What are the games you are most hype for currently?

• @suplextrain said in What are the games you are most hype for currently?:

Why do you need someone else to make a case for you? Are you simply parroting the video or something? Don't you have your own views and ideas? This is a forum, use words to make your case.

If someone has already articulated how you feel about something, I see no issue with posting a video to assist. I for one enjoyed the video and I think a forum is also a place for sharing such media.

• @Black-Cell that video is pretty unwatchable for me, got cliffnotes?

• Mario Odyssey, Yakuza 6. Nothing more to be said.

• @Sheria said in What are the games you are most hype for currently?:

If someone has already articulated how you feel about something, I see no issue with posting a video to assist. I for one enjoyed the video and I think a forum is also a place for sharing such media.

Asking people to watch a video because the poster can't create their own arguments on a forum comes off as lazy to me. If someone can't be bothered to articulate or argue their points, why should I bother to watch some random video they posted?
    If someone says X, I ask why and then get a response where someone tells me to watch some +10min video without even making the effort to specify what parts of the video to watch then why should I bother to waste more time on this poster? He obviously didnt come here to discuss, only to project his or someone else's idea he's parroting.

Discussion should be embraced, that's how we grow as people. That's how I feel about it at least.

• @suplextrain I pretty much agree, but if someone said pretty much the stuff I wanted on a video, I would say the few outlines that are said in the video as well, just to "proof" that I'm not the only one saying that, and link the video.

• Ni No Kuni 2
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Danganronpa 3
    Mother 4 (whatever the new title is)
    Ooblets
    A Hat In Time
    Indivisible

• Yakuza Kiwami/6 Western release
    Love this franchise, and also eagerly awaiting what will be announced at TGS for the next Entry (From what I understand a remake of 2 in the Dragon Engine, and a collection of 3-5 on PS4 are next)

Mario Odyssey
    Its a true genuine sequel to Mario 64/Sunshine

Metro Exodus
    Loved the first 2, and while that trailer was pretty damn bullshotty, I hope the game can deliver on its open world

Agents of Mayhem
    May as well call it Saints Row 5, but it looks fun and entertaining so far.

Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle
    Just kinda curious to see how the final product turns out, but I also kinda like the idea of a more entry level X-Com style game being a thing.

Beyond Good & Evil 2
    After what feels like years of waiting, its finally happening, and I want to believe that Ancel and his team can deliver on that demo video they released the other week, but after taking some time to process it I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about it, I just need a more concrete idea of what the gameplay will be like, along with a slightly better idea what will be happening in the story.

Assassins Creed Orgins
    While I do kinda hate to admit this the AC series is kinda like my junk food game, I already have an idea of the quality ill be walking into before hand, Although Origins looks to be doing a few new things, so it will be interesting to see how the final product turns out, Also what the hell is with the giant snake in the trailer?

Ni No Kuni 2
    While I never got to finish the first game, due to seemingly every time i'd go to play it someone in my family would die a few days later (I know its just a coincidence, but still kinda hard to play something when grieving) But I hope the same thing wont happen again this time, and the more "Tales-esq" combat does look entertaining.

Dynasty Warriors All-Stars
    Like AC its my junk food game, unlike AC the Dynasty Warriors series is something I never tried till Hyrule Warriors happened, and since then ive been picking up the games in the series that interest me

Marvel vs Capcom Infinte
    Its MvC, and it has Megaman X in it. Thats all I need to know

The Evil Within 2
    If this can sand out the few rough spots that the first game suffered from (mostly in pacing) I think we will have something close to matching or possibly beating RE4

Wolfenstien 2
    Loved the first game and its Inglorious Bastards style tone, although I'm hope that they change some of the small announces that I had with the first game, namely having to mash interact to pick up health/armor/ammo, although seeing that B.J is wearing that Armor I assume there will probably be some health regen system in place (although I could be wrong)

Fire Emblem Warriors
    Again junk food game, but im also curious to see how much of Fire Emblem translates to Warriors style game

Metroid: Samus's Return
    Probably going to be the last 3DS game I purchase, and I cant help but wonder why is there no HD Switch version releasing along side it, but damn its been too long since we had a proper 2D Metroid, so that alone has my attention

• @Sheria That might work if anything had been articulated in the video besides "I'm a hardcore PC gamer and this game sucks because I am a hardcore PC gamer. Also look how wacky I am!".

Back on topic, I totally forgot how excited I am for Hidden Agenda, the new game by Supermassive, the dudes who made Until Dawn. Basically the same type of game, but now you can play with others who can influence the game by voting using the Playlink app and giving the PC secret objectives to complete.

