LawBreakers (PC/PS4)

• Played the Beta for a few days on steam. I have to say that I'm pretty impressed by this game. Boss Key did a great job putting something a little different in the genre together like this. There's definitely a lot of influence from overwatch but the game has a unique feeling and plays so well. I love the flow of combat even though I'm not great with some of the characters. This is one of those games that I think should be successful but might not be as much as I would like to see. Anyways, I created this thread to have a discussion about the game since I didn't see one and maybe get some more ppl interested in it.

Has anyone else played it? What's your thoughts?

• Ppl must really not want to play this game lol. Anyways there's another open beta this weekend for Steam and PS4. Thought I would update.

• Had cliffy been a little more professional in presenting this game, I might've given it a shot. But his gearbox "Hah I'm better than those other games I'm copying because I'm edgey" shtick rubbed me the wrong way.

I'm hearing the game performs rather poorly on PS4 too.

• @ZyloWolfBane I havnt kept up to date on him, but I can understand it ruining the game for you. Yeah I played on PC with a gtx 660 Ti and thought it was fun. Just played on PS4 today and thought it was horrible. The controls, gameplay and the graphics all felt pretty bad. Definitely better for PC.

• Sadly, I missed the open beta.. I had some hopes for this game but I need to try it first to make my mind.
    Regarding the controls...do you usually play fast-pace games on ps4?

• @Cid27 I've played call of duty, Rainbow six siege and destiny on PS4. But more recently Ive played overwatch on PC.

I initially played LawBreakers on PC and found it a little difficult at first. But I quickly started to like the fluid movement which I felt was lacking on PS4. I honestly didn't get a chance to play to much on PS4 but my initial reaction to it was underwhelming then I got busy and didn't get a chance to play more. But I noticed that they give you a ton of customization for the controls on PS4 that I havnt seen in other games. So maybe some playing around with that could change a lot. So keep in mind it was a quick judgment on my part.

I hope they allow ppl to play a demo or something after it's released because I truly enjoyed it on PC. Jumping wall to wall and flying through the air shooting or slicing was a blast.

• Since next to no one is playing this game at launch, let's make the discussion about why you all don't want to play lol.

It's reviewed well, ppl like it, but no one is playing. What's going on?

Not that I'm particularly a hardcore fan of the game, i myself still havnt bought it but that's because of multiple games competing for my time and money, and I truly have little time. I do however think it's a bit sad it's failing pretty hard even though it's been received positively.

• @CGamor7 said in LawBreakers (PC/PS4):

Since next to no one is playing this game at launch, let's make the discussion about why you all don't want to play lol.

Unappealing and bland designs for the characters.
    Visually generic style.
    Uninteresting world.
    The "I'm badass as fuck" approach they're going for never works and is generally just unappealing. It feels tryhard and forced.
    Bland weaponry (generic guns we've all seen before).

Basically the game doesn't feel like it has an identity. uninspired. It doesn't feel like it's doing anything new or special while having pretty weak marketing. I mean what's the hook? Why should I play Lawbreakers? Why should I play this over say Titanfall 2?
    in this day and age it's important to stand out.

• @CGamor7 I honestly just don't have time in my life for it. I can fit in one multiplayer shooter (Overwatch) but unless a bunch of friends of mine randomly start playing Lawbreakers, I've no real reason to try it out. Still hope it does well though, competition is always needed in this industry.

• Same, I'm not into competitive shooters at all and there's dozens of more appealing games I'd rather play, this game was never on my radar for even a second, sadly.

• I pretty much summed up my lack of appeal for it before, but to add onto it I simply just don't care about "Hero Shooters".

It wasn't all that interesting to me before Overwatch was a thing, and Overwatch existing and being shoved in my face more than I ever cared to see it for the 3-4 months people wouldn't shut up about it for soured that ideal even more.

It's another "Hero shooter" that's only sense of "Progression" is still revolved around lootboxes, so nope.

And again, I won't give Cliff a dime for the way he tried to sell this game.

But even worse than that, Destiny 2 is coming out soon, CoD WW2 is coming out soon, I'm still playing Titanfall 2, why the hell should I play?

I may even pick Battlefield 1 up again since the price keeps dropping and now that I have a PS4 pro I want that enhanced experience

• Global Moderator

I think the game is just in a very tough market to break in now. You never got the sense that lawbreakers knew what it wanted to be. Initially it wanted to go with F2P (Paladin has that market) and then decided to go more indie priced.

A friend brought up that the summer games for Overwatch probably didn't help Lawbreakers either.

This says it all in terms of how bad it's currently doing - PCGamesN - Lawbreakers Player Count

It failed to launch within the top 100 games on Steam...
    According to GITHYP, the final release for LawBreakers saw a whopping 60% reduction over its initial beta player count. Launch night saw only a peak of 3k players, which is pretty bad when compared to Battleborn’s 12k.

Definitely very worrying stuff for the studio.

It will be interesting to see if word of mouth improves things for the game. As mentioned, people generally seem relatively positive on it.

• @tokeeffe9 said in LawBreakers (PC/PS4):

I think the game is just in a very tough market to break in now. It's in this weird middle ground where it didn't know if it wanted to be F2P or retail and I don't think that helped it.

This says it all in terms of how bad it's currently doing - PCGamesN - Lawbreakers Player Count

It failed to launch within the top 100 games on Steam...
    According to GITHYP, the final release for LawBreakers saw a whopping 60% reduction over its initial beta player count. Launch night saw only a peak of 3k players, which is pretty bad when compared to Battleborn’s 12k.

Definitely very worrying stuff for the studio.

Holy balls, I mean I heard it was doing badly but not THAT badly.

Even 12k on battleborn while low still had a pretty steady amount of players to fill matches, but 3k? Ouch.

• Geez, there are indie visual novels made by one guy that have more than 3k players day one, crazy to see a big budget game with so much talent behind it do so badly