Uncharted:The Lost Legacy (PS4)

• Global Moderator

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

E3 Story Trailer

With only a month to go and some previews dropping today, seems like a good time to start talking about The Lost legacy.

EZA Impressions

Once the 5 minute mark hit, I was hard out of the video. Don't really want to have any real spoilers and those first few minutes already got me very excited about The Lost Legacy, and even looking further on to TLoU2. It just sounds like ND are adding more possibilities to explore and that's really exciting to me

• I like the expanded environments. A nice change from the ultra linearity if the main games.
    I do have to chuckle that Uncharted has essentially come full circle and become Tomb Raider.

• Pre-ordered, baby!!

• Global Moderator

@El-Shmiablo Ya I get that persepective. The only thing I'll say is I never really felt like I was exploring in Tomb Raider either (the first reboot game, haven't played Rise). I already felt that Uncharted 4 did a much better job in that department so hearing that it's been expanded here is exciting for me.

• @tokeeffe9 Yeah there wasn't much exploring in the TR reboot, and Rise only mildly addresses that (tombs and such are slightly more out of the way and a little more substantial than just a quick environmental puzzle). They were more collectathons than anything, having to backtrack to find hidden stuffs.

Anyways, I think LL looks dope af and like this direction for Uncharted. If this is how much love ND shows a spin-off, I can't wait to see what they do next.

With that said, is anybody hoping for something a little less serious in tone for whatever ND's next projects ends up being?

• Not sure I'm gonna get this to be honest. The premise and story doesn't sound all that interesting and while Chloe is fine I couldn't care less about Nadine (or this game's villain for that matter).

• I am absolutely hyped for this (insert Huber emote here)! As a massive fan of Uncharted 4, I am excited for this! It's going to be the feel-good game of August! :)

• I'm extremely excited for The Lost Legacy! Uncharted 4 was my game of the year, last year, and so getting more Uncharted in any form is exciting.

I'll admit that I wasn't sold by the reveal. So much of Uncharted is about its tone and I wasn't convinced that they would be able to capture those same vibes without Nathan Drake. The first 40 seconds of the E3 2017 trailer showed me everything I needed to see. This is an Uncharted game!

Honestly, I believe The Lost Legacy might serve as a great example of how to take a series with an established male lead and create a new entry with a female lead without reinventing the world. Chloe holds a great balance of familiar and mysterious. I absolutely adored Nadine while playing Uncharted 4 and I'm so excited we get to know her better. Just please leave Nate, Elena, and Sully out of this game. Let this game be its own thing. Sam could be interesting though... hmm...

This game is coming so soon! So much hype!

• @DeweyDecibel said in Uncharted:The Lost Legacy (PS4, 22nd August):

Honestly, I believe The Lost Legacy might serve as a great example of how to take a series with an established male lead and create a new entry with a female lead without reinventing the world.

Well, it helps that they already had established characters and that Chloe is both a well-liked character along with being the protag. If Chloe wasn't in the game and it focused on Nadine I doubt most people would be interested. She's one of the most polarizing characters in the entire series.

I absolutely adored Nadine while playing Uncharted 4 and I'm so excited we get to know her better. Just please leave Nate, Elena, and Sully out of this game.

Well I honestly don't know what people liked about Nadine. To me she was bland, uninteresting and didn't really servve much of a purpose in the story. She should've been combined into one character along with Rafe (or just scrap Nadine entirely and make Rafe more crazy and obsessed like he was more towards the end of U4).
    I guess people liked Nadine because she's a strong "badass" female character? In any case, hopefully they develop her character and make her serve more of a purpose this time around. I might warm up to her if she's handled better.

Let this game be its own thing. Sam could be interesting though... hmm...

This game should've either been about Sam and Sully or not include either of them if you ask me. Adding Sam to the mix would just muddy up the story since he has no real connection to Chloe and with Nadine I can't imagine there being much love between them after what happened in U4.

