Gamespot's interview with Phil Spencer

• I found this to be pretty interesting...

So Phil is not focusing you to buy newest and greatest console, rather, the games themselves. So as long as you have a Xbox or PC, and you play the games, that's great. I do approve that kind of mentality. Because they are the thing that matters, console is just a mean to play them.
    Also the thing that he said how the he is not for the locking content from multiplatform games on a specific platform is not the way to go (take notes, Sony), and how this industry is better for having some competition, and is happy to have Sony and Nintendo do well, because that means growth for the industry.
    Yes, I know part of that is just trying to sound nice and PR spiel, but still, I find this to be interesting take on this industry.

• @jipostus said in Gamespot's interview with Phil Spencer:

Yes, I know part of that is just trying to sound nice and PR spiel, but still, I find this to be interesting take on this industry.

I'm actually not so sure about that. I genuinely think Phil Spencer is just e a great guy who loves videogames. Something about the way he carries himself makes me trust him. I don't have much interest in xbox, but I've always like him.

• Because he's the head of Xbox and such, it's hard for me to take that at face value, but I hope that you're right.

• If Phil Spencer is this good at bullshitting he's wasting his time as head of Xbox.

He's consistently had these same views since he started.

Side note is that without profit on hardware sales, all of what he says definitely makes sense.

• not trying to be that guy, but for the sake of adding some neutrality to the conversations he also says a lot of BS. He doesn't believe in exclusive deals yet half their conference was full of exlucive console launches. He seems like a decent guy, but a majority of the time he sounds like a guy who only speaks of certain things because of the position he is in, if the shoe was on the other foot and they actually had games they would be singing a different tune. I wouldn't take anything anyone in these companies says at face value. Their job is to make you trust them. That doesn't mean he doesn't genuinely care about his fanbase but it means he still has to work within his corporate boundaries.

@Stormcrownn im sure his pay cheque is more then enough to make him happy to be head of Xbox. I don't think that sentiment means much.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.