The EZA Community Top 20 Best of 2015!

• Global Moderator

@Sazime I am starting to think the same, at least Ive seen 1 of my picks thus far haha

• if i had known that SC was elidgeable i would have had it in my top 5

• Despite not having anything to say about Tales or Divinity, I have at least heard about them. However, with the Legend of Heroes, I don't know if I have ever seen or known about this game/series. But shoutout to the fact a PSP game (PSP!) made it in 2015.

• @Brannox its been out in japan since 2006 only made it hereon vita and pc in 2015

also for those that played it how many times did u let the opening go so you could hear this

Youtube Video

• This game combined with FC is probably one of my favorite RPGs of all time. It tells a story well, introduces characters that you might play or not without it being a big hazzle and even makes NPCs some life.
    Sure the world isn't big but things that happen and all within a boarder is amazing and knowing that some will have a role in another series whether big or small is really interesting. Music is great BTW.
    Battle mechanics are pretty good and cutscenes using an engine instead of showing an FMV really shows what cool things you can do with it and doesn't feel out of place.

I hope peopple will jump in once Ben has finished the FC.

• @Tearju-Engi I agree every character is just living their life and they pop in and out as they please to complete their own goals.

The ending of FC is probably up there with Snake Eater as my Favorite ending to a game.

• Is there a big difference between the Vita/PSP version and the PC version of the Trails in the Sky games, I'm interested just not interested enough to devote the time right now, and I believe I've heard that the PC is really the way to play them, but I'm way more likely to try it out on the Vita than on PC.

• Yakuza 5

#11. Yakuza 5 - 15 points

Votes

#1: 3 (DeweyDTruman, Sieghardt, parasitepaladin)
    #2: 0
    #3: 0
    #4: 0
    #5: 0

Information

Release date: December 8 [US/EU]
    Developer: Sega
    Publisher: Sega
    Genre: Action-adventure
    Platform(s): PlayStation 3

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• @DeweyDTruman @Sieghardt I think this calls for a manly group hug.

• Pretty neat that all the votes for it were first place. Either you were hard in or you were out I guess.

• Global Moderator

I have to admit that I havent played any Yakuza in my life haha! even though with all the talks from EZA and the community have made me come close to pick up Yakuza 0. Also a fun fact, when I was younger I always used to mix up Yakuza and Shenmue.

• @parasitepaladin @DeweyDTruman Kyodai! Glad at least a couple of others played it and loved it as much as I did

Akiyama doing a dance battle too was the most SEGA thing in years

• The only Yakuza game I really played so far was 0, there was just too much fuckery with the series before 0 (1st game having english voices only, 1&2 HD Remasters not in the west, 3 having a lot of stuff removed (around 20 subquests, mahjong, Shogi, Hostess Club), 5 being digital only in the west), I really couldn't care less about this series at that point. Very glad SEGA has been redeeming themselves with 0 and I can't wait for Kiwami, but I don't know if I ever will play 5, maybe if it's on a PSN sale for like 5 bucks, maybe.

• Yakuza 5 placing 11th is probably the first real surprise of this list for me. Being a member of the community and such a fan of EZA, it's easy to believe that the support for series like Yakuza is more numerous, and therefore the expectation it would be top 10 AT LEAST, but hey, only 28 people contributed to this specific effort, so I'm sure there are plenty out there who didn't see this but still love the game.

With that said, I'm going to be STUNNED if Bloodborne doesn't take top spot.

Finally, I have to echo the vote turnout: Only three, but ALL first place votes. That's pretty funny.

• @Brannox I wouldn't count Witcher III out of the top spot just yet. But it's pretty much either Witcher III or Bloodborne.

• I couldn't get into 5, aside from it so far my only experience with the series is 4 which I liked but I still found a lot of issues with it, specially with the jumping between the multiple characters.

I had fun with the stuff that I played from 5, the thing that took me out of it was that whenever I wanted to move along it and make progress it felt like it took forever, and the pacing overall was horrible, and I also had a lot of issues with just presentation and quaility of life stuff, that i had issues with in my time in 5, and plenty of issues with the same things in 4 as well, so I didn't want to go through that again.

Maybe when I renew plus I'll try 5 a little more, and I'm interested in checking out 0, it's just that I find too many roadblocks with the game for me to thoroughly enjoy them.

• Global Moderator

I'm not actually sure if I played any of 5. I got Yakuza 4 & 5 through PS+ and definitely put a few hours into 1 if not both of them but didn't get that far.

I just wasn't in the mood for that type of game really. That said, I'm starting Yakuza Zero now with every intention of going back to play 4 & 5 if I like it.

• I haven't played Yakuza 3 or 5. I ended up selling my ps3 right before 5 hit ps+ too.

• @Sieghardt YES. We are offically koydais. I've played them all! (that have been released in the west at least).

And agreed. That was a great moment.

• @jipostus I believe it's guarenteed top 2, but I have seen more love for BB than Witcher. However, to allude to my recent Until Dawn discussion, that's subjective, because while I may see SO MUCH BB love in comparison, that doesn't mean more people actually regard Witcher as the better game that year. So, I'll still be stunned. If it doesn't place in the top two... well, that's not happening, so it's pointless to speculate ;-)