Trailer Jones: Scores and Discussion

• Episode 3 is live!

• I accidentally read the comments section. Be forewarned: people arguing about whether a thing is or is not "anime" as far as the eye can see.

• This trailer made me wish they had someone in on the discussion who was more of an Overwatch fan. I would have loved the opinion of a fan on how the trailer worked, cause this is a trailer more concerned with impressing fans.
    But overall I agreed with them, even though I knew all the answers to their questions about when it takes place and whom Doomfist is. It was fun seeing a traditional animated trailer instead of the CG ones, which I think worked best for this. Doomfist pretty much killing Tracer I don't think would have worked as well in CG.

• @Inustar Yeah, I had a similar thought for the trailer of Everything - I was hoping Ian would be on since he's more in tune with philosophy and would have added an interesting perspective. This trailer for Overwatch would have been great to get Brad's view on. An optional 4th member scoring the trailers would add a lot, at least for me.

• Episode 4 has dropped!

• I think the Ready Player One trailer was kind of a mess, but weirdly I think that was good?
    Its not a trailer that is there to explain the concept to people who haven't read the book, it's just there to show you cool things and tons of references.

Not sure how this movie will turn out, but I already look forward to buying the dvd and pausing to see all the references.

• It's baaaack! OP post has been updated to reflect the newest episode.

• That Deadpool 2 trailer got a weirdly high score. After seeing the movie I'm really happy I never watched that Final Trailer. There was way too much in it, too many things I would've known beforehand.

Well, now in hindsight it was pretty funny to see their speculation about what's next in the parachute scene. :)

• I love how Kyle said not every trailer ends with pre order and then drops all of his scores because all of the trailers ends with pre order.

• The Deadpool trailer was pretty good for not showing spoilers, a lot of scenes filmed that weren't even in the movie. I do love when trailers do that.

I would love to see them score the Mission Impossible trailer.