What are the games you are most hype for currently?

• @bard91 I want them to look in the direction of Persona 2 - no high school students. Imagine being able to pick a real job, not be influenced by parental figures telling you when to sleep. Balancing a job/saving the world seems way more stressful than just getting good grades, since it could affect your living conditions, which in turn could affect how you fight. I'm not worried about a new director as the series needs a bit of a shake-up... although I'm super bummed about Meguro not returning.

• @SabotageTheTruth

Last night I beat P4:G which is my first Persona game ever, and I have to say what I find the most endearing about the game is how lovable and innocent the kids are. You see a bit of yourself in all of them despite how old you are (I'm only 22). I'm sure I can also relate to some guy on the 9-5 grind and there is probably a very compelling story there, but at this point in my life I kinda miss being a kid and that is kinda the glow that Persona 4 gave to me.

I haven't played P5 yet and I don't know when I will, so maybe I'm putting my foot in my mouth, but I really like the happy colours, the happy music, and the all round charm in that game. It is my understanding that P5 is in fact darker, but personally, I may not want a game reflecting my current adulthood when P6 cames around. There is already Catherine in that regard. But as I'm typing that, I suppose a coupling of Catherine's story and Persona's gameplay can be something unique.

Who knows, maybe you're right.

Here's to Persona 6 hype!

• @GoTaco Yeah, 4 certainly is the most happy out of the series, despite it involving gruesome killings. The series has explored high school life in every single entry basically (1, 2: Innocent Sin, 3, 4, and 5) while being an adult was only really looked at in 2: Eternal Punishment. Since there's a lot of changes going on with the development team, I'd really like the setting to truly vary for once. There's so much media that already handles high school struggles and Persona has been down that road several times, so I'm worried things will eventually start to feel stale if we play another group of teenagers that is united by a mysterious power.

Edit: Hijacked another thread with Persona talk. Feels good.

• @SabotageTheTruth

You're probably right. I just isn't stale to me because of how much I enjoyed P4:G and how it's the only one I've played.

But new directions are always good so long they don't bastardize the formula. Too many games I've loved over the years and have been hyped on sequels for, were totally off the mark when teams or directors changed (SOCOM on PS3, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5).

• @SabotageTheTruth They could start with characters who just graduated from High School (or College), and go from there. That could be interesting...

• I think there is a lot of stuff I'm pretty hyped for. I might throw out a few more later.

Ashen was shown at E3 2016. It was one of the few games that I thought looked pretty interesting in the Xbox conference. It just had a cool clay like artstyle and tone.

Then we get the 2017 trailer which gives us a better idea of the game and it sounds great. Apply your typical souls comparison here however what I really like is how passive the online sounds in the game. It seems like you'll need other players to enter places and these players will passively join your game.

Youtube Video

I just hope it's not too far off. That is the one concern, that we've only seen trailers at E3. It appears to be a launch exclusive on Xbox.

• @SabotageTheTruth As far as I know nothibg has been said about Meguro, he is working on Project Re: Fantasy, but P6 hasn't begun development, so I'd imagine that him and Soejima will still be involved.

I don't necessarilly think things are getting stale with the setting, or that the series needs a big shake up tbh, but I do agree that if a different serting would permit for more librrty exploring other areas that would be fine, I just have no idea how they'll follow up on the thieves setting, but hey that came out od nowhere as well.

I'm interested in seeing how much they are willing/allowed from straying fron the current formula, with Atlus not being afraid to try thibgs, but with the series becoming the most succesful for Sega/Atlus in recent years, I'm possitive that alienating fans will be on their minds

• After E3 The Evil Within 2 ,watched the trailer 20+ time's and the song is stuck in my head, I'm planning on playing the DLC of the first game in September to get caught up.

• So this one is legitimately coming out later on this month.

Youtube Video

Supergiant did some great work with Bastion and some absolutely stellar work with Transistor, so I'm really curious to see how this turns out. Conceptually, I'm not super into mystic sports ball thing, I can tell there's definitely more under the surface of this one. Plus, Darren Korb is returning for the score and I'd easily rank the Transistor soundtrack among the best gaming has ever offered.

• @SabotageTheTruth Oh yes! This had slipped my mind. Loved their previous games and definitely intrigued by pyre.

• @tokeeffe9 July 25th!

• I enjoyed the demo I played, kind of gave me an Oregon Trail meets NBA Jam vibe. Which is a weird vibe, but there is a story there and the gameplay is crisp and mechanically, I think it could be deeper than the surface level stuff I played. I'm in day 1

• @TokyoSlim said in What are the games you are most hype for currently?:

Oregon Trail meets NBA Jam vibe

Strangest description for the vibe of a game I've ever seen.

• Been a Spider-Man fan my entire life and I've been waiting for a big budget Spider-Man game from a fantastic developer since Spider-Man 2 showed me what was possible. So...

alt text
    alt text

• This is a 'surface' answer, I know, but my god am I hyped for Super Mario Odyssey

It's funny because, I mean, there's really no shortage of Mario games - and no shortage of good Mario games. 3D Land and World were fantastic, I really liked what NSMB:WiiU did, Mario Maker is a revolution, etc. etc.

and yet I'm hyped for Odyssey as if it's a franchise that hasn't had a release in decades. There's a lot of gaming memories I've forgotten over the years, but I can tell you almost every single detail about the very first time I played 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy 1. These were legit 'magical' games to me.

The fact that they are making another one in that style despite all 'evidence' suggesting they were gone forever is just...man. Man. I cannot wait.

• I totally forgot about YIIK: A Postmodern RPG! I'm very excited. Played it for the first time at Camp Fangamer and was super interested. I've been following development ever since.

• Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - I love the series, and Chloe is my favorite character. I was super bummed when she didn't even have a cameo in Uncharted 4, and was even more bummed when it was highly rumored that the DLC was going to be Sam/Sully focused. Imagine my giddiness when it was announced that Chloe was the star, and doubly so when it was announced that this is more in line with a full-fledged entry in the series as opposed to a little side DLC.