Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System

• @Art That means Euro, it's the currency of most countries that are part of the EU. Currently 1€ = $1,13582

• Banned

@Musou-Tensei There will only be one currency under the new world order.

• @naltmank Nah there's absolutely no documentation about Nintendo doing that on purpose, it's just a theory that internet armchair analysts like to throw around.

There are plenty of factors that explain the scarcity, Nintendo being conservative to avoid being left with tons of unsold consoles, actual production being dependent on factory capacity/component availability, etc.

• @Axel okay, that's what I figured. I do think NIntendo tends to vastly underestimate how many units they need to produce, but that's more due to poor estimates than some oddly misinformed business practices. Also, when I hear that theory, I just think of that storyline from Parks and Rec where Tom starts (and promptly bankrupts) his own club.

• Banned

@Yoshi I don't want to buy it because I've already paid for most of these games on my WiiU and don't care much for paying Nintendo TWICE to play roms they downloaded off of the internet and slapped on a Raspberry Pi in a SNES case.

And yes, making a never released game exclusive to an overpriced and limited run console is very hostage holdy.

• I'd love to see Star Fox 2 remain exclusive to this device, so much more interesting than just slapping up a download on a digital store.

• @El-Shmiablo said in Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System:

overpriced

Aren't the SNES games around $8 on the store? As far as I can tell, you would only get ten games off the VC for the price of this thing.

• @El-Shmiablo said in Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System:

Holding it hostage on an overpriced Raspberry Pi

It's not overpriced. You're just actually paying for the games rather than illegally pirating them on your Raspberry Pi. Yes, legally buying game licenses costs more than stealing games.

• My pre-order is in the bag baby! Just went up to my belgian version of a Gamestop (GameMania) on the 1st day of pre orders last saturday and secured one. I hate online preorders, just to much insecurity and stress.
    It's gonna sit so nice next to my NES mini :D
    The NES and SNES (and maybe the PS1) are literally the only retro consoles I have nostalgic feelings towards, so I really love it that they made these, it's just so much cooler than playing them on virtual console.

• So I called GAME to confirm my pickup in the morning, but it turns out they are also doing a midnight launch for this thing. I'm in. It's been quite a while since I've done a midnight launch, and what better way to do one than with the kind of console and games I would have done so for.

• I was able to pre order one off Amazon Germany yesterday and it has the delivery down as end of October/start of November.

Perfectly fine with me as it'll be a Christmas present to my niece and nephew.

• 3 Hours to go! I already see a small queue infront of GAME lol

• Some are here in hope of a non-preorder mini. Others are here for Fifa 18.

I'm going to ask if they'll let go of Blue Reflection and Danganronpa while I'm in there. Fingers crossed.

• I'm sadly going to have to try my luck next week when I get paid again.

• Lines have been formed since yesterday at a few local gamestops and best buy, glad mine is preordered... I'll be in and out.

• Sounds like it isn't too bad to pick up here in Ireland. A good few people seem to have picked one up from walking into a good few smyths.

Pretty crap though when you hear them mentioning other people leaving with 4-5 of them! Bad form.

Surprised to see my SNES has been dispatched from Amazon Germany already.

• @tokeeffe9 said in Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System:

Sounds like it isn't too bad to pick up here in Ireland. A good few people seem to have picked one up from walking into a good few smyths.

Pretty crap though when you hear them mentioning other people leaving with 4-5 of them! Bad form.

Surprised to see my SNES has been dispatched from Amazon Germany already.

Surprising indeed, stores around here have had a pretty strict one per customer policy. But...I've seen how scalpers here operate they send out multiple family members across the city and call each other when they find one, standard procedure all the time, same with amiibo.

Got my system today though, 2nd person in line for the people who paid in advance. Happily playing DKC with my wife lol.

• @DMCMaster i'll sell you mine if you like.

with a slight markup in price of course... :P

• It was really nice night out. It was also nice to see most there were actually keen for the system themselves and not people looking to resell. I got my two games I wanted as well which was nice.

alt text