The EZA Community Top 20 Best of 2015!

• Until Dawn - I really enjoyed this game, but only beat it the once. Cheesy horror has always been right up my alley. I don't believe it made my top 10 of the year though, its hard to remember what I put altogether.

Assassins Creed Syndicate - I bought it, but I've yet to start it.

Divinity Original Sin: Enhanced Edition - A stunning game. After seeing the WRPG genre gradually get weaker and weaker as time went on, the likes of this and a number of others since really proved that there is some hope. It's not the Enhanced Edition I bought though, not even sure if it was 2015 actually.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC - This was definitely in my top 5, I remember that much. I didn't send a list in this time though, so I guess it would have been a bit higher if I had. Cold Steel actually crept in for that year too because I imported it instead of waiting on the PAL version.

Yakuza 5 - Same as Syndicate, I just haven't started it yet. Sucks it was digital only.

Batman: Arkham Knight - I've played about 5 hours of it. It's ... ok I guess. Typical open world "issues" made me put it down though.

• Batman: Arkham Knight was a pretty good experience for me. I absolutely LOVED the scale of Gotham, and AK is the best looking, most inclusive (of villains) Batman game ever. However, it does have its issues.

While regular mode was fine once you figured out the controls, the tank mode for the Batmobile really irritated me. ESPECIALLY by the end game.

The Arkham Knight itself? While I'm not a big Batman fan and have only been one for only the last few years, the reveal didn't bother me as much as die-hard fans, but I too feel it was telegraphed and could have been something better.

Hiding the "True ending" behind having to beat the Riddler, which envolved finding EVERY trophy and solving EVERY riddle. And that ending not really being a concrete one is also bothersome.

With that being said I have to say the absolute best part of the game was every single instance

The Joker was present

particularly during the end sequence.

I'm happy to see it make the top 10 though, and a massive shout out to @Exist-2-Inspire, @ib0show, @Billy, @Axel, @Inustar, and @Hazz3r for it making your lists!

@Inustar I completely agree.

• @Billy I bought it day before it was pulled from Steam. And I refunded it pretty fast. To this day, it's the only time I had refunded a game on Steam.

• I came to Arkham Knight pretty late, and I definitely enjoyed it but not as much as the previous games in the series.

Like everyone else, I also felt it relied a bit too much on the Batmobile and while it had its moments, it just felt a bit too disconnected to the rest of the moveset.

Speaking of moveset, one of my main gripes lies with the many, too many moves and combos and gadgets that are thrown at you. In Asylum and City I pretty much mastered the combat and predator systems and I couldn't get enough of them. Everything was second nature and I felt extremely badass.

In Knight, there were just too many button combinations to remember and I felt constantly overwhelmed. I ended up just relying on the basics but kept feeling like I wasn't reaching the Batman's full potential. I went through some battles feeling cheap rather than dominating.

I understand they had to introduce new gameplay elements, as all sequels do, but in this instance it made the cooking pot overflow.

Even though I 100% all previous games, I couldn't bring myself to do it in this one, those Riddler trophies and that secret ending will forever remain beyond reach.

That being said, I'm very eager to see what Rocksteady brings us next, as these guys are masters of their craft.

• Splatoon

#9. Splatoon - 16 points

Votes

#1: 2 (Minamik, Yoshi)
    #2: 0
    #3: 1 (DeweyDTruman)
    #4: 1 (Bigdude1)
    #5: 1 (logic_error)

Information

Release date: May 29 [US/EU]
    Developer: Nintendo EAD
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Genre: Third-person shooter
    Platform(s): Wii U

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• Kinda surprised Splatoon isn't higher, that game's somethin special.

• Oh yeah, I forgot Splatoon was a 2015 game! Kind of topical too what with Splatoon 2 fresh on people's minds right now. Though I have no illusions to know much of any of Nintendo's properties, having a quirky but engaging take on what a multiplayer shooter can be (and it beating out it's established AAA competition for MP shooter of the year), is a great idea and well worth it's place in the top games of 2015.

• Global Moderator

Was it really 2015 Splatoon came out? feels like it was much more recent.. time really flies! I have only played it a little over at a friends house, so didnt feel confident enough to put it in my list.

• Splatoon had to be on my list, too jolly to not at least give it one point! Just a fun all around game and I really enjoy the aesthetic.

