That's News!

• I'm actually very intrigued after seeing the developer / publisher list: Paradox Interactive (Vampire The Masquerade, Crusader Kings III), and Larian Studios (Baldur's Gate III) will be present.

I happened to click on Rebellion cause I saw them on the list and I kinda forgot about them entirely. I feel like their output has been everywhere from abysmal to good-decent over the past decade. I know somebody who worked for them freelance coding years ago and said they were nice to work for. I wonder what the future brings for that studio, they can't coast off of Sniper Elite forever.

• And now this:

• Banned

@axel What game could they be teasing with that short video?
    Assassin's Creed?
    Ghost Recon?
    Far Cry?
    The Crew?

Yes

• @el-shmiablo
    The answer is D:All of the above.

• I've come back from beyond the grave to point out that @DMCMaster doesn't know how the alphabet works.
    D would be The Crew. lol

• @dipset The thing is Rebellion are sitting on some of the best untapped IP's ever. They own 2000ad a British comic thats been in circulation since 1977. The home ofJudge Dredd. Rogue Trooper, Slaine, Nemisis & countess other's. Some of the most imaginative interesting characters & worlds in Comics.

• @axel

Bu the question is: Will there be gameplay? :P Also, I don't like July for Xbox and Ubisoft; it's too far. Give us the goods on June and then we can see smaller thing for all the summer after that. Thank God there is Sony show presumably.

Speaking of Ubisoft:

What a dissapointment! I just hope this is about Ubisoft's inaptitude and something we see rarely in next gen:

https://www.vg247.com/2020/05/12/assassins-creed-valhalla-30fps-xbox-series-x/

• Banned

@scotty I honestly wasn't expecting it to be any different.
    I remember back before the PS3 and PS4 came out there were the same talks of focusing on performance up to 120 frames per second.
    Developers will almost always choose to use any additional overhead to make the game look prettier or run smoother. Framerate simply isn't a big priority for games unless they are competitive FPS.

• @el-shmiablo

Because of the specs of new gen, people were expecting it to be finally the gen of 60 FPS with 4K. I'm surprised and hoping it won't be the case that we see a lot. They should give great graphics with the values I said, also there is great optimization too. I'm still expecting it.

• I feel like it's really stupid to focus on prettier graphics at this point since we hit diminishing returns on that like a decade ago. People really should be focusing on optimizing performance nowadays. But then, I also think I could play a game that looks like it came out on the PS2 Just fine as long as it ran at a stable 60 so maybe I'm just not the target demographic for shiny AAA games.

• Banned

I don't think we've hit diminishing returns for graphics at all.
    Even comparing games from the start of this generation to games coming out now there are pretty huge improvements in modeling, post processing, animation, kinematics, etc.
    Just take a look at Mortal Kombat X compared to Mortal Kombat 11. Infamous Second Son to Ghost of Tsushima.

@Scotty I'm not sure why people expected consoles to hit 4K60 when you still need a pretty beefy PC to do that in most games.

• @el-shmiablo

Like I said, they think(me too) high end-PC specs+spesicif optimization for one device can do it. For last 2 generations, PS3 and PS4 did impossible with games when you look at those consoles' humble specs.

• Banned

@scotty But games aren't being optimized for one specific console. Games on Series X have to be able to run on One S for at least the first two years, which means that games must be developed with a lowest common denominator in mind.

• @el-shmiablo

But there is still 4 consoles opposite the millions of PC combinations.

• @scotty
    You think my K-Pro can run Red Dead Redemption 2?

• Banned

@scotty Yes but what I mean is that we most likely won't be seeing the true benefit of the next generation consoles for some time because the games being made for them also have to be made for 7 year old hardware that can barely run games at 30fps/900p.
    Of course there are many more combinations of PC parts out there than there are consoles, but consoles are also highly scalable and moddable. There is a YouTube channel I am subscribed to that focuses mostly on pushing games past their lowest settings so that they can run on potatoes.

• @el-shmiablo

It's easier to enhance some old gen game to new gen's resolution and frame rate than creating something with the standards of new gen and trying that to run at new gen's standard.

This is the first time I'm hearing it, it mustn't be a mainstream practice.

• Banned

@scotty That's... what I've been saying this whole time.

You won't get games on the new consoles that really take full advantage of the new hardware because the games will need to be designed around the limitations of 7 year old hardware that was already considered weak when it came out.

• @dmcmaster

What is K-Pro?