SNES Classic now avaliable for pre-order at Walmart.com

• @-Jak- mine hasn't been cancelled but I've been reading on Reddit forums that Walmart is going cancel them all. I checked my account and the full charge is pending

• I got my order in right when the posting was first sighted so Fingers crossed

So far it still says it's been processed.

• @Henry-Ramirez Without an official statement. That Reddit thread doesn't hold much weight.

Looks more like fear mongering. The only issue Nintendo would have with Walmart, is if Walmart did an early street release. At this point, orders are being cancelled for not matching actual inventory. Or payment issues.

• @-Jak- said in SNES Classic now avaliable for pre-order at Walmart.com:

@Henry-Ramirez Without an official statement. That Reddit thread doesn't hold much weight.

Looks more like fear mongering. The only issue Nintendo would have with Walmart, is if Walmart did an early street release. At this point, orders are being cancelled for not matching actual inventory. Or payment issues.

There's a few factors to consider as well:

• People ordering when the pre-order allocation amount had been sold through.
    • People Not having the money available for the Pre-auth charge, wouldn't surprise me if people didn't have the $85-$100 in their accounts at the time of purchase.
    • False payment info, etc
    • Customer Service isn't 100% facts, you'll get a different answer every time you call, no matter what company or concern.
    • Reddit
    • Walmart lists the item currently as "Sold Out" not "Coming Soon"
    • Not everyone who ordered has had their order cancelled
    • The order stayed up for almost an hour before selling out, if it was a mistake it wouldn't have remained up that long.

Granted they should issue an official statement, but considering other places like Target are teasing a pre-order going up soon I doubt it was really a mistake, likely every retailer is set to put theirs up throughout the next few weeks, of the places claiming to be doing them (Gamestop originally said they wouldn't allow preorders online).

• @ZyloWolfBane Its a little surprising that Walmart did not have a system in place. That locks the item in the cart, and sets a time limit to purchase before someone else can get it. Being able to order two systems, was the final nail in the coffin for a quick sold out.

And yes, there should be a set amount sent for retail locations. Which furthered limited how much can be sold online.

• @-Jak- said in SNES Classic now avaliable for pre-order at Walmart.com:

@ZyloWolfBane Its a little surprising that Walmart did not have a system in place. That locks the item in the cart, and sets a time limit to purchase before someone else can get it. Being able to order two systems, was the final nail in the coffin for a quick sold out.

A lot of places don't, but yeah you'd think by now with gaming products in general that are expected to be THIS hot they would think ahead.

To be fair at this pricepoint I wouldn't imagine that many people trying to scalp these which is probably what they thought as well.

• Well still got my fingers crossed every thing goes through

• @Henry-Ramirez said:

but I've been reading on Reddit forums that Walmart is going cancel them all

Reddit is full of liars

• @Mbun lol

• https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/24/16019808/snes-classic-pre-orders-canceled-walmart

I realize that's not straight from the king of news, 4chan, but... it doesn't look good. What a mess. I'm sorry to all of you that got your orders in if they get cancelled.

• So it turns out this was a site error that posted the pre order too early. Nothing yet that all pre orders would be cancelled though. And both of mine are fine so far. Which I ordered separately with two different payments.

Still signed up for another in stock alert just for the hell of it. I think by now Walmart would have cancelled them all if they wanted to. Perhaps once they get the actual stock we could see another wave of cancellations. One report states the opening was a mere 30 minutes.

All SNES orders are set to be cancelled.

• Got my cancellation email today, order still says "Processing" but whatever. Walmart can go to hell.

There's no reason they couldn't have just honored the orders they had until they fulfilled them before opening up more orders, and then to offer no sort of compensation is just fuel on the fire.

I'm used to them being crap, but this is really really bad.

EDIT- Got a second email, NOW it's totally officially cancelled.

Back to feeling like I'll never get this damn thing, because now thanks to this people are gonna jump on the next order even more, thanks walmart.

• Just got the email.......yay

• Same here, even got two emails saying the order was cancelled. I'm going through Best Buy next time, I've got gift cards burning a hole in my pocket

• I just hope ill be off work whenever the next round of pre orders go live,.

• When Reddit is right, everybody loses. So mine got canceled with everyone else's order of course. I agree it's dumb Walmart couldn't just honor the preorders they took, but if they're the first people to offer preorders again I'm not going to not preorder one from them because of this whole stupid ordeal. You're just as likely to get screwed over anywhere you go with these, so might as well get them while you can where you can. Hopefully I'll be awake and at the ready the next time they go up as well.

I hope you're watching this Nintendo. This is ridiculous and you can prevent it if you just make enough of these for everyone and tell us you'll keep making them as long as there's demand so scalpers can't profit from them. That's seriously all it'd take to end this shitshow.

• Why is Australia literally like, the only country that can get our games pre order system right?

Australia sold out SNES pre orders too, but we had pre orders availiable for like 2 or 3 days before retailers stopped taking orders. and was literally right after Nintendo announced the system. whenever Nintendo announces stuff EB always takes pre orders pretty much the same day the game/console gets announced to give themselves time to work out how much stock each store needs to order.

America on the other hand announces a game. then waits months to give everyone heaps of notice the game is coming, you just don't know when you can pre order it. then suddenly game put pre orders up and the pre orders have sold out within minutes because the scalpers have been waiting, watching and expecting the pre order for the exact item to come up in the system at some point.

i was able to get an SNES mini pre order with no trouble at all :)

• @Yoshi don't you all get screwed on a whole bunch of other gaming stuff, though? Or is that over and done with? Either way, yeah, this is a pretty huge shitshow.

• Banned