• Global Moderator

@suplextrain I really like Nadine because she's smart. She doesn't just do what she is told and she knows when things aren't in her favour. Most characters would just continue on, oblivious to everything that happens. She's not just a typecast villain which Rafe, who I like, does basically turn into.

I'm really interesting in getting more of her backstory and seeing how that relationship works with Chloe. It's fair to say that it won't exactly be all rosy and seeing them clash and work out there differences should be good. I do trust in ND to do it justice.

• @tokeeffe9 said in Uncharted:The Lost Legacy (PS4, 22nd August):

I really like Nadine because she's smart. She doesn't just do what she is told and she knows when things aren't in her favour. Most characters would just continue on, oblivious to everything that happens. She's not just a typecast villain which Rafe, who I like, does basically turn into.

I guess I feel Nadine (in U4) is little more than a named grunt and felt like she didn't even care about what was going on in the story (lacking motivations). She was there because she was hired and that's it. Rafe (while rather bland) at least had a connection to Sam, Drake and the treasure while Nadine was just... there.
    I don't know, maybe I care too much about things like character motivations and connections.

I guess I also find it wierd that Nadine would go on a treasure hunt shortly after the events of U4 when said treasure hunt not only

cost her Shoreline (her fathers PMC) but at the end of U4 she clearly had enough of the treasure hunt they were on.

She didn't exactly strike me as a treasure hunter. This also makes it even wierder that Nadine and Chloe are working together in some uneasy alliance on this new treasure hunt.

But it'll be interesting to see if and how they manage to tie it all together.

• As much as I love Uncharted, and I am looking forward to it. My big hype, is that pre ordering gives you Jak and Daxter Precursor Legacy on PS4. My favorite game of all time. Can not wait!

• Reviews are out!

And predictably excellent.

Eurogamer says it's about 8 hours long, I'm surprised, I remember them mentioning it would be around 20 hours. Or did I dream that? Either way I'm fine with a shorter game, there's too much to play.

• Global Moderator

@Axel Nice to see reviews are looking positive. I'm not too surprised that the main negatives appear to be that it's more of the same. That's pretty much what I was expecting.

As for the length. They never said it was 20 hours long but I do think they mentioned it was more like Uncharted 1 length.

• I haven't even let myself completely grasp the idea that we're actually going to get more Uncharted in the first place, and now it's less than a week away. With scores like that and texts saying just the right words for me. (Like there was ever any doubt really.) Love this series, can't believe I get to go back for more. Such a stealth approach with this one, it's just suddenly behind the door with a big smile on its face asking to go along for an adventure. That's all I need to hear. :)

• Global Moderator

Added the launch trailer and the EZA review to the OP. Watch at your own risk :D

• I've been trying to decide all day whether I should I watch Huber's review or not, finally decided not to. It's just too close now, and I've already nicely forgotten much of the E3 stuff and the earlier trailers.

• Damn, this sounds good! Uncharted meets MGS5 (and Crysis). Stealth has a bigger role. One, bigger milieu as a UC4's Madagascar style area. Add to that the already-known Uncharted qualities and it all sounds really, really interesting.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-uncharted-the-lost-legacy-tech-analysis

• I'm surprised that I'm not feeling the urge to grab this day one.. Maybe I'm just not as invested as I was in the Drake storyline but I think I might wait a little while before picking this up.

That said, it still looks fantastic and I'm really looking forward to playing some more Uncharted!

• @El-Shmiablo said in Uncharted:The Lost Legacy (PS4, 22nd August):

I like the expanded environments. A nice change from the ultra linearity if the main games.
    I do have to chuckle that Uncharted has essentially come full circle and become Tomb Raider.

well i dont like uncharted but its definitely better than tomb raider games.

the tomb raider reboot and rise of tomb raider are some of the worst game i have ever played. atleast uncharted did shooting better. the platforming is one button and entire game is on rail cinematic with some crafting elements.