SNES Classic now avaliable for pre-order at Walmart.com

• So it turns out this was a site error that posted the pre order too early. Nothing yet that all pre orders would be cancelled though. And both of mine are fine so far. Which I ordered separately with two different payments.

Still signed up for another in stock alert just for the hell of it. I think by now Walmart would have cancelled them all if they wanted to. Perhaps once they get the actual stock we could see another wave of cancellations. One report states the opening was a mere 30 minutes.

All SNES orders are set to be cancelled.

• Got my cancellation email today, order still says "Processing" but whatever. Walmart can go to hell.

There's no reason they couldn't have just honored the orders they had until they fulfilled them before opening up more orders, and then to offer no sort of compensation is just fuel on the fire.

I'm used to them being crap, but this is really really bad.

EDIT- Got a second email, NOW it's totally officially cancelled.

Back to feeling like I'll never get this damn thing, because now thanks to this people are gonna jump on the next order even more, thanks walmart.

• Just got the email.......yay

• Same here, even got two emails saying the order was cancelled. I'm going through Best Buy next time, I've got gift cards burning a hole in my pocket

• I just hope ill be off work whenever the next round of pre orders go live,.

• When Reddit is right, everybody loses. So mine got canceled with everyone else's order of course. I agree it's dumb Walmart couldn't just honor the preorders they took, but if they're the first people to offer preorders again I'm not going to not preorder one from them because of this whole stupid ordeal. You're just as likely to get screwed over anywhere you go with these, so might as well get them while you can where you can. Hopefully I'll be awake and at the ready the next time they go up as well.

I hope you're watching this Nintendo. This is ridiculous and you can prevent it if you just make enough of these for everyone and tell us you'll keep making them as long as there's demand so scalpers can't profit from them. That's seriously all it'd take to end this shitshow.

• Why is Australia literally like, the only country that can get our games pre order system right?

Australia sold out SNES pre orders too, but we had pre orders availiable for like 2 or 3 days before retailers stopped taking orders. and was literally right after Nintendo announced the system. whenever Nintendo announces stuff EB always takes pre orders pretty much the same day the game/console gets announced to give themselves time to work out how much stock each store needs to order.

America on the other hand announces a game. then waits months to give everyone heaps of notice the game is coming, you just don't know when you can pre order it. then suddenly game put pre orders up and the pre orders have sold out within minutes because the scalpers have been waiting, watching and expecting the pre order for the exact item to come up in the system at some point.

i was able to get an SNES mini pre order with no trouble at all :)

• @Yoshi don't you all get screwed on a whole bunch of other gaming stuff, though? Or is that over and done with? Either way, yeah, this is a pretty huge shitshow.

• Banned

• @Yoshi said in SNES Classic now avaliable for pre-order at Walmart.com:

Why is Australia literally like, the only country that can get our games pre order system right?

Australia sold out SNES pre orders too, but we had pre orders availiable for like 2 or 3 days before retailers stopped taking orders. and was literally right after Nintendo announced the system. whenever Nintendo announces stuff EB always takes pre orders pretty much the same day the game/console gets announced to give themselves time to work out how much stock each store needs to order.

America on the other hand announces a game. then waits months to give everyone heaps of notice the game is coming, you just don't know when you can pre order it. then suddenly game put pre orders up and the pre orders have sold out within minutes because the scalpers have been waiting, watching and expecting the pre order for the exact item to come up in the system at some point.

i was able to get an SNES mini pre order with no trouble at all :)

I'd rather get screwed over once or twice on getting a pre-order than to pay the prices you pay in AUS though.

• Banned

@ZyloWolfBane Not to mention the censorship of games that still regularly happens in Koala and Giant Bug Land.

• @naltmank if we do get screwed, it's usually because Nintendo doesn't release a special edition game here. like how Nintendo Australia didn't bother to release the Metroid Legacy edition here.

that's why it's awesome that if that happens, we can just import from Europe no problem.

• Pretty sure Amazon would have honored most of those orders. But oh well.

Round 2 here I come.

• Just got myself a 2nd preorder for an SNES mini. Harvey norman currently has more in stock in Australia atm.

:3