The EZA Community Top 20 Best of 2015!

• Seriously can't wait for Rocket League to come to the Switch. I adored it on PS4 and then kinda fell out of it after a good while. Being able to play it handheld makes me giggle with anticipation :D

• Rocket League is just a lot of dumb fun that surprised everyone by being better than what most of us expected. Honestly though, I probably never would have purchased it if I didn't get it free on PS+ so... smart move on their part.

• I only played Rocket League during the free weekend on Steam, and the only reason why I haven't bought it is because I know if would consume a lot of time, because I had an incredible time with the game, and there's no better feeling that when you actually get to stop a clear shot on goal in midair.

• I played Rocket League for about a month after getting it on PS+ and had a lot of fun with it, but eventually I sort of hit a wall and didn't feel like I was getting better anymore, and slowly moved on to other games. It's definitely an awesome concept and perfectly executed, the controls are very responsive and satisfying. Was my #6!

• Rocket League is a game that succeeds at being both technical and casual and endlessly fun for any player type.

The way they released the Hockey mode, Basketball mode, the cube mode, and all of the game alterations over time, made me feel like I was back in the era of support that Bungie provided Halo 3 MP in that it was all about making the game endlessly varied and ridiculously fun.

The best part is that my roommate and I played split-screen against bots on the hardest difficulty more than anything else. That says a lot about how fun this game is, when you can enjoy yourself against AI bots just as much as playing real people.

• Well, not third but I have one prediction right! On the whole, Rocket League was THE out of nowhere smash hit of that year. Something so simple, yet so brilliant. While I have not played, nor do I want to play, I find it a fascinating example of what can happen when people get behind a concept. Also, huge shoutout to the NoClip doc series on it. Super good stuff.

• Rocket League is all killer no filler. At least at launch, some of those modes they've added since have been kinda not so hot, but I can deal with that if it means they also add some cool new cars like Takumi or some fun modes like Hoops. And I mean, it's not like those new game modes cost me a dime. Free updates that don't outright break a game are always a plus.

• Rocket League is something truly special. To me, it's the best sports game ever made. I haven't had as much fun with any other sports game ever, and likely never will.

• Global Moderator

I still havent played a minute of Rocket league. Still kinda regret that I discarded it when it was free on PS+ just to then see that people loves it haha.

Life is Strange however. I got it because it was free on PS+ and a friend of mine has been bugging me about it for absolutely ages, so thought I would give it a try. I did not expect it to be such a huge thing for me. Its 5 episodes on about 2 hours each, give or take depending on how much you want to read/talk to people. It is a bit ofa teenage drama but man it gripped me so hard. Few games have made me so emotinal as this. I cried, laughed, cried some more, felt panic, pride and at some points I just screamed right out. It really feels like it could be real people you play as. I mean I normally arent a huge fan of "pick your own adventures episodic games", but this was something else. I played it through twice in the span of 3 weeks and platinumed it. So worth it!

• Undertale

#4. Undertale - 34 points

Votes

#1: 4 (bard91, SabotageTheTruth, logic_error, naltmank)
    #2: 1 (Sazime)
    #3: 1 (LordBaztion)
    #4: 3 (DeweyDTruman, Inustar, WarpDogsVG)
    #5: 1 (TokyoSlim)

Information

Release date: September 15 [US/EU]
    Developer: Toby Fox
    Publisher: Toby Fox
    Genre: Role-playing
    Platform(s): Microsoft Windows, OS X

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia

• Awwwww yesss, there is my GOTY and one of my favorite games of all time.

• I expected to like Undertale simply based on it's premise and the little I knew of it before starting it, I wasn't expecting it to be absolutely amazing at every turn and that it would make me feel bad for not beating it more than once. I feel like everything in that game works to perfection, and it has every right to stand against any other video game you can throw at it.

• @bard91 If it makes you feel any better, if you go through the effort of getting the "best" ending, they guilt you into NEVER PLAYING THE GAME EVER AGAIN. Or... at the very least making a copy of your save and keeping it safe forever. The metaverse is strong in this game.

• @SabotageTheTruth Wait, Undertale was your number 1 that you were so worried wasn't gonna be on the list? Are you mad?! We're not monsters.... Well not completely.

I super adore Undertale even though I couldn't finish it. Just not good enough at it, but man I really appreciate the idea of the game, the soundtrack, the characters and the aesthetic.

• @Inustar Undertale gets a lot of hate on the interwebs y'know.

BUT. Super happy to see it represented so high on the list here. It changed my perception of games while creating some unique characters and a fleshed out world. Toby Fox's soundtrack is absolutely stellar as well.

Only one game on my list that hasn't shown up yet but that one will for sure. Feels good.

• That one surprised me, I expected it to show up but I never imagined it would rank that high. Guess I really need to play it someday!

• 2 for 2! Undertale doesn't appeal to me for several reasons, but there are two things about it I respect:

The ways it treats the player, dependent upon the player's choices.
    If you play Undertale, then at the VERY LEAST you like it OR you absolutely HATE it.

I think Rocket League was the out of nowhere success more than any other, but Undertale was more of an indie-darling: Didn't get as much attention, but is at least, if not more, impactful on the industry.

Good on both of those games!

• Time for Rainbow Six Seige to beat out MGSV for 3rd. We all know who the top 2 are...

• Freakin love Undertale, but I almost changed my opinion on it because of the fandom. It actually led to me completely changing the way I interact with/on the internet, which I guess can be seen as a positive in the long run. Managed to come back from the toxic swamp of the internet with an even stronger love for this game, where it now ranks among my favorites of all time.

• Speaking of Undertale, is there anyone here that hasn't played it yet that wants to?