That's News!

• WB Games is allegedly no longer for sale.

• Nice. I hope that game is good! Looks cool.

• Nintendo just shadow dropped a Mario direct

Youtube Video

Honestly the most insane thing to me about all of this is that they're making a Mario battle royale but only for like, five months before they take it offline for some reason.

• @hanabi
    Super Mario 3D All Stars will also only be available till March apparently....which is odd but I'm pretty sure is just a "Grab it before it's in the Disney vault for good " type scenario.

That said this will probably be the first time I ever double purchase a game at release.

• @dmcmaster When I first saw that I thought it only meant the physical release, because surely Nintendo wasn't stupid enough to do something like that. But of course I'm wrong, they absolutely are stupid enough to do something like that, and I refuse to buy it on principle now. Whatever, it was just ports anyway.

• The fact the game will only be available only for a while makes me kinda mad actually, almost mad enough to not want to buy the game, almost....

• I'm not happy about it either.....but Sunshine on the go is something I've been dreaming of since I saw a mockup of a portable Gamecube in EGM Magazine.

Does make me wonder if the rumored Zelda collection will do something similar, although the last two Zelda collections were tied to pre ordering Wind Waker or subscribing to Nintendo Power

• It' really weird to have limited release for the digital side. Also adding Galaxy 2 into that package while you are there would be much better for the first timers.

• Betcha Galaxy 2 will eventually come to Switch or Switch 2 in a Switch Online/Virtual Console scenario along with other Gamecube games.

First chance is next year, being the 20th anniversary of GameCube.

• Hell who knows maybe SM3DAS is our first look at Gamecube/ Wii emulation on Switch

• I am still amused when people are surprised by Nintendo's mind bogglingly stupid decisions.

• @oscillator said:

Betcha Galaxy 2 will eventually come to Switch or Switch 2 in a Switch Online/Virtual Console scenario along with other Gamecube games.

Galaxy and Galaxy 2 are Wii games, not Gamecube.

• @mbun said in That's News!:

@oscillator said:

Betcha Galaxy 2 will eventually come to Switch or Switch 2 in a Switch Online/Virtual Console scenario along with other Gamecube games.

Galaxy and Galaxy 2 are Wii games, not Gamecube.

Goes to show you how little I care about the Wii. :P

• Just want to add that Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury has ONLINE MULTIPLAYER they didn't mention in the Direct that the original never had.

There's also these:

The actual gameplay is tweaked and sped up.

Nintendo also added the Midair Dive Roll Move* from Odyssey to 3D World you can see at 2:39 in the Direct.

*Not to be confused with the Pounce Move or the old slow 3D World Crouch Roll

Website and Press Release is also teasing even more for it to be revealed later.

The Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury game features the same great co-op gameplay, creative levels and power-ups as the original game, but also so much more. Additional details about what fun things this game has to offer will be revealed soon!

Lastly, the file size for it is 5GB for this Switch version, whereas the Wii U one was only ~1.7GB. This isn't simply due to a higher resolution either, since Tropical Freeze went from 11 GB to 6 GB and Captain Toad from 1.9 GB to 1.4 GB in their ports due to better compression.

Now how long before Nintendo delists the $20 Super Mario 3D World Nintendo Select from the Wii U eShop? Maybe snatch that while you can if you don't care about the Bowser's Fury Expansion and Online Multiplayer and want to save some money.

• @oscillator said in That's News!:

First chance is next year, being the 20th anniversary of GameCube.

(image of increasingly dusty skeleton:) "Any day now, they'll start making Gamecube games available again through VC/eShop."

• That Bowser's Fury reveal was very Kyle Bosman; I loved it.

• So everything but the best 3D Super Mario is coming to the Switch.

• The Witcher 3 is coming to PS5/X1 , will be free to all existing owners. Will feature Ray tracing and faster loading times in the base game. No word if save data will transfer over considering the odd shenanigans with how The Witcher 3's saves work (base game save is not compatible with GOTY save)
    https://www.ign.com/articles/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-confirmed-for-ps5-and-xbox-series-x

• @neocweeny they announced a 3D World port though.