That's News!

• @DMCMaster That is correct, I never played BlazBlue, and I find this pretty bad tbh.

• Eurogamer - Nintendo has quietly added GameCube controller support to Switch

Nintendo hasn't publicly announced it, but GameCube controllers are now supported by Switch as of the console's recent 4.0 update.
    You need the GameCube controller's USB adaptor, but with it the Switch now recognises GameCube pads and already supports them for play.

The 4.0 update has some nice QoL changes. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come with VC and more further down the line.

• @tokeeffe9 WAT. That's so weird, there seem to be weird easter eggs in so much of the Switch hardware. I'm not sure I want to go back since the Switch Pro controller is probably my favorite since the 360's, but GCN controllers might be nice if they rerelease Wind Waker/Twilight Princess, Double Dash, or Paper Mario.

• The Nintendo Halloween sale is on!

Youtube Video

Can't find a complete, clear list of what's on sale so far, don't expect insane Steam-level discounts, but if there's some indie games you've been tempted to pick up there's a few good picks.

• @tokeeffe9 Makes me think a Smash 4 port (or even a Smash 5) is on the way. That or Gamecube VC down the pipeline.

Still think it's ridiculous that the gamecube adapter only worked on Smash 4. I'm not asking for 2015 releases to let me use my 2001 controller but I don't think it's unreasonable to have wanted Wii games to play ball as well.

• The GotY version of Hitman is coming with some new missions. I'm honestly not entirely sure how much new stuff there is but the first season was a lot of fun so I'd honestly recommend it if you haven't played Hitman at all.

• @tokeeffe9
    Maybe its just all of the timed missions now being available year round, or offline?
    Still need to try and Give Hitman another shot.

• @DMCMaster From what I can tell, the best way to compare is it includes a new episode. So new location, mission, challenges, etc.

• @tokeeffe9
    Calling it now, one last Direct in December, showing a few things coming in early 2018, and then BOOM, VC goes live with 8 games per Platform (NES, SNES,N64, GCN, GB/GBC, GBA)

• That's News kinda day it seems.

• Why does their Twitter banner look like a budget version of The Storm from Halo 3's marketing and campaign?

alt text

• @tokeeffe9 said in That's News!:

That's News kinda day it seems.

Battle Royale mode I'd bet money on it

• @Tregard I wouldn't bet against it.

• @Tregard I would actually play that.

• I'm pretty sure Battle Royale is still searching for a game with actual good mechanics in the first place, so MGS V's corpse would be a good fit. Stealth is totally different and much weaker in multiplayer of course, but I the MGS MP modes have been terribly stealthy IIRC.

• @tokeeffe9 I'm super excited for Animal Crossing Mobile. I think it will be the first Nintendo mobile game I really jump in to.

• @tokeeffe9 said in That's News!:

I'm honestly not entirely sure how much new stuff there is but the first season was a lot of fun so I'd honestly recommend it if you haven't played Hitman at all.

The Game of the Year Edition content includes the Patient Zero Campaign. There isn't a new location. Instead there will be 4 bonus missions on Paris, Bangkok, Colorado and Hokkaido, as well as some new unlockable suits by completing challenges in each mission. If you are familiar with Landslide or The Icon (The mission where you kill Iron Man) I would expect four more missions like those.

It costs $20 standalone and $60 as part of the Game of the Year Edition.

While the $20 is quite steep, I think if the content is the same quality as Landslide and The Icon then it will be more than worth the cash.

More interestingly, there's an associated update coming out. They're going through the Elusive Targets again to allow people that didn't get a chance to play them the first time another chance to play them. As well as this there's a big UI update planned, including (finally) re-organising the terrible main menu.

If you already played the Elusive Target and Succeeded or Failed then you don't get to try it again. I disagree with this quite a lot. They're already taking away a lot of the value that buyers got for originally supporting the game. So far, no one can give me a compelling argument for why people who already played it shouldn't get a second chance. It's just as exciting, they'll still only get the one try and completing the mission. It seems like a nice gesture. Certainly better than giving players a "special badge" if they played an Elusive Target during Season 1 like they are doing.

• Wooo Ninja Gaiden Black is "free" on Xbox Game Pass! downloading as we speak :)

• ^ Played til after the first boss. Runs great, smooth performance, crisp graphics, controls well. This is great stuff, can't wait to see more Xbox original!
    The videos looked pixelated but I guess that's natural.

• Thought I'd ask here as it's quasi-news related, do you reckon there is any worth to having a "rumour mill" thread? I just saw some rumours about upcoming Switch stuff that's pretty baseless, so it wouldn't belong in here, but still seems worth talking about!