Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System

• Honestly Nintendo can put Super Metroid on anything and I'll buy it but Star Fox 2 is the real kicker here. I was a Snes kid growing up and it's probably my favorite console so it's amazing to think even in 2017 I can be playing a previously unreleased game for the snes platform. Practically a new game for an 20+ year old console.

• Contra III: The Alien Wars
    Donkey Kong Country (cart)
    EarthBound (VC)
    Final Fantasy III (GBA cart)
    F-ZERO (cart)
    Kirby Super Star (cart)
    Kirby's Dream Course (cart)
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (cart)
    Mega Man X (MMX Collection)
    Secret of Mana (cart)
    Star Fox (cart)
    Star Fox 2
    Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting (Capcom Classics)
    Super Castlevania IV (VC)
    Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts (Capcom Classics)
    Super Mario Kart (cart)
    Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (VC)
    Super Mario World (cart)
    Super Metroid (VC)
    Super Punch-Out!! (VC)
    Yoshi's Island (cart)

The bold games are the only ones I don't have if any form, I would have to pay 100€ to play Starfox 2 and Contra III basically, no thank you. I'd rather buy an original Contra III/SuperProbotector copy, that would be cheaper.

• Going back through this post, I'm kind of surprised at the overwhelming negative response. These 21 games are uniformly great, some of them among the greatest of all time. If you already have working carts of all these games, then this isn't geared towards you. It's an amazing pickup for people like me who essentially missed the boat on the SNES back when it came out, either due to age, parental restrictions, or console alliances.

• @naltmank I think part of it is due to the fact we already knew it was coming, and the list of games is pretty much exactly what could be expected (except for Star Fox 2). So obviously people are going to focus on what's missing or any other issues.

I know I sounded negative about it too, but only because I already own most of these games so indeed it's not geared towards me.

It is an amazing product though, and everyone who's going to buy it and play those games is going to love it, no doubt about that.

• @naltmank said in Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System:

Going back through this post, I'm kind of surprised at the overwhelming negative response. These 21 games are uniformly great, some of them among the greatest of all time. If you already have working carts of all these games, then this isn't geared towards you. It's an amazing pickup for people like me who essentially missed the boat on the SNES back when it came out, either due to age, parental restrictions, or console alliances.

I've got the original carts for everything there bar Punch Out and Star Fox 2. I'm still snapping it up though, it's a great little collectors piece.

• @Sheria said in Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System:

@naltmank said in Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System:

Going back through this post, I'm kind of surprised at the overwhelming negative response. These 21 games are uniformly great, some of them among the greatest of all time. If you already have working carts of all these games, then this isn't geared towards you. It's an amazing pickup for people like me who essentially missed the boat on the SNES back when it came out, either due to age, parental restrictions, or console alliances.

I've got the original carts for everything there bar Punch Out and Star Fox 2. I'm still snapping it up though, it's a great little collectors piece.

Same here, everything in the SNES Classic I own except Star Fox 2. With boxes and instructions. But I still want it.

• This interests me more than the NES Classic since I never had the original system, went from the NES to a Genesis.
    I do though mostly want this for Kirby's Dream Course and Super Mario World. The BF is super excited for the Star Fox games too.

• Legit list of games, but the price tag is too high for what is essentially an emulator in a snes-shaped plastic box. My nostalgia for some of these games is pretty strong, Megaman X and Donkey Kong Country were the first games me and my brother ever got, however, it's not $80 strong.

• I personally think, just with the game's alone, the price is worth is considering what you get. Heck, I even find those at £5 a pop is a bargain. I guess if people have gotten used to downloading roms for nothing for years, then it might change ones perception of their value.

• I can't believe I managed to preorder one! I missed the boat with the NES and was determined to get the SNES mini. This was announced and sold out before I even knew about it!

Got the email from Nintendo Store UK and managed to get one 9 minutes later! So lucky.

Like others have said, yes you can get an emulator, but it's nice to have it as a novelty item and if Sony did one of these for the PS1 I would snap it up just as quickly.

Question now is, what console will they stop at? N64?? Gamecube??

• @Pitcher-T My vita is a (somewhat pricey) PS1 mini :D

• How much do you think the N64 mini will be and what games would you want for it? I kinda think it could easily be $100 but as someone that didn't have an N64 growing up I have a hard time thinking of what my dream list of games would be, Mario/Zelda/Kart/DK come to mind, then outside of that I'd love if they had Road Rage 64 but what else?

• got my preorder in at gamestop. order 2 so I have one that will be sealed and one to play with

• Banned

@TheMarcV Goldeneye 007, but Activision and Microsoft won't let it happen.

• @TheMarcV said in Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System:

How much do you think the N64 mini will be and what games would you want for it? I kinda think it could easily be $100 but as someone that didn't have an N64 growing up I have a hard time thinking of what my dream list of games would be, Mario/Zelda/Kart/DK come to mind, then outside of that I'd love if they had Road Rage 64 but what else?

Unfortunately I feel an N64 collection would always be a let down simply because of all the games by Rare.

• EB Games Australia had them up for pre order the day after the SNES mini came out and was sold out online by the end of the day.

pre orders were down the day after. then the online store put them back up for pre order again the next day. and now pre orders aren't avaliable again with them.

i think EB Australia is still trying to work out just how many units they might be able to get allocated to them so they can satisfy the pre orders.

• Already own most of those games on WiiU VC.
    Not going to bend over backwards getting one because of Nintendo's artificial shortage BS though.
    Starfox 2 is neat. Hope they release it on Switch too. Holding it hostage on an overpriced Raspberry Pi would be some fuccboi shit.

• @El-Shmiablo i like how because you don't want to buy something because IYO it's overpriced, that somehow means Nintendo is holding Starfox 2 "hostage".

they're not holding it hostage. they've given you a perfectly reasonable way to buy said item. you just don't want to buy it.

• One legit question I have: I've seen this rhetoric around the web that nintendo cuts supply to artificially create demand. Do they actually have a history of doing this or something? It doesn't make sense to me, both as a general business practice and as a thing Nintendo would want to do (more sales = more money, right?), but I'd understand where people are coming from if there's some sort of documentation that they've actually done this.

• @naltmank I always write from my own perspective, of course it's great for people who can't play them otherwise, that doesn't change my opinion on it though.

Even though I'm not the biggest fan of the original Starfox (love 64 and 3D though) I do hope a VC release will eventually come to the Switch, it would be an absolute waste to release it in such limited quantities.

And really, fuck Nintendo's pricing, they are like the only ones who don't just replace $ with €, like Switch in the US = 300, in europe it's 330, PS4 is same in both areas, XB1 is, even Wii U was the same in both too when it was released, and € is already more than $. Surprised they only do that with Hardware, so far.

Also the japanese version has Goemon...