That's News!

• AAAAND Nintendo Wins

https://t.co/mhufes8TsP

• @el-shmiablo i'm happy it's being remade but i couldn't care less tbh.

i want new games, ones like Pikmin 4 or a New F-Zero, i'm so fucking sick of Zelda.

• Hyped HYPED for Astral Chain!

• Ok, so Tetris Battle Royal is a thing.....I'm still stunned by that.

• Super Mario Maker 2 INSTA BUY
    Astral Chain INSTA BUY
    Link's Awakening INSTA INSTA INSTA INSTA INSTA BUY
    No but seriously I'm not a huge Zelda fan by any measure but that game holds a lot of nostalgic importance to me so there's no way I'm passing it up. Also the fact that there's a Tetris battle royale game now is the funniest thing in the world to me.

• I just want to point out that this is a pretty huge deal. After Rune Factory 4 the studio went bankrupt and the amazing team got shattered apart. The future of the Rune Factory franchise looked very grim. There were whisperings of things happening for awhile now, but it has also been dark for quite some time. Not only are they bringing back Rune Factory 4 for Switch with some new tidbits, but this team is getting to make a full blown sequel. Please buy these games. They're amazing. If you are lamenting the place Harvest Moon is in right now and already got everything you can squeeze out of Stardew Valley, turn your gaze towards Rune Factory. You will not be disappointed.

• @mbun Forgot to mention it but yeah I've always heard good things about Rune Factory and while I didn't get into 4 when I tried it on 3DS I'd be more than willing to give it a second chance.

• @hanabi
    I've always wanted to play it but was never able to track down any copies of Rune Factory back then and didn't have a method to buy stuff online. Then just kinda forgot about it, although wasn't there a Rune Factory game on Wii and PS3?

• @dmcmaster I know there's one on Wii. Pretty sure there was one on PS3 but I don't remember for sure.

• I was pretty exciting about seeing more FE Three Houses, I didn't love what I saw, but I'm still interested, that said .... ooooof I can only take so much abysmal worldbuilding in such a short amount of time.

Astral Chain though, that has my attention for sure.

• I legit thought Astral Chain was like a ESwat reboot or something, instead it seems like Platinum made a JoJo's game, but without JoJo.

• When is Kamiya going to release a game. He's only made 1 game this generation and it's Wonderful 101.

• @iboshow
    In due time

• @yoshi If you're let down after this Direct you have ridiculously unrealistic expectations.

• @axel Nah, it is fine for him to be let down. I'm let down certain things I was hoping to get updates on didn't pan out. Nintendo didn't talk about improving their online at all, didn't announce the SNES games we all know exist anyways, still certain things just MIA, but I'm just also more happy about the surprises we did get to the point where I'm able to push away how let down I am over the rest.

Rune Factory 5 is a miracle, Super Mario Maker 2 looks solid so far and isn't that far away, they sort of implied there's more significant updates coming to Smash Ultimate than just balance changes and things involving the Fighter Pass, Dragon Quest XI S kind of has something similar to the cool feature the 3DS game had, fun little Crafted World demo to hold me til March, Daemon X Machina demo to get a taste of that too, new game by Platinum that looks nuts, and a Zelda remake with a fun style that suits it.

Gonna be a bummer waiting even longer for solid info on Animal Crossing Switch and the release date for that and Crystal Chronicles, probably going to have to wait til E3 even, and sure it is totally worth the trade for all that cool unexpected stuff we got. Still let down though. Just the nature of being excited for things.

• @mbun Sure but when all the things you listed, and more, are revealed in one Direct, it's very unfair to say there's no "new games" just because it didn't feature the one or two series he's interested in. We know more things are coming, every series will get its time in the sun eventually.

Anyway, this was an amazing showing and there is a lot to be excited about!

• I hope the DQXI ochestral soundtrack comes to the other versions too, I love the MIDI soundtrack but the orchestra will make everything so much better.

Also, I have to say that the Direct was amazing, I'm feeling the hype too as someone who doesn't even have a Switch. God, Link's Awakening looks so good.

• @axel how is wanting something like Pikmin 4, a game that miyamoto has repeatedly said is almost done multiple times now, an unrealistic expectation?

the new platinum games game looks cool. i couldn't care less about Dragon Quest , Rune Factory or Waifu Emblem.

• Youtube Video

Basically Hollow Knight 2! So awesome!

More details here:

Youtube Video