That's News!

• Facebook - The Surge 2 announced

alt text

• The Surge 2 keeps what fans and critics loved about the original – hardcore combat utilizing a unique, dynamic limb targeting system and deep character progression – while also expanding greatly upon the formula.
    • The Surge 2 takes place in a brand new environment: a sprawling, devastated city with larger and more ambitious level design, made possible by Deck13’s upgraded and improved engine.
    • Combat is more brutal and tactical than ever, with even more options thanks to an expanded limb targeting system. In addition, more abilities, weapons, implants, and drones give players a vast arsenal to build their character with, in their fight against the array of diverse new enemies and bosses.
    • More information about The Surge 2 will be unveiled at Le What’s Next de Focus – February 7-8, the yearly press event organized by the French publisher in Paris. Deck13 will talk more about their new title to the international press, so stay tuned.
    • The Surge 2 will release on consoles and PC in 2019.

• That was quick, didn't the surge just come out last summer?

• Yeah but it's Focus Home Interactive. They're a factory. It's still two years at least, it'll be all the same engine and base assets, just with new content.

I'm glad though, The Surge is great!

• Banned

@Axel Running greater rifts while taking a shit would be awesome.

• Finally Gold Coins will be usable for something! Now let's see how much they're worth...

• @Axel More information is given here. The basics are:

• Buy a qualifying digital game for Nintendo Switch, Wii U™, or Nintendo 3DS™ family systems or a physical game for the Nintendo Switch system.
    • Earn Gold Points worth 5% of the amount you pay, not including any points or discounts used*.
    • You can then redeem those points on your next eligible digital purchase (including games and DLC) for the Nintendo Switch system from Nintendo eShop or Nintendo.com.

• @Mbun Thanks!

The example they give is:

If you pay €50 for a game on Nintendo eShop, you’ll receive 250 Gold Points.
    Next time, you’ll be able to use those points and save €2.50.

That's not bad at all actually!

• @Axel I hope this means they change the amount of gold points you earn for physical purchases though, because right now a $60 game awards you 12 gold points, versus relative to those example calculations 300 gold points for a digital $60 game.

• @Mbun They say you earn 1% for physical purchases, so using the example above, that would be 50 points, €0.50. So that's bad.

• Well damn, looks like I'm going to start buying more Switch games digitally.
    Or at least horde them for sales.

Any details on how we use coins, like will a separate option pop up when checking out or something?

• @Axel Yeah, this image is going around now I see.

Reward PSA

@DMCMaster As far as I can tell, if it's an option available to you where you live, things like Prime and other gaming club discounts that get you about 20% off at launch will always be superior to this rewards program by a large margin. Even if eligible games for this new rewards program go on sale, the system is set up so you're only rewarded 5% of the price you actually pay, so you paying less digitally will result in less gold points towards saving more on other digital games. This isn't the amazing rewards program of the Wii U era but they tease that this program might be available for DLC, which you can't buy physically in a store at great discount, so this rewards program can fill that small niche if there's no other rewards you want to spend your gold points on.

• @DMCMaster I read that the points expire after a year, so don't really know if hoarding them is that viable.

And how do you get points for the physical ones?

• @bard91 said:

And how do you get points for the physical ones?

Don't do this right now, but normally you press start I think on the game on your home screen then go to redeem rewards points or whatever after your My Nintendo account has been linked.

• @bard91
    Last I heard it was 2 years I think.

• @bard91 GameXplains it

Youtube Video

• Just look at that tire fire
    Youtube Video

• @DMCMaster A Diablo like in which I can play as The Killmister himself, has me very intrigued to say the least, reviews for the PC version seem ok, so I may well end up checking it out.

• Namco is indeed working on Metroid, even has staff that worked on Star Wars 1313 on it.

• Just posting a link regarding that ^