That's News!

• Jack Sparrow DLC

• @axel
    hopefully it's more then just multiplayer naval combat, I'd actually like to board someone's ship, fight them and their friends on deck, plunder a village, hurry treasure, and maybe fight Davy Jones, all alongside a decent single player campaign.

• @sentinel-beachI
    Youtube Video

• @axel Good!
    I liked the boat action we saw.

• Good news everyone, Blighttown is fixed
    Youtube Video

• They've reintroduced a tonne of bugs though.

Youtube Video

• @hazz3r Reintroduced is a little misleading. I listened to as much of the video as I could and it just sounded like he confirmed bugs from Dark Souls are still in the game. The guy has some fair points but I'm also a little surprised they expected this to be anything more than an upres, especially on PC.

• Check out @devolverdigital’s Tweet:

I'm really excited for this.

• @a7x458
    I almost wish Adult Swim would air it on tv

• @a7x458 not gonna lie their show last year was the highlight of E3 for me so I can't wait for this one

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• @tokeeffe9

Agreed. The game was clearly marketed as a slightly graphically updated version of the original Dark Souls on present day consoles, like the vast majority of remasters on current gen systems.

• https://nintendoeverything.com/resident-evil-7-cloud-version-announced-for-switch-launches-this-coming-week/

Resident Evil 7 "Cloud Version" coming to Switch.

Everything runs through the cloud (the “download” is just 45MB), so you won’t actually be purchasing the full game that can be played offline. You’ll need a stable internet connection while accessing the title.
    Players will nonetheless be able to play Resident Evil 7 in its entirety on Switch. This includes the Banned Footage Volume 1 and 2, End of Zoe, and Not a Hero DLC.
    Resident Evil 7 can be played for up to 15 minutes on Switch for free. After that, you’ll need to purchase a 2,000 yen ticket, which lasts 180 days.

That's a bold move Cotton!

• @axel that's a pretty interesting idea, which funnily enough takes zero advantages of the Switch features.

It's of note that they are only doing this in Japan right now, which I guess gives them some more guarantees about the availability of good internet connections, and I wonder how much this could allow if successful for a similar model for other titles and which I imagine could have significant upside in terms of development and porting time.

• @axel If this was an option I wouldn't be upset, but this basically means the Switch won't get a normal version of that game, and I'm afraid publishers will look at this as a way of escaping the dreaded "Switch tax", the cost of putting large games on Switch Carts. Not owning the game also is sketch and could lead to some shady Virtual Console shenanigans with renting titles for limited periods going forward instead of being able to purchase them if this takes off. This whole thing happening right before E3 also scares me, making me wonder if Nintendo themselves are going to offer stuff like this, announcing it during E3. The Switch also doesn't have the strongest internet capabilities, doesn't even come with an Ethernet port, so I could see this being really unstable. There's only a couple days until it comes out in Japan, and since the Switch is Region Free I'll definitely try the 15 minute trial to see what this is like for myself.

• @mbun Yeah, certainly not an exciting prospect if this were to become a widespread practice :(

• @mbun I think there are a good number of possible downsides as you are mentioning, as well as ways it can be abused by publishers which would be unfortunate.

Trying to think positively this could end up being like the idea that On Live originally had, and it could allow for more games to be on the Switch, which if it works well I could be a great benefit to it. I'm just spitballing here though, as I don't really know if the Switch would lend itself well for something like that (hw and sw wise), and the coverage of something like that might not be great either.

Still I'm interested to see what we hear about this first case, I'm definitively thinking it will be working as a litmus test for many publishers.

• I don't think I could possibly be less excited for a game than if you told me it was only available through online streaming, for an ostensibly portable console at that.

• Is it 1080p 60fps