The EZA Community Top 20 Best of 2015!

• Divinity is a franchise I know even less than Tales, so I must refrain further, but no doubt it's worthy of being here

@CGamor7 @Sazime And that's totally cool! Personally speaking, I picked up 3 solely for playing as a Native American during the American Revolution and 4 solely for being a pirate. Even if it's a setting, a concept, or mechanic, and Origins has it for you, then hey, it's your kind of game! I hope you enjoy it if you do grab it (But that Oct 27 date, yeesh...).

• @TokyoSlim

I never understood the appeal of Drive Club. My dad gave me a free voucher for it that came with his Sony phone. 100% and I mean ONE-HUNDRED PERCENT of the races I played online consisted of people ramming me right from the get go and throughout. The person who would win was the person who escaped the ramming at the beginning.

Then what frustrated me even more is that I lose points and get punished for being rammed by other players when I hit a wall or hit somebody else as a result of it. That was a completely broken system and made me question how this game got any praise at all.

This criticism has nothing to do with the PS+ botch.

• @GoTaco
    I mean, people who don't know how to drive (or just like messing with you) ram in most online driving games, it's not a DC specific issue...Also, PvP multiplayer is 1 of 3 of the game modes, and it's not even the "main" mode, so maybe try Trials or Single where you're not going up head to head with online trolls until you learn how to mitigate them?

• As much as I love Divinity: Original Sin, to me that game came out in 2014, so I didn't include it in my list. I know this applies for the base game, not for the Enhanced edition, but still... :/

• @jipostus Yeah that one was pretty dodgy, but the Enhanced Edition is so different from the vanilla game that I felt it was ok to allow it.

• @jipostus I just go by the rules. It's not a port or a simple remaster. The game is significantly different than Divinity 2014.

http://divinity.wikia.com/wiki/Differences_in_Divinity:_Original_Sin_Enhanced_Edition

• @TokyoSlim I know, and I definitely prefer that edition of the game. But still, That's just my reasoning for not including this gem on my list, besides the obvious "forgot it" :D

• Cool, Syndicate had made it. I've always enjoyed them all, the Assassin's Creeds, I own them all (well, the main series games), The twins were good characters to play as, the train HQ was a nice idea as well as switching between the two of them there. I just bought the Jack the Ripper DLC finally from the Summer Sale a week ago, I'll get to that once I return from my holiday.

• Global Moderator

Glad syndicate made it in! I got worn out of the series halfway through 3 and had to force myself to finish it. Took a break but eventually played syndicate and it was awesome and felt "fresh" for me.

• The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC

#12. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC - 13 points

Votes

#1: 1 (Tearju Engi)
    #2: 2 (Sieghardt, WarpDogsVG)
    #3: 0
    #4: 0
    #5: 0

Information

Release date: October 29 [US/EU]
    Developer: Nihon Falcom
    Publisher: Nihon Falcom, Xseed Games
    Genre: Role-playing
    Platform(s): PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, PSP, Microsoft Windows

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia

• Either my picks were waaaay weirder than I thought, or waaaay on the closer to other folks than I thought.

• Global Moderator

@Sazime I am starting to think the same, at least Ive seen 1 of my picks thus far haha

• if i had known that SC was elidgeable i would have had it in my top 5

• Despite not having anything to say about Tales or Divinity, I have at least heard about them. However, with the Legend of Heroes, I don't know if I have ever seen or known about this game/series. But shoutout to the fact a PSP game (PSP!) made it in 2015.

• @Brannox its been out in japan since 2006 only made it hereon vita and pc in 2015

also for those that played it how many times did u let the opening go so you could hear this

Youtube Video

• This game combined with FC is probably one of my favorite RPGs of all time. It tells a story well, introduces characters that you might play or not without it being a big hazzle and even makes NPCs some life.
    Sure the world isn't big but things that happen and all within a boarder is amazing and knowing that some will have a role in another series whether big or small is really interesting. Music is great BTW.
    Battle mechanics are pretty good and cutscenes using an engine instead of showing an FMV really shows what cool things you can do with it and doesn't feel out of place.

I hope peopple will jump in once Ben has finished the FC.

• @Tearju-Engi I agree every character is just living their life and they pop in and out as they please to complete their own goals.

The ending of FC is probably up there with Snake Eater as my Favorite ending to a game.

• Is there a big difference between the Vita/PSP version and the PC version of the Trails in the Sky games, I'm interested just not interested enough to devote the time right now, and I believe I've heard that the PC is really the way to play them, but I'm way more likely to try it out on the Vita than on PC.

• Yakuza 5

#11. Yakuza 5 - 15 points

Votes

#1: 3 (DeweyDTruman, Sieghardt, parasitepaladin)
    #2: 0
    #3: 0
    #4: 0
    #5: 0

Information

Release date: December 8 [US/EU]
    Developer: Sega
    Publisher: Sega
    Genre: Action-adventure
    Platform(s): PlayStation 3

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• @DeweyDTruman @Sieghardt I think this calls for a manly group hug.