That's News!

• @tokeeffe9
    After playing GT Sport myself for a few hours, I can't help but get the feeling like its being used as a testing ground for GT7,

• @DMCMaster If it proves to be popular, now it's being positioned as an online service, with the current plan to add more cars and tracks, it wouldn't surprise me if they added in more features over time, like a career mode (hopefully)

If they can't hold the audience, then this will still be a good foundation for the next GT game though.

• @thenerdtheword The article and JPN site said it's literally just the Animal Crossing phone game. No 3DS, Switch, or other app news. If it were about a full game they would make English and other language versions of the Direct instead of just subbing the Japanese one.

Though I guess that technically doesn't rule out Animal Crossing for Wii U, lol.

@bard91 Well, I guess it's good there's at least some attempt. After all, Persona is pretty high narrative bar for what typically comes out of this industry. I really just wish they would release P4 Golden or something like that on Switch. Atlus JRPGs just seem like the absolute perfect games for a handheld hybrid, even more so than Monster Hunter since Capcom has the means to crank up the graphics on dedicated consoles.

It's frustrating Atlus have whatever nebulous exclusive agreement they do with Sony that in effect forces people who own a Switch and PS4 to play the less convenient version. I mean, Persona games are a huge amount of work and creativity and totally worth a port. I guess we'll just have to see what SMT 5 shapes up to be. Hopefully it has a similar level of ambition.

• @Yautja_Warrior. Yup, everything is really great except the lack of single player offline content. I'd say that the core gameplay is so great that they basically just needs to add a career mode and more cars and they can sell the same game as GT7. I'd buy it day one.

But as it stands there is very little to do for someone like me who isn't subscribing to PS+. As a long time fan it was definitely difficult to see all the facts get unveiled, I skipped GT6 since it came after PS4 so I've waited a long time for a new GT and when it finally comes it's not made for me. :(

• @jaggafredde
    Looking back im a bit surprised they never ported GT6 to PS4, sure it would have been a re-release but it would have been something to help tide GT fans while waiting on what would become Sport, which is stranger as I think they said (just before the PS4 came out I think) that they had the game up and running on PS4

• Global Moderator

@DMCMaster I imagine they didn't want to get in the way of Driveclub.

• @DMCMaster. Totally, GT6 Enhanced two years in after the PS4 launch would've been perfect! :)
    I fully expect that Polyphony will deliver on the DLC promise and hopefully remove the online restrictions at a later date though. They can always make the single player content isolated from the online content to not interfer with the FIA license which I believe is the reason they made it always online. It's definitely not unfixable. And if they deliver then I hope the review sites revisit the game since it's very clear that the scores dropped because of the online focus which not everyone wanted.

• First 13 Original Xbox Games Announced for Xbox One Compatibility

Microsoft has revealed the first 13 backwards-compatible original Xbox games for Xbox One to IGN – several of which we got to play. These first 13 will be available tomorrow, October 24. All are enhanced with 1080p resolution, higher and/or smoother framerates, and faster loading times.

These are the first 13 games you can play on any Xbox One if you own the title, beginning tomorrow:

• Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    • Ninja Gaiden Black
    • Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
    • Fuzion Frenzy
    • Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
    • Psychonauts
    • Dead to Rights
    • Black
    • Grabbed by the Ghoulies
    • Sid Meier’s Pirates!
    • Red Faction II
    • BloodRayne 2
    • The King of Fighters Neowave

If you still have your original Xbox disc, just insert it into your Xbox One console. If you own it digitally, that will also work. Many of these games can also be purchased from the Xbox Store in digital form for $9.99.
    Source IGN

• @Pensanden That's seriously awesome! I thought they would line it up with the Xbox One X launch. I'll be diving head first into Ninja Gaiden the second it's available! :)

• @jaggafredde I'm a bit disappointed that fable isn't on the list but between ninja gaiden and kotor let's just say I'll be busy until oddessy comes out.

• Global Moderator

Unfortunate but I think we knew about this for a while, confirmed now.

• @Pensanden. Fable would be cool to have too, I actually haven't played it, maybe it'll pop up later on. I'd like Rallisport Challenge as well. And Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. But I think it's an okay start for sure, and it arrives surprisingly early. To be honest I always thought it would be an Xbox One X thing. There is a lot to debate about Microsoft current state in gaming but what's clear is that they've really turned things around since the first unveil. Lets just hope they can dig up some more first party games and this generation will end on a very positive note imo.

• @Haru17 well they did relaunch a renewed version for the P3 and P4 japanese websites last weeks, so that seems indicative that something may be happening, my money would be a PS4 digital release, or PC, but I would love to see them on the Switch as well.

And I'm fairly sure there's no such thing as an agreement with Sony for P5 or any of their games, I don't think there have been official statements about this, but I believe they simply chose PS3/4 as the best platforms to release for, given limited development capabilities, that coupled with Sega's recent interest in moving games to PC makes me think that we will see a PC version sometime soon

• @bard91 I was referring to this. (Apparently Hardin was an Atlus PR manager at time of tweeting.) So, kinda definitive, which sucks. I had no idea abut the P4 thing though. I'll be happy to play it on anything that's not a Vita.

Switching gears, I've still never played a toys-to-life game. Except Breath of the Wild, lol.

• @bard91
    If I had to guess it has to do with Sony being pretty helpful with Devs back during the build up to the PS1 release. (As in helping devs actually get stuff up and running on PS1) Thus Atlus has favored the PlayStation ecosystem, and Sony was extremely picky about who they helped during the PS2 era (allegedly the reason why REmake,0 and 4 were made as Gamecube exclusives is because when Mikami went to Sony to get help with their PS2 dev kit making the port of RE:CV, they blew him off, which led to him wanting to put the mainline games on another system)

• @Haru17 that's a bit out of context tbh, I remember when John twetted that out and there was a ton of speculation about P5 going to Switch for some stupid reason I can't really remember, so my interpretation of that is that they wanted to be clear about the platforms people could expect the games to actually be on (at the time) and stop any rabid speculation, not necessarily that there would be no other platforms in the future, afterall John was PR for Atlus USA, so at the end of the day this is a PR statement from a bracn office not a direct message from the developers.

Other than that with the whole PS3 emulator thing they released a statement which seemed to indicate that they are aware of the interest for the game in other platforms, so nothing concrete but it seems like they may be evaluating other possibilities.

• @DMCMaster that may have to do with it, as well as an established fanbase, honestly I think it mostly has to do with their focus on the internal japanese market and developing specifically for it, so for that they probably concluded the PS platforms would be sufficient for their expectations.

• @Haru17 they have plots while not as deep as persona they usally have something to do with religion or the devil

• Dragonball FighterZ finally has a release date

And there will be a season pass. It will feature 8 DLC characters with other stuff to tie-in to those characters. The Season Pass is currently priced at $35.

• Holy crap is that the final box art? Why does it look so ugly and early 2000s 'underground' font-y?