Trailer Jones: Scores and Discussion

• Episode 3 is live!

• I accidentally read the comments section. Be forewarned: people arguing about whether a thing is or is not "anime" as far as the eye can see.

• This trailer made me wish they had someone in on the discussion who was more of an Overwatch fan. I would have loved the opinion of a fan on how the trailer worked, cause this is a trailer more concerned with impressing fans.
    But overall I agreed with them, even though I knew all the answers to their questions about when it takes place and whom Doomfist is. It was fun seeing a traditional animated trailer instead of the CG ones, which I think worked best for this. Doomfist pretty much killing Tracer I don't think would have worked as well in CG.

• @Inustar Yeah, I had a similar thought for the trailer of Everything - I was hoping Ian would be on since he's more in tune with philosophy and would have added an interesting perspective. This trailer for Overwatch would have been great to get Brad's view on. An optional 4th member scoring the trailers would add a lot, at least for me.

• Episode 4 has dropped!

• I think the Ready Player One trailer was kind of a mess, but weirdly I think that was good?
    Its not a trailer that is there to explain the concept to people who haven't read the book, it's just there to show you cool things and tons of references.

Not sure how this movie will turn out, but I already look forward to buying the dvd and pausing to see all the references.

• It's baaaack! OP post has been updated to reflect the newest episode.

• That Deadpool 2 trailer got a weirdly high score. After seeing the movie I'm really happy I never watched that Final Trailer. There was way too much in it, too many things I would've known beforehand.

Well, now in hindsight it was pretty funny to see their speculation about what's next in the parachute scene. :)

• I love how Kyle said not every trailer ends with pre order and then drops all of his scores because all of the trailers ends with pre order.

• The Deadpool trailer was pretty good for not showing spoilers, a lot of scenes filmed that weren't even in the movie. I do love when trailers do that.

I would love to see them score the Mission Impossible trailer.

• It's that time again, as the E3 2018 Special is live! Top post has been added to accordingly.

• For the life of me, I can't figure out what it is about that Cyberpunk trailer that's got them so hot under the collar, when it basically has all of the same issues that they docked BGE2 for, but at least that gave you a sense of the characters and story.

• Also, I finally realized why I knew from the rat pov camera that it was RE2 Remake. They've used the rat pov before, and I specifically remembered it from the intro scene to Outbreak. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HcxMvprYa0

• @minamik I admit the thought occurred to me as well. The two trailers differ in one big way though, Cyberpunk is essentially a first reveal trailer. (The one five years ago wasn't really anything but a call for developers.) BGE2 had their reveal trailer last year. This is the trailer that traditionally would show some sort of gameplay or something. I think it's the expectations given the timeline that make them different. If Cyberpunk shows up at next E3 without gameplay, I think they'll be docked for it.

• That Cyberpunk trailer is amazing because of all that it shows of the world, and the people that live in it. It really is one to be watched multiple times, and seeing the hints of gameplay. You get the idea that you'll be driving, that you'll be upgrading parts of your body, the types of people you'll meet and likely fight, and if you know the original rpg even the classes that we'll likely see. It's a great world reveal.

BGE2 trailers have been AMAZING short movies, like easily up there with Blizzard. I would love for them to continue these, but I do think the next big trailer needs to have more gameplay. A trailer similar to Last of Us Part II would be great, great cinematics bookending gameplay.

• The Comic Con Special for 2018 is live! And with it, we have the worst scored trailer in the seven episodes to date.

• I'm a little bummed that Kyle doesn't know who Mark Strong is.

Anyway, that Godzilla trailer is beautiful, I really like it. And I feel like I have to watch the 2014 film again soon, as I noticed recently in the Kong movie that the Monarch agency is a cool idea that ties all these together. I'm into this world.

• New episode is live!

• That Gris game is one of those games that if I had a ton of money I would totally play. It looks gorgeous and interesting, but priorities lie elsewhere.
    These are the games that I thank PS+ for, small indie games I can get to play for free. It's how I got to play Bound and Abzu.