Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System

• @edsortiz i own my own private Island :3

• I'm hella hyped for this, but I don't know what my address will be in a couple months so I can't pre-order... Odds I'll be able to snag one come release?

• @The-Last-Villain I mean you can refuse. Quite easily. The entire foolish pointless outcry over the first system was because of people not being able to buy it.

It makes sense that SNES games cost more than NES ones because those games are — by and large — better. Not just in the technical sense of the word, but in a design and narrative perspective too. Until about 6th gen most genres kept advancing with more polish, more fine-tuned design, and more of a focus on writing and entertaining translations. For instance, compare Paper Mario 64's writing/translation to The Thousand Year Door and Super Paper Mario's. It's not nearly as humorous, has an infinitely more generic plot, and takes that generic plot way more seriously without as much self-awareness

• I just popped into town and preordered mine at GAME. Apparently they have already sold out online.

• @Yoshi said in Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System:

@Sheria alt text

Umm, I still secured one. The stock allocated to the store is different. It's still stupid what some people do though. A Faceboook community I'm apart of has a number of people showing the many accounts they have created in order to buy tons of the things to sell on for double the price. When you consider that this is what it's essentially come to for many gaming related items, I personally don't find it funny myself.

• @Sheria those people are dicks.

• I'm hoping I'll be able to pre-order for the next wave. Completely missed the finite window of "hey look here's a cool Nintendo thing!" and "too late they're all gone!"

• The lack of a 2-player beat em up is disappointing. No "Turtles in Time" or "Final Fight 2"?

• Got my pre-order in with ShopTo here in the UK last night.

This may seem crazy, but most of the games that come with it will be completely fresh experiences for me. I was a Sega kid growing up and never discovered Nintendo until my parents bought me an N64 Goldeneye bundle years later, so all those fantastic SNES games like Super Metroid, Earthbound, Super Mario World, A Link to the Past etc. I'll be going in completely fresh to all of them :D

• @DisturbedSwan You're gonna have a hell of a time!

• Totally getting one. Sure it doesn't have some notable games. But its still a bargin at $80 bucks for 21 games.

Liked a few pages and social media posts so I can be notified when its up for sale. Gonna get at least 2.

If anyone here really wants one in the USA. You can sign up for notifications on Amazon, Walmart, and Bestbuy for when its available.

• Anyone complaining about the added 20 bucks to the price of this one keep in mind this comes with two controllers with 5 ft. length cords versus the NES Classic's one controller with the infamous 3 ft. length cord.

• Honestly Nintendo can put Super Metroid on anything and I'll buy it but Star Fox 2 is the real kicker here. I was a Snes kid growing up and it's probably my favorite console so it's amazing to think even in 2017 I can be playing a previously unreleased game for the snes platform. Practically a new game for an 20+ year old console.

• Contra III: The Alien Wars
    Donkey Kong Country (cart)
    EarthBound (VC)
    Final Fantasy III (GBA cart)
    F-ZERO (cart)
    Kirby Super Star (cart)
    Kirby's Dream Course (cart)
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (cart)
    Mega Man X (MMX Collection)
    Secret of Mana (cart)
    Star Fox (cart)
    Star Fox 2
    Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting (Capcom Classics)
    Super Castlevania IV (VC)
    Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts (Capcom Classics)
    Super Mario Kart (cart)
    Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (VC)
    Super Mario World (cart)
    Super Metroid (VC)
    Super Punch-Out!! (VC)
    Yoshi's Island (cart)

The bold games are the only ones I don't have if any form, I would have to pay 100€ to play Starfox 2 and Contra III basically, no thank you. I'd rather buy an original Contra III/SuperProbotector copy, that would be cheaper.

• Going back through this post, I'm kind of surprised at the overwhelming negative response. These 21 games are uniformly great, some of them among the greatest of all time. If you already have working carts of all these games, then this isn't geared towards you. It's an amazing pickup for people like me who essentially missed the boat on the SNES back when it came out, either due to age, parental restrictions, or console alliances.

• @naltmank I think part of it is due to the fact we already knew it was coming, and the list of games is pretty much exactly what could be expected (except for Star Fox 2). So obviously people are going to focus on what's missing or any other issues.

I know I sounded negative about it too, but only because I already own most of these games so indeed it's not geared towards me.

It is an amazing product though, and everyone who's going to buy it and play those games is going to love it, no doubt about that.

• @naltmank said in Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System:

Going back through this post, I'm kind of surprised at the overwhelming negative response. These 21 games are uniformly great, some of them among the greatest of all time. If you already have working carts of all these games, then this isn't geared towards you. It's an amazing pickup for people like me who essentially missed the boat on the SNES back when it came out, either due to age, parental restrictions, or console alliances.

I've got the original carts for everything there bar Punch Out and Star Fox 2. I'm still snapping it up though, it's a great little collectors piece.

• @Sheria said in Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System:

@naltmank said in Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System:

Going back through this post, I'm kind of surprised at the overwhelming negative response. These 21 games are uniformly great, some of them among the greatest of all time. If you already have working carts of all these games, then this isn't geared towards you. It's an amazing pickup for people like me who essentially missed the boat on the SNES back when it came out, either due to age, parental restrictions, or console alliances.

I've got the original carts for everything there bar Punch Out and Star Fox 2. I'm still snapping it up though, it's a great little collectors piece.

Same here, everything in the SNES Classic I own except Star Fox 2. With boxes and instructions. But I still want it.

• This interests me more than the NES Classic since I never had the original system, went from the NES to a Genesis.
    I do though mostly want this for Kirby's Dream Course and Super Mario World. The BF is super excited for the Star Fox games too.