That's News!

• @dipset So I looked a little more into it. There's a Calibrate Control Sticks options on Switch that basically can help you set your Dead Zones well for the current state of the controller, but there's no fine tuning for Dead Zones specifically you can tweak without going through recalibrating entirely.

• Banned

Yeah I haven't seen any console level stuff for that. I bought a PS4 controller that supports stuff like that through a PC program, but generally editing dead zones is up to each individual game.

• Xbox One (and presumably Series S/X) has system-level deadzone adjustment, as well as system-level custom stick acceleration curves. These settings might only be available for Elite controllers (I use one), though.

• @el-shmiablo @Oscillator Yeah sorry. I could've sworn PS4 had it too, but we don't have a PS4 in the house anymore for me to tinker with to find what I'm thinking of. Sold ours and haven't netted a PS5 yet.

• Announcement of an announcement. August 3, 3:00pm PDT, Street Fighter 5 presentation on Oro, Akira and more. Doubtful but that "more" could be the fifth and final character.

• I wonder what new thing the Activision fire will bring today
    https://kotaku.com/activision-blizzard-hires-union-busting-firm-as-workers-1847386654

• Great show by Annapurna
    Youtube Video

• So a couple weeks ago the pitch presentation for Sly 4, stumbled on this video that does a pretty good break down of everything. Also is it me or does some of the unused features sound like MGS5 (specifically the Mother Bases)
    Youtube Video

• Just waiting on Halo Infinite campaign being pushed to 2022. Wouldn't be surprised if Dying Light 2 gets a Last minute delay aswell.

• Banned

@paulmci27 Now that the entire campaign storyline has been leaked because of the MP beta, I think they'll try to push it out as soon as possible.

• @scotty it just means that next year's a crazy one for them, lol. Imagine Ragnarok and Forbidden West coming at next year, plus other stuff like Forsaken. I think this year is still pretty good overall for them despite this delay, especially comparing it to PS4's first year.

• @bam541

Yeah it's not a bad year for a console launch. My main problem is I feel worse and worse about PS side with most of the news. They don't give me confidence I used to have about them.

• @scotty That's very fair. I kinda already mentally prepared myself that this Sony is going to be different from their past selves, so I'm not as doom and gloom as many people.

• @scotty PS5 games side seems to be fine so far.

what concerns me more is the PS5 SSD memory chips now even making us pay for stuff like heatsinks on the SSD memory chips.

Youtuber Playeressence talks about them here
    Youtube Video

i bought a console to play games and keep things simple. if i wanted to buy a PC and follow instructions on upgrading every little bit of hardware then i would have. now it's not even just putting in a simple memory card. we're buying the memory card AND we're starting to add and also pay for other shit like heatsinks on the cards as well now?

yeah i'm out.

• Banned

Tried to watch the whole video but dude just comes off as another one of those fake outrage idiots making a huge deal out of nothing.

You don't need to buy the heatsinks. They come already installed on the SSD.

It also isn't very complicated at all to install one. Sony releases a video showing how to do it when the PS5 released. Just pop the side panel, open the expansion port, put the SSD I'm, close it all up and you're good to go. Much simpler than installing on a PC, and comparing the two is idiotic.

• @el-shmiablo
    It's like the people complaining about Psychonauts 2 being capped at 30FPS on PS4 (specifically PS4) last week after Double Fine revealed some technical information about the game on various platforms (4K60 on all next gen platforms btw)

• The PS5 SSD expansion isn't complicated at all. I did my due diligence and checked out Sony's instructions and it just outright isn't complicated in any way whatsoever and it's just an option for those who want it. The PS5 has solid enough download speeds to delete and redownload stuff. If you aren't into that, you can just plug in an external USB HDD and put like 2TB of PS4 games on there to leave the PS5 SSD for PS5 only.

Here are the instructions:

• Buy ANY third-party M.2 SSD with the listed speed, size, and heatsink
    • Open up PS5 case (about as simple as opening a box of cereal)
    • Screw SSD in with one screw

The only thing that could make this simpler is if they collaborated with major brands for a 'Sony approved' label (which would defeat the purpose of using any third-party brand), and if they made the SSD socket accessible like the back battery flap on the GameBoy Color.

• Banned

@dipset But how am I supposed to pretend to be outraged over that?
    Huh!?