What are the games you are most hype for currently?

• Hello,

So E3 is over. some new games got announced and some new games missed. here we talk about games that we gamers are hyping.

heres 2 games Im most Hyping currently are

System Shock

alt text

Remake or Reboot or whatever they call. its going to be absolutely incredible. when games like Prey which try to be like system shock end up great and better than bioshock. why cant actual system shock which is 10 times more deep and more complex? this is a proper remake, not remastered like other developers do. as System shock 2 is one of the best game ever. System shock 3 is not coming anytime soon. I predict it will be release after 2020. this new System shock remake of original game is what we are getting next year. and I think it going to be as good as system shock 2.

Metro Exodus

alt text

Metro Exodus is the Metro game that i have been dreaming since 2010 and since Stalker 2 got cancelled. its non linear, atmospheric, graphics king, Excellent Story and characters. what else we need? all they need to do is polish more gunplay which lack in original games and it will become one of the greatest game of all time. first 2 metro games has weak gunplay but atmosphere is so great that it overshadow its gameplay. now they have time to polish there gunplay mechanics and AI. 4A games are best FPS developers since Valve. and they keep impressing us over and over again.

I think these 2 games are the games that i cant wait to get my hands on and they have chance to become one of the GOAT. very few games of today reach this status but when they reach. they surpass even old games too.

so what games you are hyping currently? discuss

• Odyssey and the faint specter of The Champions' Ballad and Metroid Prime 4 will be nice appetizers, but honestly Nintendo hasn't made games that I can love without reservations since like the first half of the Wii.

alt text

Monster Hunter: World is everything I wanted from that series except underwater combat. They're totally overhauling animations so the combat will feel new again, but more than that they're doubling down on the naturalism and ecosystems that the series excels at. I loved having portable games, but the last time the series made strides in those regards was in Tri (Wii, 2010) with underwater monsters and realistically dark caves.

Of the three boss monsters shown so far Rathalos is the only returning one, but he and Rathian are in every game and they look greatly revamped here. That's a good sign because fourth generation (World is fifth) focused so much on including old monsters from MH 1 and Dos and their versions that just weren't up to the standard of the new monsters with their hitboxes, attack animations, etc.

Anyway, I just want to stress how rare it is for a game to focus on an almost completely natural setting like Monster Hunter. And now the series is getting complex environments to match its methodical and extremely satisfying combat, in addition to all these neat AI, animation, and item changes. discuss

• Monster Hunter World. A few friends and I have been waiting YEARS for Capcom to wise up and bring MonHun to modern consoles. Hyped AF.

SotC remake. My best friend and I once completed SotC in a single sitting. Stayed up all night to do it. Such fond memories. Can't wait to do it again with GRAPHICS.

Wolfenstien The New Colossus. ID is on a freakin roll with these franchise revivals. TNO was amazing and I can't wait to dual wield some full auto shotguns as BJ once again.

Anything VR that is more than just an "experience". I am still of the mind that proper VR is the fucking future, and seeing big games like Fallout, Skyrim and Doom supported was great. Hope to see more full fat games supporting it.

• Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch)
    .hack//G.U. Last Recode (PS4)
    The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III (PS4)
    Air Combat 7 (PS4)
    Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online (PS4)
    Metroid: The Return of Samus (3DS)
    Yakuza Kiwami (PS4)

• White Day: A Labyrinth Named School
    Chaos;Child
    Accel World VS Sword Art Online
    Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online
    Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2
    Super Lucky’s Tale
    Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
    The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III
    Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga + Bowser's Minions
    Hey! Pikmin
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Mary Skelter: Nightmares

• I'd put Metro on my list as well.

I'm pretty excited for Monster Hunter World, God of War, Kingdom Come and Bannerlord also

Edit: Forgot Ni No Kuni 2!