• @DMCMaster said in What are the games you are most hype for currently?:

Yakuza Kiwami/6 Western release
    Love this franchise, and also eagerly awaiting what will be announced at TGS for the next Entry (From what I understand a remake of 2 in the Dragon Engine, and a collection of 3-5 on PS4 are next)

That would be fantastic.

• Xenoblade Chronicles 2
    Xenoblade X is my personal game of the Wii U/Ps4/Xbox1 Generation and somewhat underrated imo and the Original is one of the best Jrpgs ever so I have high hopes for this, it looks stunning although I really wish I could play it in Japanese.

Splatoon 2
    I loved the first one ever so much and this looks more of the same with the added bonus of that I can totally take that outside in the garden with a Cider and have some good clean fun... sorta

Super Mario Odyssey
    Not a bad opening year for my Switch and probably another GOTY contender, looks hella fun and could overtake Sunshine as my fave 3d Mario!

Monster Hunter World
    On PC... yes please.

God Of War
    I've never actually played any of the other games but I have to admit this one looks really good, maybe worth picking up a PS4.. for.

• Just going to copy and paste from my man @Brannox:
    The Last of Us Part II
    Kingdom Hearts III
    Final Fantasy VII: Remake

It's a shame all three of these are probably pretty far out.

• @Tragosaurus 2020 good sir. 2020.

• Persona 6

I don't care if it isn't officially announced, we all know it's coming. With a new director and composer at the helm, I think the series can take a bold new direction. I'd sell my organs if it helped it come out faster... although I'm not entirely sure how that would help.

• @SabotageTheTruth I'm really curious about the future of Persona, I trust Atlus doing good on it, but it's hard too think what's on the future for it without Hashino, and how they are gonna follow up theme wise after 5, because there's no way they can back to just regular high schoolers after having the Phantom Thieves.

• @bard91 I want them to look in the direction of Persona 2 - no high school students. Imagine being able to pick a real job, not be influenced by parental figures telling you when to sleep. Balancing a job/saving the world seems way more stressful than just getting good grades, since it could affect your living conditions, which in turn could affect how you fight. I'm not worried about a new director as the series needs a bit of a shake-up... although I'm super bummed about Meguro not returning.

• @SabotageTheTruth

Last night I beat P4:G which is my first Persona game ever, and I have to say what I find the most endearing about the game is how lovable and innocent the kids are. You see a bit of yourself in all of them despite how old you are (I'm only 22). I'm sure I can also relate to some guy on the 9-5 grind and there is probably a very compelling story there, but at this point in my life I kinda miss being a kid and that is kinda the glow that Persona 4 gave to me.

I haven't played P5 yet and I don't know when I will, so maybe I'm putting my foot in my mouth, but I really like the happy colours, the happy music, and the all round charm in that game. It is my understanding that P5 is in fact darker, but personally, I may not want a game reflecting my current adulthood when P6 cames around. There is already Catherine in that regard. But as I'm typing that, I suppose a coupling of Catherine's story and Persona's gameplay can be something unique.

Who knows, maybe you're right.

Here's to Persona 6 hype!

• @GoTaco Yeah, 4 certainly is the most happy out of the series, despite it involving gruesome killings. The series has explored high school life in every single entry basically (1, 2: Innocent Sin, 3, 4, and 5) while being an adult was only really looked at in 2: Eternal Punishment. Since there's a lot of changes going on with the development team, I'd really like the setting to truly vary for once. There's so much media that already handles high school struggles and Persona has been down that road several times, so I'm worried things will eventually start to feel stale if we play another group of teenagers that is united by a mysterious power.

Edit: Hijacked another thread with Persona talk. Feels good.

• @SabotageTheTruth

You're probably right. I just isn't stale to me because of how much I enjoyed P4:G and how it's the only one I've played.

But new directions are always good so long they don't bastardize the formula. Too many games I've loved over the years and have been hyped on sequels for, were totally off the mark when teams or directors changed (SOCOM on PS3, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5).

• @SabotageTheTruth They could start with characters who just graduated from High School (or College), and go from there. That could be interesting...

• I think there is a lot of stuff I'm pretty hyped for. I might throw out a few more later.

Ashen was shown at E3 2016. It was one of the few games that I thought looked pretty interesting in the Xbox conference. It just had a cool clay like artstyle and tone.

Then we get the 2017 trailer which gives us a better idea of the game and it sounds great. Apply your typical souls comparison here however what I really like is how passive the online sounds in the game. It seems like you'll need other players to enter places and these players will passively join your game.

Youtube Video

I just hope it's not too far off. That is the one concern, that we've only seen trailers at E3. It appears to be a launch exclusive on Xbox.