That's News!

• @mbun I think the 3G model and proprietary memory cards didn’t help either. Both were just unnecessary risks that confused and angered people/me.

• Some insight on behind the scenes of Days Gone 2 and could have been from ex-game director Jeff Ross, and also insight of Sony's inner works in response to Schreier's article

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/director-confirms-days-gone-2-was-pitched-but-wont-verify-sony-rejection-report

• Potentially have a few hundreds of bucks burning a hole in your pocket?
    https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/04/first_4_figures_announces_zelda_breath_of_the_wild_champions_series

• @bam541

I just watched a live stream of Jeff Ross and David Jaffe today, here: https://youtu.be/okTMOJ1wnRw

Not sure who posted about Jaffe a few days ago but I discovered his channel and he has some good insight about the industry and the figureheads around Sony. Definitely learned a lot just listening to him for a bit.

Some highlights off the top of my head:

• Jeff says there isn’t really trouble in paradise at Sony / PlayStation like the speculation going on right now
    • Jeff and Jaffe don’t know Jim Ryan very well but they think he deserves a shot
    • Jeff says to this day, Sony is the best publisher because they are hands off and let the studios just cook up whatever they want
    • Jeff aware of Days Gone’s flaws, but also hoped it would be a foundation for more games
    • Days Gone sold very well but he doesn’t know figures (more than all their prior games combined)
    • Left Sony Bend because a lot of his autonomy and production duties were taken over by multiple staff members. No bad blood, but he preferred to wear many hats.

• I'm still mad about PS Vita. What a disastrous and reckless process that was!

• @hero

Sounds dangerous for the future.

• For anyone interested Evangelion has been killing it at the Japanese box office, and I can't wait for it and the future bluray release of the TV series over here in the west.
    https://www.siliconera.com/evangelion-3-01-0-grosses-7-4-billion-yen-after-35-days-in-japan/

• @dmcmaster lol I didn't even know it's already released there. So hyped for it, I really like 2.0 and 3.0 in particular.

• @bam541
    Still need to watch 3.0, I have it but for some reason I thought 4.0 would release sooner then it did.

Still what a wild ride announced in 2005, first film released in 07, 09, 2012 and finally 2021. Litterly been 14 years waiting for this quadrilogy of films

(Also 4.0 is the longest Eva film at 155 minutes, can probably add 10-15 minutes for the eventual home release)

• @dipset Oh damn you mean to tell me there actually wasn't any drama at Sony and that some people were making mountains out of molehills?
    No wayyyyyyyyyyyy.

• @phbz

This tweet by Jason Schreier is towards the people doing mental gymnastics to rationalize that a Days Gone 2 might exist because Jeff Ross didn’t confirm the cancelation (because he legally cannot). They also are anti-Schreier people who think he’s making shit up.

Schreier made overt statements about trouble in paradise at Sony studios but Jeff himself seemed to suggest that things aren’t doom and gloom.

Either way, people online are taking an inch and running a mile with this news. If you pour over the live stream with Jeff Ross, he addresses a lot of this and you will definitely see that the Tweeters of the world are blowing things out of proportion.

• @dipset I find myself less and less able to put up with this kind of fake outrage as time goes on. Most times it shows a severe lack of critical thinking in the people reporting it and the people who bite without any kind of consideration.

Legit just had a YongYea video pop up on my YouTube feed about the topic, went "Ew" and immediately hit unsubscribe.

• @el-shmiablo

Yeah like I don’t think Schreier is blowing things out of proportion at all, I think he’s doing a detailed report. It’s just people acting irrational online.

Like so Jeff Ross confirmed he was working on Days Gone 2 but signed and NDA and couldn’t say anything about whether it exists or not. Somehow people take that as bad journalism.

On the YongYea note—YouTube used to keep making that goof’s videos pop up alllll the time. It took a Herculean amount of “not interested” clicks for YouTube to finally catch on.

Literally ALL of my Facebook videos auto play into Ben Shapiro or Daily Wire and idk what impression I’ve given Facebook that I care for his shit, but I constantly need to click “not interested” on a near daily basis.

It gets exhausting. I need that Intel AI ASAP haha

• @dipset Jason initial report talked not just about Days Gone but much wider issues/changes. Usually Jason is not a BS and relies heavily on several direct sources. So I really have no reason to doubt anything he reported or to dismiss him over what one person said. A bit after his initial tweets he even said this this was not about games but about people not happy with the changes within Sony.

• @phbz

I think we’re saying the same thing here. Jason did his report, people got fixated on Days Gone 2.

Jeff did a live stream and people got fixated on his words and twist them to dismiss Jason.

Either way, people are taking what each person is saying and stretching it out to extremes. Nowhere is Jason’s report did he say Sony is going to hell in a hand basket like people are making it out to be.

• @dipset
    On the youtube thing are you using it on a smart TV with multiple people?

• Apparently Aloy is coming to Fortnite soon. You know what, I'm bored af rn, might just download the game again just to check it out.

Also, this got me thinking that Sony might be way more willing to do cross overs with their big franchises now, considering the focus to milk as much cash from them. Smash next? Maybe smoothing out the deal for them to show up at EVO or something.

• @bam541 I'm personally looking forward to Nintendo announcing Nissan Skyline from Gran Turismo as the next character in the fighter pass.