasis, Hey! Pikmin and a few others, but I don't see them dedicating much time to those, so probably just a quick montage.
    • Indie games: Again possibly a quick segment on all the promising indie games with ideally a bunch of release dates, I expect Hollow Knight, Overcooked, Owlboy, SteamWorld Dig 2, Yooka-Laylee, Shakedown Hawaii...

What we hope to see:

• Animal Crossing: The most likely surprise, especially with the mobile game coming soon. It's been long enough since the 3DS version, and amiibo Festival showed they've got those HD assets ready. Again it was probably planned for Wii U but they saved it for a worthy console instead.
    • Virtual Console: They said that Virtual Console and the "Instant Game Collection" or whatever it's called will be to separate things, so just because their online service will only come out next year doesn't mean they can't launch VC now. Starting with Mother 3. Right after this presentation.
    • Retro's game: Whatever it is. I still believe it could be Metroid. Just because they said it's not doesn't mean it's not. And therefore...
    • Metroid: Samus is back with not just one, but two Metroid games! A gorgeous 2.5D one for Switch and 3DS, coming out this year, and a teaser for a full-on Retro-made Metroid Prime for Switch next year. You heard it here first!
    • Mega Man X: While we're dreaming, the triumphant return of the best Mega Man series on Switch! It will also be on PS4 and Xbox One because don't push it, but that will only be confirmed by Capcom later on.
    • Dragon Quest XI: Maybe that's why Square Enix have been coy about the Switch version all this time, Nintendo wanted the confirmation at E3 for maximum effect! Also why it wasn't shown during Sony's conference, Nintendo snatched that one!
    • Seiken Densetsu Collection: You asked for it, Square translated it! Coming this fall.
    • Pikmin 4: We know it's been in development for a while, and was probably pushed back to not waste it on the Wii U.
    • More Wii U ports: I would expect to see great games that didn't sell well enough on Wii U and didn't get ported to 3DS, so Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Bayonetta 1 & 2, Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE are likely candidates.
    • Bayonetta 3: Probably too soon to show anything, but possibly a teaser, a promise.
    • No More Heroes 3: Again no chance for gameplay but maybe a confirmation it's still happening.
    • Monster Hunter 5: Your "World" game is cute, Sony and Microsoft, but this is the true next installment in the franchise!

Fit that in 25 minutes and you'll win E3, Nintendo.

See you there!

• Mario Odyssey
    • Mario Rabbids
    • Mario Party Switch
    • Mario Tennis Switch
    • Mario Soccer Switch
    • Mario Golf Switch
    • Mario and Sonic at _____ Olympics
    • Paper Mario

• For new stuff I am hoping for more details on the Fire Emblem game and hopefully Animal Crossing because it is time for a new one dammit! Although another new IP from Nintendo would be really cool.

For ports I'm hoping for Smash and Super Mario 3D World.

Finally I want info on Virtual Console! I'm desperate to start playing older Nintendo games on the go I want to know what my options are sooner rather than later.

• @Axel You pretty much hit most of the things I wanna see, but I'm also hoping for some news on Mother 3. Even just a Mother/EarthBound reference would be nice.

And my crazy tinfoil-hat theory: the reason From Software has been silent all E3 is because they're doing Metroid.

• Show me the new Shin Megami Tensei that is obviously years off. :p

• @Jamicov Retro comes out, and says, "Hey, we've been working really hard, and we're proud to finally reveal Donkey Kong's Revenge."

Give it a second to sink in that Retro is doing Donkey Kong again....

Then the From logo flashes on screen! :o

• @Jamicov said in Nintendo Spotlight E3 2017 Discussion:

And my crazy tinfoil-hat theory: the reason From Software has been silent all E3 is because they're doing Metroid.

I would throw up!

• I dont think either Splatoon or Arms should be mentioned outside of a "Hey these are coming out soon, and we covered them in detail in two other Directs"

• @Axel
    Due to the overwhelming joy?

• I'm ready to be disappointed.

• Please impress me, Nintendo.
    I've been waiting so long.

• Well, I expected nothing. Got something but yet still nothing.

• No VC
    • No mother 3
    • No Smash DX (Though this I didn't want anyway)
    • No Animal Crossing, not even for MOBILE and we know it exists
    • No Pokemon
    • No Solid Date for Xeno 2 (Still a placeholder season)
    • No Monster Hunter XX
    • No Octopath info
    • No Mainline Fire Emblem news
    • No Shin Megami Tensei news

Basically bought into a console AGAIN from nintendo that has games I want but aren't out until 2-4 years after the system launches.

At least Mario didn't get delayed, I guess.

• METROID PRIME 4 YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

• @ZyloWolfBane I think a lot of that stuff you can't get too mad because they're either just rumors or things that are better served not in the 25 min. spotlight, but on the stream itself or in a direct.

Really liked the stream, I liked a lot of what we saw. Showed that we can expect a lot the rest of 2017 and we still have a good look at 2018. I think they did a lot of what they needed to do, and I'm excited to have a Switch.

• @ZyloWolfBane said in Nintendo Spotlight E3 2017 Discussion:

• No Pokemon

We clearly watched two different Directs.

Metroid Prime 4 just existing is enough for me and with how treehouse has worked in the past, I'm sure there's more announcements coming.

• @dramaticslowmo said in Nintendo Spotlight E3 2017 Discussion:

@ZyloWolfBane said in Nintendo Spotlight E3 2017 Discussion:

• No Pokemon

We clearly watched two different Directs.

Metroid Prime 4 just existing is enough for me and with how treehouse has worked in the past, I'm sure there's more announcements coming.

Ok? Glad a game that has barely started development is great news for you. It's great, I wanted a new prime game. But I expected games that are actually coming this year like they originally said this presentation was going to be focused on.

I'm physically sick of buying consoles from nintendo that never fully deliver on what they claim, having a console I bought for one game and watch as a bunch of filler games I'll never buy and ports come out while I watch trailers for games we won't see a damn thing on for at least 2 more E3s.

If switches were hard to get still I'd ebay mine right now.

• Xenoblade 2 confirmed for Holiday 2017 and this being confirmed at all is all i ever needed

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

• @Yoshi said in Nintendo Spotlight E3 2017 Discussion:

Xenoblade 2 confirmed for Holiday 2017 and this being confirmed at all is all i ever needed

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

We're far enough into the year that a solid date should have been set for Xeno 2 by now. A season is still just a placeholder, they'll probably wait till mario comes out to announce the delay.

• that was fantastic. I am so glad that most of these games I'll be playing by the end of next year!!! I feel like ppl expect too much from e3. I like the more focused stuff we have been seeing cause i'm tired of all these developers showing too much and then it being years off, empty promises, countless delays. The NS is like a baby system it has plenty of years left that it needs to fill out. Nintendo has good pacing, this time around, for releasing their console games imo.

• @ZyloWolfBane dude i was expecting Xenoblade to be 2018.

i don't even care that we don't have a solid date. the fact that it's been reconfirmed to be holiday 2017 is all i care about.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.