That's News!

• I know the WHAT, but it doesn't say WHY.

Also surprised articles didn't include their PR statement on Twitter.

• @dipset said in That's News!:

I know the WHAT, but it doesn't say WHY.

I thought you meant the "why" of the delay in general and not the "why" of Sony making that call last second or XSeed waiting until now to announce Sony's call, my bad.

• Saw something on Facebook but it appears YouTube has crashed.

• Sega Teasing something or just a random art asset used unknowingly?
    https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/10/16/sega-may-be-hinting-that-sonic-colors-is-coming-to-pc

• @dmcmaster my money's on it just being some intern that was given a pile of sonic art to use for a banner and either they or the person compiling the assets they could use didn't bother to check if the games it was for are actually on the platform in question. If there's one thing you can always count on when it comes to Sega it's incompetence.

• @hanabi
    That's my thought as well, although I recall a Sega rep once saying Color's would be coming to PC and last gen consoles at one point.
    Still its probably just Chet messing something up again.

• Global Moderator

Days Gone delayed to April 26th

We want to share a change in release date for this highly anticipated title from Bend Studio. We recently decided to move the release of Days Gone from the crowded February timeframe to April 26, 2019. While the studio is eager to see Days Gone in the hands of fans, Bend Studio will take the opportunity to further polish Days Gone.

Weirdly refreshing that they just say it how it is, that February was crowded. Probably smart too to let other big games like Sekiro and DMCV get out of the way too. One thing is for sure, they must be doing a lot of polishing for Days Gone.

Deracine (PSVR, From Software) out November 6th

As previously announced, Déraciné from Sony Interactive Entertainment, SIE Japan Studio, and FromSoftware is scheduled for release exclusively for PlayStation VR* this November 6, 2018.

• Damn now my prediction for Days Gones release is inaccurate. Oh well.
    Still at least they were up front, and it gets about an extra month and a half of polish

• Virtual-On, Oratorio Tangram, and Force coming to PS4 in the future

Also someone in Japan is apparently making twin sticks for the PS4 as well, so I guess I'm gonna need to empty my bank account on getting one of those too.

• North American LoL team, Cloud 9, just swept Afreeca Freecs and advance to the semifinals of Worlds.

This is simultaneously two firsts.

It's the first time a Korean team will not be represented in Worlds (since they joined the world stage)
    And it's the first time an NA team has advanced to semifinals.

• So probably to be expected, but after handling damn near 6 thousand copies of RDR2 at work, along God knows how many other people at work. It might break GTA5's launch

• Yakuza 4 for PS4 coming January of next year, Tanimura getting a new face and voice as his original actor has since retired from the business (Joined some cult I think, or that's someone else I'm thinking of)
    http://www.siliconera.com/2018/10/23/yakuza-4-for-ps4-releases-january-19-2019-in-japan-with-a-new-look-for-tanimura/

• I get it's something they have to do since he was based on someone no longer involved with it but it still sucks to see Tanimura changed like that, he looks so much lamer now.

• Guess I'm keeping my PSN name till this gets worked out
    http://www.siliconera.com/2018/10/23/psn-online-id-change-feature-may-have-issues-including-loss-of-save-data-and-paid-dlc/

Also saw a article during lunch I can't find again (yet)
    Dreamcast emulation is up and running at Sega Japan for the AGES collection, apparently the porting process (no game listed as example) is very easy on Switch, and that we might see a Dreamcast AGES game early next year.

Which means my Hope's and dreams of playing PSO again might actually be fulfilled

Found it
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/10/sega_ages_devs_discuss_possibility_of_dreamcast_games_on_switch_again_emulation_the_way_to_go

• Global Moderator

@dmcmaster I don't think that's too much of a surprise that there are some issues currently. It's not being rolled out until next year.

• Global Moderator

Kotaku - Inside Rockstar Games' Culture Of Crunch

Dan and Sam Houser, the co-founders of Rockstar and creative leads on Red Dead Redemption 2, are renowned for rebooting, overhauling, and discarding large chunks of their games. Through eight years of development on Red Dead Redemption 2, the Housers and other directors have made a number of major changes to the story, the core gameplay mechanics, and the game’s overall presentation. It’s a process that some see as essential for making a game of this nature, but it’s also one that leads to a great deal of overtime, and has contributed to a culture of crunch at Rockstar Games that is impossible to deny, according to interviews with dozens of current and former employees.

Another excellent piece of journalism from Schreier. It's a huge article with several sources and well worth reading.

This might be worth spinning off into it's own topic if there is a lot of discussion since it's been an interesting story over the last week or two.

• Global Moderator

VentureBeat - September 2018 NPD: Spider-Man does what only he can

“Marvel’s Spider-Man, the best-selling game of September, achieved the highest launch month dollar sales for any PlayStation exclusive in history, and is the seventh largest launch ever achieved by any game on any PlayStation platform,” said Piscatella.

Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey launched October 5, and NPD’s September tracking period ended the next day. So this chart only has two days of sales. With that in mind, it was able to get near the top of the list. It also showed a distinct increase over its immediate predecessor.

“Forza Horizon 4 achieved the highest launch month dollar sales in Forza franchise history and is the biggest launch for a racing game on any Xbox platform in history,” said Piscatella. “Forza Horizon 4 was the seventh best-selling game of September.”

RANKINGS
    Physical and Full Game Digital for publishers in the Digital Leader Panel, ranked on dollar sales

1. Marvel's Spider-Man
    2. NBA 2K19
    3. Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
    4. FIFA 19^
    5. Shadow Of The Tomb Raider
    6. Madden NFL 19^
    7. Forza Horizon 4
    8. Destiny 2^
    9. Super Mario Party*
    10. NHL 19
    11. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes Of An Elusive Age
    12. WWE 2K19
    13. Grand Theft Auto V
    14. Mario Kart 8*
    15. Naruto To Boruto: Shinobi Striker
    16. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege
    17. Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy^
    18. Super Mario Odyssey*
    19. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
    20. Minecraft*

*-Digital sales not included
    ^-PC digital sales not included

And just a small bit on hardware

“Hardware spending in September 2018 fell 3 percent when compared to a year ago, to $306 million,” said Piscatella. “Significant gains in spending on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One hardware were offset by declines across all other platforms.”

“PlayStation 4 hardware achieved the highest September unit sell-through for a non plug-n-play console since the PS4 in 2014,” said Piscatella.

Lots of more info in the article. I love the NPDs :D

• @tokeeffe9 Spiderman taking No.1 was not a surprise, i will curious to see what happens to GTA V next month.

• @a7x458
    Probably still maintain some position in the top 25

• Global Moderator