That's News!

• Hopefully it isn't canceled, still remember some voice actress being arrested for marijuana a few years ago and basically everything she was in was pulled, and the new show she was supposed to be in was delayed like 2 weeks and recast.
    I'll see if I can find the article on it.

• @dmcmaster Could pull a Lao Gui and completely replace the character.

• I know Japan is very conservative on regards to drugs, but this is just baffling, specially if they are examining the western release, I don't see how they would cancel it having already invested into the translation and everything.

• @bard91 Asia in general has some pretty wild drug laws.
    My brother lives in Taiwan and you are essentially fucked for life if you get caught even smoking a joint.

ON A LIGHTER NOTE

Path of Exile is coming to PS4 on March 26th.
    As somebody who played a titload of this game on PC when it first came out but has really fallen out of the PC gaming scene, am excite. Anybody want to play when it comes out? Totally free (save for cosmetics) Diablo clone that is really what Diablo 3 should have been. FFX style skill tree that allows you to really make your own type of character, all abilities are done through item slots.

• @bard91 I highly doubt they'd flat out cancel the Western release. I'm betting that's at least half the total sales of the game if not more. I'm imagining that they are going to recast and rescan a new actor and record new VO for the Japanese actor. I don't know that the English VO would need to be changed, but it might in order to sync. The translation probably won't.

Or they could decide to not change it at all. It's kinda nuts that this might get bumped.

• @el-shmiablo
    Sure, free Diablo is always good. Although I could of sworn that was supposed to be out already

• @tokyoslim yeah I agree, I'm just thinking that for english speaking countries, no one is gonna care at all and it would be a pointless investment, hearing an actor is doing drugs is hardly news worthy, let alone taking action about it.

• Get with the times Japan, our conservatives over here use cocaine themselves.

I don't think they'd cancel in the West through. Different cultures = different values.

• @dmcmaster It was. Got delayed to include the latest update, Synthesis.

• @dipset it makes me wonder how much of this is to appease the various other Japanese businesses and brands featured in the game.

• @tokyoslim

That's the first thing I thought. Bad for business over there. Here... not so much. But now I'm wondering if the localizing team might have to make generic branding or something to get the game out the door. Not thaaaaat difficult in the grand scheme of things, but making sure nothing slips through the cracks can be difficult.

• I can see them replacing the actor for release on the West, Even if were ok with it, people in Japan necessarily won't be. It's a serious crime there and it is treated as such like the voice actress a few years ago who's whole career and marriage got ruined because of it. There is probably a reason and a history why it's strict not just in Japan but rest of Asia so who are we to say how to run their laws there. Like sports have those doping bans but people are divided when their duration of ban is long enough or not.
    That Kenshin mangaka got away with just a fine while this just harmed himself with a drug usage and we think laws doesn't seem to be fair in between their punishment but so are laws in other countries that make you cringe. Nevertheless we don't have any say in the matter because we aren't involved where as SEGA has it's name on it and things like these may affect their business if they just let it be.

• @tearju-engi Has a lot to do with opium production in the Golden Triangle.

• @iboshow
    Posted that yesterday.
    Question is will it be the Classic games, the GBA/DS games, the 3 PS2 games, or Lords of Shadow

• @dipset I think it would take far less time to just recapture one actor, record all new VO, put him in the game, and do any patching up that would result from that than to take all the branding out of the game. You're talking about changing items, visual branding, sidequests, and potentially VO on the whole game vs changing one character.

• @tokyoslim
    Kinda like Kevin Spacey in that ons movie

• @DMCMaster Yeah, kind of. They should just get a 2d photo of a slightly larger person and overlay it on the old actor in photoshop like they dd for the Ace Combat 7 dog.

• @dmcmaster Or, like that character they already did the same thing for in Yakuza 0, Lao Gui.

Youtube Video

Mind you this was only in the Chinese version.

• @el-shmiablo oh wow. Didn't know that. He did seemed out of place