• 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
    Blue Reflection
    Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory
    Trails of Cold Steel 3
    Granblue Fantasy: Project Re:Link
    Nights of Azure 2
    Tokyo Xanadu eX+
    Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA

Granblue Fantasy: Project Re:Link is one I'm especially hopeful for, Platinum taking on a much bigger RPG world than Nier

• Sonic Mania

• I have five categories of hype in all games I'm interested in and each will be listed from absolute bottom to my most anticipated:

Lowest (These are games that, conceptually, I'm intrigued about, but I need A LOT more details before ultimately deciding on whether to get them):

Beyond Good & Evil 2
    Destiny 2
    Dissidia NT: Final Fantasy

Low (Games where I could still drop them from interest, but my curiosity outweighs my concern):

Death Stranding
    CyberPunk 2077

Medium (Games I'm looking to get, but I have other priorities):

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
    Star Wars: Battlefront II
    Anthem
    Dishonored: Death of the Outsider

High (Games that I WILL get, but only if my most desired are not available)

God of War (PS4)
    Days Gone
    Horizon: Zero Dawn - The Frozen Wilds
    Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
    Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Highest (Games that are guaranteed Day One buys)

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
    The Last of Us Part II
    Kingdom Hearts III
    Final Fantasy VII: Remake

• @Musou-of-Akkad said in What are the games you are most hype for currently?:

Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch)
    .hack//G.U. Last Recode (PS4)
    The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III (PS4)
    Air Combat 7 (PS4)
    Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online (PS4)
    Metroid: The Return of Samus (3DS)
    Yakuza Kiwami (PS4)

It was just announced for a westren release and I wanted it since japan release
    School Girl Zombie Hunter (PS4)

What also came to mind:
    Mary Skelter: Nightmares (Vita)

• @El-Shmiablo said in What are the games you are most hype for currently?:
    night to do it. Such fond memories. Can't wait to do it again with GRAPHICS.

Wolfenstien The New Colossus. ID is on a freakin roll with these franchise revivals. TNO was amazing and I can't wait to dual wield some full auto shotguns as BJ once again.

this is not Id software game. its machine games game. and i wish id software are developers because new order suck imo and this one doesnot looks better.

• Ni no kuni 2
    Evil Within 2
    .hack//G.U. Last Recode
    Dissidia NT Final Fantasy
    God Of War
    Uncharted Lost Legacy
    The Last of Us part II
    Kingdom Hearts III
    Shadow of the Colossus Remake
    SMT (if its exclusive for switch then i have to buy the console)

• coming soon

13 Sentinels Aegis Rim (I hope)
    Danganronpa 3
    Mario Odyssey
    Cyberpunk 2077 (again hopefully)

on the long run

Beyond Good & Evil 2
    SMT for Switch

but the thing I'm the most looking forward to, even it it is at least 2 years down the line is

Project Re:Fantasy - I don't care what it is, if Katsura Hashino is directing it I'll buy whatever special edition they decide to make of it

and somehow I forgot that Psychonauts 2 is a thing, I'm so ready for that.

• Banned

PS4:

• Final Fantasy VII Remake
    • God of War IV
    • Kingdom Hearts III
    • Spiderman

PC:

• Sonic Mania
    • Sonic Forces
    • South Park: The Fractured But Whole
    • Ys VIII

Might also check out the Horizon DLC and I'll just watch Uncharted/TLoU2 on Youtube since it's more entertaining to watch them anyway. Aside from that nothing really stands out as "MUST HAVE!!". Of course, I'm picky as fuck.

• @Black-Cell I know who developed it, but it is an Id property and I really don't understand why you think the game is bad. The gameplay is terrific and the story is one of the better told in recent gaming memory.

• @El-Shmiablo

for a game called old school. its gameplay is too COD like. slow, iron sight, cutscene interupt every time. follow linear sequence etc.

• Global Moderator

Mod Note - Let's try and avoid turning this into a list topic. It's just a bit more difficult to have a meaningful conversation when you see a list over a passionate post regarding a specific game or a few games.

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• @Black-Cell said in What are the games you are most hype for currently?:

@El-Shmiablo

for a game called old school. its gameplay is too COD like. slow, iron sight, cutscene interupt every time. follow linear sequence etc.

alt text

Listen. I know you are this contrarian PC diehard, but you are being ridiculous right now.
    Is it slow, or like CoD? If you are implying CoD is slow, you may have brain problems. With that said, Wolfenstien has never been as fast or as open ended as Doom, and the new games aren't trying to be Doom.

And of course the game has curscenes. It has a story to tell, and a pretty great one at that.

Also, are we being willfully ignorant of all the unskippable cutscenes in Doom?

• @El-Shmiablo its story is terrible. yet it has forced cutscenes that constantly interrupt while playing.

Youtube Video

watch this video. you will see the problems in this game.