D&D Beyond!

• It's been brought up at least once that I can recall that there's a vested interest in D&D groups among the EZA community, and I brought up this service back at a time where it was largely a closed beta, but I ran across this today!

https://www.dndbeyond.com/forums/d-d-beyond-general/news-announcements/5335-release-date-august-15th-pricing-details-announced

Looks as though there's still some minor investment required for it's use, but the good news is it'll be available soon! I believe it'll be a good resource for people looking to organize groups, manage characters, etc.

Just thought I'd share it with everyone in case nobody has seen it previously.

They also had signups through your twitch accounts originally, so perhaps there will be a benefit for having twitch prime? Nobody seems to know yet, but it could yield some cool rewards perhaps, maybe even a low tier subscription or something.

• I'm keeping an eye on this. Not sure if our DM will want to try this or not, but price wise it's not bad if you do the Master tier and split costs between a group of people.

• @Inustar said in D&D Beyond!:

I'm keeping an eye on this. Not sure if our DM will want to try this or not, but price wise it's not bad if you do the Master tier and split costs between a group of people.

Yeah, I figured it was worth bringing up again. It looks like it'd be really useful, and cost effective. I mean it sounds pricey but compared to the price of buying all the books, having the space, paper, figures for realism, dungeons etc it gets pretty high.

Between this program and maybe something like Roll20 I think it can be far more manageable and won't require people to have friends close by to do it, and with the homebrew options it could allow people to do their own fan made things based off licenses or whatever, I wouldn't mind some Warcraft RP lol.

Again though here's hoping due to it requiring a twitch login that perhaps they'll offer a twitch prime benefit of some kind.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.