That's News!

• @SabotageTheTruth said in That's News!:

@bard91 Raise your hands to the heavens and hope with me that we'll get a Persona/Yakuza crossover.

Is that even a rumor? Because just the thought is blowing my mind.

• @WarpDogsVG Haha, no, I don't mean to spread false hope. I think Ben or Huber proposed the idea of a Yakuza/Persona crossover and I really can't stop thinking about how great that would be.

• I used to play The Sims: Deluxe Edition all the time on my family's first ever PC in the early 2000s. I remember the sense of wonder learning computers and playing games. I kinda wanna buy a Sims game again.

• @GoTaco
    I enjoy the Sims, I just don't like playing them on a computer (kinda feels like work, that and my PC isn't all that good for games) but it's nice to come home and build a house or something in the Sims

• @tokeeffe9 That sucks, I want GTA VIce

• Global Moderator

Thought this one was interesting for two reasons. One is that it's selling amazingly well. The other is that I don't actually hear about it too much here among EZA members.

Are we just a more single player focused bunch or it being in early access is an issue for some or something else?

• @tokeeffe9 I can't speak for the other members, but it has a lot of hurdles to overcome for me. I don't have a gaming PC, I typically play single-player or local multiplayer games, I don't really play early-access titles, and a game needs a sense of progression to really hook me. I relate very well to Brandon's Football Practice analogy regarding multiplayer games.

• @Billy You nailed it, the sense of progression is what seriously kills my interest. I love Overwatch and you could easily say there's no progression there as well, but at least there's multiple modes and a ranked system with a ladder to climb. PUBG is a great concept but I couldn't see myself being invested beyond a few matches. It still makes for some funny highlight videos though, which I'll gladly watch.

• Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age is officially coming to the West

Series creator Yuji Horii just put out a video in which he said DQXI would be localized for a Western release in 2018. More details will be coming later this year.

https://youtu.be/_187BByF2TM
    (Enable captions for translation)

• @Billy better come with VA otherwise I won't be buying it.

• @Billy Wasn't it already? Also, is that Switch or PS4?

• @Haru17 Nope, DQ XI has no voice acting (at least in the Japanese version). If I recall correctly, the Japanese version of DQ VIII also had no voice acting and they added it in localization, so it's not out of the question that they'll add it, but also not a sure thing.

• @Haru17 It's kinda been up in the air whether or not it would come here. This is their first time officially stating their plans to localize it. It is launching in Japan today, so some people thought they may have to just import it. I believe it's just 3DS and PS4 at this point, though a Switch port is planned? Maybe?

• The Allies sure have covered it enough before it was even announced for the west then, yeesh.

• @Cypher that's why I'm hoping they add it for this one as well, I honestly don't understand how they can decide not to add VA to the japanese version.

And it wasn't really doubtful if it was coming or not, they just hadn't announced it so there was nothing concrete on it, but I don't think it not coming was a realistic scenario

• Because one spin off is not enough!!!

http://personacentral.com/rumor-new-persona-dancing-game-also-announced-soon/

Keep them coming!!!

• I feel like they could do better than a dancing game though... Also, what are these going to be on? Vita? PS3? Q2 would have to be 3DS or Switch right?

• @Haru17 said in That's News!:

I feel like they could do better than a dancing game though...

I don't really get "do better, It's a genre. A rhythm game can be just as good as something like an RPG.

• @Sheria I mean the story could be almost as good as an RPG (but only if they remove Akechi). However, with a rhythm or fighting game you're always going to have the problem of writing the plot to necessitate all of these competitions every few minutes, which usually results in a lot of forced hostility among the characters.

Rhythm games specifically are literally just pressing buttons to music, so gameplay and level design-wise they could definitely do better. Like how about Persona 5: My Life as a Shadow where you design your own palace Animal Crossing-style and defend it from metaverse travelers? Or even just a Persona walking simulator after story thing where you get to just hang out with the characters and not have to worry about a schedule or combat — that's probably the part people care about most in Persona games.

• @Haru17 I do agree they could do other maybe more interesting stuff, but I've enjoyed all of them so I don't mind seen more of them.

As for platforms Q2 I would imagine it is the Etrian Odyssey team so probably 3DS again, and likely coming out relatively soon, the dancing game I would probably say PS4, I don't know if they would collaborate with the team that makes the Hatsune Miku games, but Sega already has that precedent, although I still see a fair amount of Vita releases for Japan so it could also be there.