.Hack//GU HD Remaster announced

• Gotta say I'm excited for this, even though I was a big Dot Hack fan growing up I never got a chance to play any of the games, didn't help that by the time I got a PS2 the original GU games were hard to find, and the original 4 even harder.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/13/hackg-u-last-recode-announced-hd-remaster-new-elements-systems/
    List of improvements across all 3 games
    http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/13/hackg-u-last-recode-brings-plenty-system-changes-along-visual-improvements/

• Happy as hell about it, just scratching my head as to why they chose G.U. specifically over the original game(s). The original even had an actually ONLINE multiplayer game in japan where you could have your own avatar character and pick a class!

That would be OUTSTANDING right now on PS4.

• wish it had a little place on some kind of montage, together with ni no kuni 2. sony e3 was kind of dull.

• YES, I missed out on GU as it was never released in europe, and so far only could get my hands on the 1st game as US import, they are rare as fuck.

• Global Moderator

Aah cool! the .hack animes were my introduction to the whole anime medium! I have watched the animes and heard a lot about the games but never really gotten my hands on them! now should be a great time to give the games a try then!

• Wish they would have remained PS2 exclusive. Oh well, at least the PS2 has the original quadrilogy going for it, I feel it had the better overall story anyway. There's still a good chance it wont be seen outside Japan though.

• while i have the origional 4 on ps2 i missed out on gu

• Need it in VR. :p

• Oh man I want to see this! I haven't played the originals but I have played and loved GU. I still have my PS2 copies luckily, might have to give them a play soon.

• How strange, I feel the the original four games have popped up in conversation a couple of times recently. It is weird that they're choosing to revamp GU but I'm guessing it is easier, still nice to see the series getting some love!

• @logic__error Also great for europeans and australians since the GU trilogy never made it into PAL regions.

• I am PUMPED OUT...UP.

Never got the chance the first time around. Come on BAMCO. I BELIEVE IN YOU. BRING IT OVER

• With the exception of Shadow of the Colossus, this might be the happiest news I've heard this week.

I am not surprised it wasn't at E3 though. There was no release date in that article and it was from a Japanese magazine. So perhaps no guarantee of a Western release. I would hate to be teased for it, and not get it.

• This news sounded like a troll, then I was extremely happy for a couple seconds before asking why this wasn't for the first four games instead. I'm honestly not sure if I enjoyed GU enough to replay it, but this would've had me screaming for the originals.

• @Mbun said in .Hack//GU HD Remaster announced:

This news sounded like a troll, then I was extremely happy for a couple seconds before asking why this wasn't for the first four games instead. I'm honestly not sure if I enjoyed GU enough to replay it, but this would've had me screaming for the originals.

Exactly what I said the second I saw it. Like my first post...there's far more calling to redo the first 4 games (And maybe the online game) than G.U.

G.U. was harder to come by sure, but it wasn't nearly as good or as deep as the original series. It's not what people immediately think of when you say dot hack. Least no fans I've ever met.

I would've liked the Dot hack naruto style fighting game as well, but who knows if that will ever see daylight in the west.

• @ZyloWolfBane I would've been down with an evolution of Fragment (the online one you're talking about) for the west, done in VR or something yeah. I mean, the GU games aren't bad. They're just not nearly as good as the original four. I'm still excited for this when I thought they were done with Dot Hack, but I could've been losing my mind right now.

• @Mbun said in .Hack//GU HD Remaster announced:

@ZyloWolfBane I would've been down with an evolution of Fragment (the online one you're talking about) for the west, done in VR or something yeah. I mean, the GU games aren't bad. They're just not nearly as good as the original four. I'm still excited for this when I thought they were done with Dot Hack, but I could've been losing my mind right now.

Yeah they weren't bad, I enjoyed them. Haseo is.....an alright protagonist and his story is a bit more relatable. Even if he is a dick through most of the first game.

But balance-wise was originally very simple, the combat was even more repetitive until the other styles were unlocked in the other volumes, Skeith combat SUCKED!

I just found more to like in the 1st series, the characters were all fun, I liked learning about them through conversations, the story had a sense of urgency, gearing up felt impactful, etc.

But here's hoping that if people get into G.U. this way that we'll see them do those games too.

• Loved the GU series and felt the gameplay flowed a lot better across three games though I do still hold the original series close to heart.

• @Pikagreg said in .Hack//GU HD Remaster announced:

Loved the GU series and felt the gameplay flowed a lot better across three games though I do still hold the original series close to heart.

The gameplay is better in GU, the story and characters in IMOQ are way way better imo.
    Either way it seems odd to me to just do GU, .hack is kind of an all or nothing deal, you need to play all the games, watch all the anime and read supplemental stuff to get the most out of the story and even at that it doesnt answer everything