• Fallout 4

#8. Fallout 4 - 20 points

Votes

#1: 0
    #2: 0
    #3: 5 (bard91, Faaip, Exist 2 Inspire, Hazz3r, gwnner)
    #4: 1 (DisturbedSwan)
    #5: 3 (Billy, FF7Cloud, Sazime)

Information

Release date: November 10 [US/EU]
    Developer: Bethesda Game Studios
    Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
    Genre: Action role-playing
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• Arkham Knight having a spot is surprising for the amount of hate it cultured for itself, but also not surprising because it sits right in a niche that so many people love. Interesting to see it on this list!

And OMG Fallout 4, hitting number 8 with no help from a #1 or #2 pick is hilarious. Nice to see it break into the top 10, but I wasn't expecting it at this point.

• I'm starting to think that none of my games made the list. Kind of makes sense though. Guess I'll have to wait and see. Tried to play Fallout but had too many glitches.

• @michemagius Every time a Bethesda RPG comes out, I think I'm the only person that doesn't experience horrible glitches. Except for Daggerfall. I went through 20 patches on a 14k modem, so maybe I've paid my dues.

• Fallout 4... there are some things that are great in it, but there are even more problems with it. Most notable for me was the HORRID UI for PC. Yes, there are mods that fixed that, but still, WTF Bethesda?

• The voting for Fallout 4 shows that all around, it was a decent to good game, an opinion held by quite a few, but not a GOTY worthy experience. I remember Bethesda's first presser and the big blowouts both DOOM and Fallout 4 got and how it ended with the quick turnaround of being released in six months.

From then on, my two closest friends would. Not. Stop. Hyping up and anticipating Fallout 4. And when it came out in November, they went dark and I didn't hear from them until January. They hold the same view that it was a good game but didn't grab them like Fallout 3, but the impact Fallout has is incredible.

Now we're starting to get into the heavy hitters! I don't believe my #2 game will make it, there's a minute chance my #3 game will and if it does, it will be the next reveal. One of the two games that didn't make my list also has an outside shot, but I'm not sure we'll see it because of what it contained, or rather what it didn't.

• Well, not surprised Splatoon wasn't higher since it was on the Wii U. It says a lot about how good that game was that it did so well on a system so many people didn't own.

Arkham Knight was my number 5 mostly cause I didn't play a ton of games in 2015, and I love the Arkham games. But it was nowhere as good as City or even Origins. But it was more of what I loved about the other games, comic references and fun fighting.

Fallout 4 is a game I kinda hated. Like I bought that when it came out and tried to like it, played it for like 10 hours, but it never felt good to me. I adored Fallout 3, and this one just was disappointing. Being from New England it was kinda fun to see Boston destroyed, but I didn't feel like I had much choice in what to do. Not to mention I didn't take to any of the characters except Valentine. The glitches and bugs also annoyed me, mostly cause having played 3 and Skyrim, I think I used up all my allowances for that crap.
    Luckily the BF loved the game and finished it, so I didn't waste money buying it.

• Man Arkham Knight played really well but it did not have a very great story and those robot vehicles were painfully boring. I'd give the game a solid 7/10 but I'm very surprised it was up this high.

As per Fallout 4 - they removed anything and everything charming about the series to me. I cannot see past the awful voice acting and being forced to role play as a guy with a very defined set of characteristics. It feels more like an adventure game with shooting. That's fine, but it is a wasted opportunity for role playing. I kinda thought mostly everybody had issues with this game so I'm kinda surprised that it's in the top 10.

• Xenoblade Chronicles X

#7. Xenoblade Chronicles X - 23 points

Votes

#1: 2 (MCMRJ, Bigdude1)
    #2: 1 (Yoshi)
    #3: 3 (Axel, FF7Cloud, Neo Cweeny)
    #4: 0
    #5: 0

Information

Release date: December 4 [US/EU]
    Developer: Monolith Soft
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Genre: Action role-playing
    Platform(s): Wii U

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• Okay, no way Mad Max made it into top 6. Damn. :( That was a great surprise of a game, loved the setting, driving in that car in that abandoned world exploring the small settlements here and there. Especially the dunes were great, and when you found your way under the sands... wow.

• @Sentinel-Beach I'm playing through Mad Max now. I'd enjoy it a lot more if it didn't feel like certain things were so broken. It's a solid 7, but there was no way it was making my top 5.